Just wondering something

Tarikmo

A few days ago, I had a 25 question test(multiple choice). I didn't study whatsoever, and I was really struggling. I had to guess on about 10 questions, when all of a sudden, I ran into number 23.

23. What is a Strategic Defense Initiative used for?

I just circled the answer with the word missile and moved on.
And with that, I passed the test with a low C.

Thanks Admin.

Has anyone else been helped out by Cybernations in real life, or saw something and immediately thought of CN/a player? (I have a feeling the answer to the question is obvious but...)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tarikmo' timestamp='1294526713' post='2568927']
A few days ago, I had a 25 question test(multiple choice). I didn't study whatsoever, and I was really struggling. I had to guess on about 10 questions, when all of a sudden, I ran into number 23.

23. What is a Strategic Defense Initiative used for?

I just circled the answer with the word missile and moved on.
And with that, I passed the test with a low C.

Thanks Admin.

Has anyone else been helped out by Cybernations in real life, [b]or saw something and immediately thought of CN/a player?[/b] (I have a feeling the answer to the question is obvious but...)
[/quote]

On that part yes, on a few occasions. Mainly car number plates reminding me of an alliance acronym.

I was often reminded of CN during history class when we talked about the Commonwealth of Sovereign Nations or NATO. The Soviet-German Non-Aggression Pact always reminded me of useless treaties.

There are also times when things pop up in conversation that a CN player once said online and it kind of makes me double take and wonder if the person I'm speaking to plays CN as well. However, going to a university with over 30000 people, I have yet to find anyone who also plays CN.

Also, any time I see something with Pacific, I think Pacifica (which is often since I live on the Pacific side of the US.)

[quote name='Sentinal' timestamp='1294527071' post='2568934']
I was often reminded of CN during history class when we talked about the Commonwealth of Sovereign Nations or NATO. The Soviet-German Non-Aggression Pact always reminded me of useless treaties.

There are also times when things pop up in conversation that a CN player once said online and it kind of makes me double take and wonder if the person I'm speaking to plays CN as well. However, going to a university with over 30000 people, I have yet to find anyone who also plays CN.

Also, any time I see something with Pacific, I think Pacifica (which is often since I live on the Pacific side of the US.)
[/quote]

I go to a smaller university and I can name 2 other players... one of which is actually allied to me and the other I formed an alliance with, granted I've never met them IRL...

Awhile back rsox made the remark that he had heard on TV the US was in DEFCON 3 or something and that he had muttered something about only needing DEFCON 1 or 5

Personally i see Invicta all the time because of [url=www.invictawatch.com/]Invicta Watches[/url] its on some billboard near here(yes, i do wonder if the watch sucks :P)

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1294529058' post='2568977']
Awhile back rsox made the remark that he had heard on TV the US was in DEFCON 3 or something and that he had muttered something about only needing DEFCON 1 or 5
[/quote]
Lol.

I have, I know it. I just can't think of any examples right now. :(

Coming originally from an alliance where most of us knew each other from another game, we actually, those of who still play, talk CN all the time. We have members scattered in several alliances and I often get asked if Cerdwyn (Avatar) and Cerridwyn (CN) are the same person, which they are.

I have also sat around a bar with people I played CN with (same group as above) and discussed both Digiterran and Terran life.

Next weekend, Randalla of AZN and I plan to sit around a coffee house in Southern California and I am sure we'll discuss CN (and Avatar).

But the thing I notice most are symbols. I notice crows and ravens, of course, but other things now and then that remind me of both people and places here.

One thing, I think, is that many young people, some very young, who have played CN have had a crash course in politics that is very different from that on a high school campus. While politics here is only a ghost of Terran politics, there are sharp reminders of diplomacy in every thing we do and in people talking out the other cheek. (Maybe they get a crash course in what honor doesn't mean too.)

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1294526894' post='2568932']
On that part yes, on a few occasions. Mainly car number plates reminding me of an alliance acronym.
[/quote]
Yeah, NPO and LUE are 2 that I remember distinctly.

[quote name='Tarikmo' timestamp='1294526713' post='2568927']

Has anyone else been helped out by Cybernations in real life, or saw something and immediately thought of CN/a player? (I have a feeling the answer to the question is obvious but...)
[/quote]

I was once filling out a job application where it asked if I had experience handling difficult people. I smiled, but I couldn't bring myself to cite CN.

[quote name='Sentinal' timestamp='1294527071' post='2568934']

[/quote]

Randomly found my own cousin playing CN this fall. He was ghosting UPN, think he's in CCC now.

Looking at planet bob and comparing it to the history out there does bring interesting things to mind.

E.g. when will those folks in Sparta and Athens realize they were conquered by the Roman Legions :)

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1294527501' post='2568943']
I go to a smaller university and I can name 2 other players... one of which is actually allied to me and the other I formed an alliance with, granted I've never met them IRL...
[/quote]

*waves to TheListener*

Hullo.

On another note, I seem to see alliance acronyms everywhere. Though Tarikmo, I am sincerely displeased by your lack of SDI knowledge. :(

[quote name='Facade' timestamp='1294534515' post='2569079']
*waves to TheListener*

Hullo.

On another note, I seem to see alliance acronyms everywhere. Though Tarikmo, I am sincerely displeased by your lack of SDI knowledge. :(
[/quote]
For what reason? Do you think I lead your war department or something?

One that really got me was a newspaper article all about how Spain has been doing since the end of Francoism. I don't really deal with politics, diplomacy or history much in my RL though so I don't think any CN information has ever been more than a point of interest. (I do see shades of CN in some of the more childish bits of international relations, though, like US-Iran or NATO-Russia, and the 'do something about it' attitude of states with powerful backers like Israel. CN might be only a superficial simulation of national politics but then again, so is real life sometimes.)

I must admit....I do spend very little time caring about the real world and a bit more time caring about this !@#$%^&*. To tell you the truth, I could really give a $%&@ less about the real world in general. The existence of this alternate reality doesn't cause me grief, simply because it is an alternate.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1294538058' post='2569123']
I must admit....I do spend very little time caring about the real world and a bit more time caring about this !@#$%^&*. To tell you the truth, I could really give a $%&@ less about the real world in general. The existence of this alternate reality doesn't cause me grief, simply because it is an alternate.
[/quote]
:blink:
I don't know what's weirder, what you just posted, or me agreeing with you.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1294533358' post='2569065']
Randomly found my own cousin playing CN this fall. He was ghosting UPN, think he's in CCC now.
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]Your cousin is bad at CyberNations.

I've never been helped by CN, but I'm reminded of it sometimes. [/font]