Declaration of War from FOK!

CheeKy

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295379281' post='2581808']
What's this overwhelming odds crap, it was like 16m vs 20m. That's a pretty close battle in the first place.

Besides which, NpO was still being pretty sassy about not being that worried, so I'm assuming they're happy to get more of a challenge.

But thanks for fulfilling the prediction from a few pages prior about how people will complain that wars are supposed to be fair. It's like clockwork around here.
[/quote]

Well, with this addition, it is now in the range of 28 million vs. 12 million, whoever came up with the 20v. 16 million was an idiot and didn't realize that there is a difference between New Pacific Order (16.5mil NS) and New Polar Order (12.25mil NS). Not sure how you are at math, but 20 v. 12 isn't nearly as close as 20 v. 16, with that in mind.

Yeah, fair wars don't exist, but its something how VE et. al. doubt their own abilities so much to line up 230% of the strength of the alliance they are fighting right off the start.

Edited by memoryproblems

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bigjoepryde' timestamp='1295379468' post='2581815']
Any 'smart' AA would also get their nations to double check before causing a PR disaster no matter how small. But I guess FOK is scared of NpO's allies and feels the need to war on alliances who arent currently involved so have an ounce of a chance if NpO's allies do show up
[/quote]

I'm sure this mistake is being worked out between iFOK/FOK/UINE govt as we speak.

[quote name='mikk206' timestamp='1295379684' post='2581823']
Good god, do everyone declare at random times now?
[/quote]
Comrade, it isnt as random as you think.

OOC: They are Dutch, so in a very different time zone then this game server is. I feel their pain, since I am also cont. European.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1295379581' post='2581821']
Well, with this addition, it is now in the range of 28 million vs. 12 million, whoever came up with the 20v. 16 million was an idiot and didn't realize that there is a difference between New Pacific Order (16.5mil NS) and New Polar Order (12.25mil NS). Not sure how you are at math, but 20 v. 12 isn't nearly as close as 20 v. 16, with that in mind.

Yeah, fair wars don't exist, but its something how VE et. al. doubt their own abilities so much to line up 230% of the strength of the alliance they are fighting right off the start.
[/quote]

Well what can one do, honestly. A year ago alliances not normally friendly towards Polaris would be mobilizing in its defense, now they won't. It's really not hard to realize that Polaris isn't going to get any help from the outside and these wars are designed to knock off the main antagonist.

Outside of Legion but it's Legion come on now. Oh and UPN, the mighty UPN too. And USN.. but at that point you just have to say, "who?"

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1295379823' post='2581829']
Comrade, it isnt as random as you think.

OOC: They are Dutch, so in a very different time zone then this game server is. I feel their pain, since I am also cont. European.
[/quote]
And still update is after breakfast. around 7 or 8 local time.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295378720' post='2581794']
[color="#0000FF"]Blood money. They share in the loot together. FOK needs to at least put up a token fight in order to rightfully claim a few thousand units of that tech. People might be critical of them otherwise, and we wouldn't want that, would we?[/color]
[/quote]

Actually, FOK hasn't demanded nor received any reps in nearly 2,5 years now.

But don't let that get in the way of your little theory. ;)

Edited by Divi Filius

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1295379945' post='2581833']
[/quote]
7. But you have to be behind your computer at 6.30 to even be able to attack before update, especially because the server gets laggy when a few hundred persons declare war and make a lot of clicks within a short time frame.

Edited by erikz

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295377439' post='2581744']
You're only supposed to declare war in which the sides are fair and even. If each side doesn't have an equal chance of winning, you're cheating.
[/quote]
Guess we'll have to do a better job at making this war even!

[/quote]
OOC: They are in CET as me which means update is in 7 in the morning. People are either a sleep or on their way to work, not logging into CN.

IC: Well, seeing ifok go, I figured you would too soon enough.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1295380113' post='2581838']
7. But you have to be behind your computer at 6.30 to even be able to attack before update, especially because the server gets laggy when a few hundred persons declare war and make a lot of clicks within a short time frame.
[/quote]

Which is much worse than 12 Midnight or 1 AM...right?

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1295378971' post='2581802']
Any smart alliance would also make it a standard to compile target lists from alliances on the other side of the fence regularly. Lets say at least once a month.... This way you can roll asap when needed.
[/quote]
Both of the UINE nations you attacked left NpO in October 2010. Guess you fogot to update the list a few months than, huh?

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1295379529' post='2581818']
Mixing Orders up.

NPO has 16.6mil, NpO has 12.2mil. I have seen this mentioned couple of times, so wanted to correct.
[/quote]
Guess someone is setting their sights elsewhere, eh? :ehm:

[/quote]
To be fair, I think they usually go for the late blitz, so it's not random for them whatever the time may be.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1295379581' post='2581821']
[/quote]
Is there some unwritten rule somewhere that says that's what you're supposed to do? Is there a reason or an advantage to not planning on smashing your enemy other than ~honor~ or ~fairness?~ Like, you're supposed to plan to win, but only by so much? I really just don't get this line of thought. From my side it's more "Hey who wants to go with us?" and not "Oh man, we have twice their numbers, that'll be, like, so unfair! What will the OWF think?"

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1295380331' post='2581847']
Is there some unwritten rule somewhere that says that's what you're supposed to do? Is there a reason or an advantage to not planning on smashing your enemy other than ~honor~ or ~fairness?~ Like, you're supposed to plan to win, but only by so much? I really just don't get this line of thought. From my side it's more "Hey who wants to go with us?" and not "Oh man, we have twice their numbers, that'll be, like, so unfair! What will the OWF think?"
[/quote]

Obviously there is a difference between 'necessary force' and 'excessive force'.

I suppose that considering all the time VE spent scheming, planning, and fabricating CBs for this war, they want to milk every last drop out of it.

[quote name='Cao Pai' timestamp='1295380217' post='2581844']
[/quote]
OOC: For me it is. I can stay up better then getting up. + I have to be in my car to drive to work at 7ish.

[/quote]
I think most people would rather be awake late than have to force themselves out of bed to launch some wars. Well I know I would anyway.

I also love all the people whining about the war being a little lopsided. It's almost like the point of a war is to win, not to be as fair as possible to your enemies. :o

When you people play chess and take your opponent's queen, do you all immediatly stop using your own queen?

Edited by General Scipio

[/quote]
Yes. It is.

Seriously, are people that desperate to find a dig that they'll criticize the sleeping habits of another alliance?

[quote name='President Obama' timestamp='1295377815' post='2581763']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=31042&st=0
[/quote]

:o I thought for a sec you were all gonna join the roll :D

Then I saw the date :unsure:

Edited by Stewie