• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295409243' post='2582654']
Interesting timing to sign an ODP.
[/quote]

You are incorrect my good sir. This is far from an ODP. It is a FAP. Notice there are no letters in correlation between the two acronyms, so they MUST be completely different things. :awesome:

Edited by Axolotlia

It is a misfitting fap time. :wacko: Glad to see this posted. :wub: Misfits :wub:

[quote name='dragonknight1000' timestamp='1295411944' post='2582764']
a FAP treaty...this is something I'd never expected to see since one alliance has the uptight Mia :P thought Misfits are likable so an o/ to you both
[/quote]

... uptight? DK, if you're going to sling, do it on IRC, not in a middle of a thread celebrating a new friendship, thanks.

Edited by Salmia

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295409243' post='2582654']
Interesting timing to sign an ODP.
[/quote]

If you read the actual text, it reads more like an optional aid pact if you wanna get really technical.

Or you could take it on face value for what its intended, a symbol of friendship.

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1295413247' post='2582805']
It is a misfitting fap time. :wacko: Glad to see this posted. :wub: Misfits :wub:

... uptight? DK, if you're going to sling, do it on IRC, not in a middle of a thread celebrating a new friendship, thanks.
[/quote]

I only kid Mia (like I always do - you should know that being around me long enough XD)

enjoy the pact guys, guess that makes IRON partial bros to Tetris (maybe >_>)

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295413681' post='2582816']
If you read the actual text, it reads more like an optional aid pact if you wanna get really technical.

Or you could take it on face value for what its intended, a symbol of friendship.
[/quote]
I read the text. I write my treaties the same way they do. Well, almost.
[quote]Section IV - Aid:
Should either alliance become involved in a defensive war, they may request for assistance in the means of financial aid or other assistance from their fellow signatory. This is an optional decision but is encouraged as good gestures promote lasting friendship. Financial aid may be offered or requested during peace times for specific purposes but compliance is not mandatory. Tech deals are highly encouraged to occur between both signatories, thus ensuing constant prosperity and growth between the two.[/quote]
Financial [i]or other[/i] assistance is the key phrase here, especially since it's prefaced by mention of war. No matter what you want to call it, whatever letters you ascribe to it, that's what the words say. I read treaties for more than just the title.

[quote name='Merlinus' timestamp='1295414868' post='2582863']
So, a FAP has no Article III? :)
[/quote]
Heh, that brings back some memories of my own, Chim might remember if he's reading this. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/IMG]