Hello Nod

Sir Keshav IV

Vaahrok feels that the United Winter Federation think before they send any future diplomatic communication to the world. The near total destruction of an entire nation on the actions of rebellious elements is brash, unethical, and on a criminal scale of untold proportion. Did a single one of those nukes bring the rouge submarines down? Did a single one kill a single person actively responsible in their launch? Or did they simply cause annihilation to the city those rouges last touched.

Perhaps if we hold the United Winter Federation to its own form of justice, and remember to deal harsh punishment if but a single citizen of their nation strays. Something we feel might be close at hand if recent communications are to be believed.

As for the rest of the world criticizing Antarctica over one nation, we remind them that many nations exist on the frozen continent. Do not blame ice and snow for the folly of one government.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nation of Nod is only as guilty as every other country with an atomic arsenal
‘Defensive’ nuclear strategy is intentionally retaliatory by design
Nuclear deterrent requires the threat of nuclear response
Ceding that threat destroys what makes nuclear deterrent work
M.A.D. is madness; such is the folly of nuclear weapons
Doctrines of mutually assured destruction assure mutual destruction
Nod merely employed retaliatory weapons for retaliation
Everyone with nuclear missiles, Monaco included, knows what risks come with playing the nuclear game
[center][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x251/CyberNationsStuff/Tropico2.gif[/img][/center][center]From the office of Catalina Martinez, interim Procinctian administrator[/center]

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1294456322' post='2568035']
[center][u][b]MESSAGE FROM KINGDOM OF COCHIN[/b][/u][/center]

The Kingdom of Cochin condemns the nuclear attacks by the rogue submarines of Monaco. Though more justifiable we also condemn the retaliatory nuclear strike by Nation of Nod against Monaco, as it was an unmeasured and irresponsible response. Starting a larger war in retaliation to Nodic strike on Monaco would be an even greater folly in our opinion. While the nuclear fires are raging across our planet the onus should now be not on waging intercontinental war but to find the culprits who are really responsible.

Monaco can never shrug off its guilt for the submarines that went rogue, nor the attacks they committed. Does the fact of Monaco being obliterated by a nuclear weapon erase the guilt of that crime? Similarly though Nod itself was attacked by nuclear weapons in an unprovoked manner, its retaliation was too disproportionate. The terms offered by Monaco and its allies are unreasonable and an attempt at shifting the guilt for the crimes against HAE, Korea, J Andres and England upon Nod.

The Kingdom of Cochin urges the world nations to desist declaring ultimatums and think with cooler heads. Nod is responsible for the destruction of Monaco, thus it must aid in its rebuilding. Monaco is indeed guilty of becoming criminally irresponsible which led to the deaths of far greater number of people all over the world than what it itself has lost. Monaco must ensure it does not happen again and make amends to all affected parties.

We hope that wiser counsels in Athenian Federation and New Cadia would prevail upon their allies to ensure that this tragedy does not assume global proportions.

Our aim should be to detect and destroy the rogue submarines, not to wage unconditional intercontinental wars.

- HH King of Cochin,
Kingdom of Cochin.
[/quote]

The Athenian Federation understands and respects your point of view. It is not the purpose of this coalition to cause destruction of the Nation of Nod, evidence of this can be found in the fact that we are not retalliating with nuclear force. Our goals are to bring justice to those responsible for the nuclear attacks. Not kill the citizens. Furthermore it is our goal to prevent such a retalliatory strike in the future so our children can walk freely over the streets too.

While it may seem these terms are there to move guilt from Monaco to Nod, they are in fact not. The term that Nod take over 10% of the debts is there because the retalliatory strikes made it impossible for Monaco to pay themselves. The term that they recognize the attacks as rogue ones is because that simply is the truth as recognized by the global community at large. Finally the term that Nod pay for the reconstruction of Monaco is there because Nod is responsible for the damages to Monaco and just like Monaco did should face repairs for their actions.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1294426828' post='2567492']
[center][quote][b]Joint Declaration from Monaco, the Athenian Federation, the Kingdom of Ireland and New Cadia[/b]
Nuclear Weapons, they are the fear of any human being, in the past we have been able to restrain use of them, butfor years these restraints have faded.

While we can understand the motivations of the Nation of Nod we can not stand for the deaths of innocent citizens. The victims of the Nodic attacks on Monaco were not involved in the rogue nuclear strikes against Nod, nor was the leadership of Monaco.

As such we have no choice but to recognize the nuclear attacks by Nod as a declaration of war upon the Principality of Monaco. As such the Kingdom of Ireland and the Athenian Federation will recognize their obligations under their respective treaties with the Principality of Monaco and declare war upon the Nation of Nod. Likewise New Cadia will activate its MDoAP with the Athenian Federation and join the conflict.

Before military operations will begin, however, we give Nod one last chance to avoid further bloodshed. Nod must assist in rebuilding Monaco and taking over 10% of the repairs Monaco owes to England and the Holy American Empire, finally the Nation of Nod will recognize the strikes against them as rogue strikes and not an attack by Monaco.

We urge you to comply lest more blood of the innocents is spilled.[/quote]
[/center][/quote]

Burst Transmission From Interim Militant Headquarters, *CLASSIFIED: Adahunat Airbase, Decentralized Command*

[code]

In light of recent events, we will issue a revised ultimatum to Monaco - a generous gesture, as several of our terms have already been broken.

Monaco will dismantle its military at once, and shall not build more nuclear weapons in the near future.

Monaco will cease military action against the nations of Nod, the HAE, J Andres, England and Korea.

Monaco will dissolve the government that allowed this grave injustice to occur in the first place.

Monaco will give power to a new government of its choosing, but must yield to periodical inspections by international observers on both a civilian, government

and military capacity.

Failure to comply with these edicts will force this war to continue.

We await your intentions.[/code]

[u][b][url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=65298&view=findpost&p=2437935"]1st Fleet of the Aviatrix: Leucosia[/url] Minimum Political Safe-Distance from the Straight of Gibraltar[/b][/u]

The pilots of the two FN-23 Blackwidows on the catapults pushed the throttles of their engines to full military power at the same time. Starboard, on the carrier's command superstructure, two silent observers clasped their hands together as the roar of four mighty engines at full power became an unendurable, soul-numbing crescendo.

"They won't survive. We were acting like fools they will say... we were brash, emotional," a throaty aged voice said as the first pair of aircraft departed from the CVN-00 'Paragon'. Soon after another pair, this time farther apart from either side of the oddly shaped carrier's port and starboard STOL launchers followed.

"Sister? Are you in danger of becoming an old woman?" a younger voice replied, resulting in a scoff from the former. Saying nothing, the two simply watched their brethren fly into the night. It was only after a total of 12 FN-23 Air Superiority Crafts, 24 AN-1 Krieg Fast Close Air Support Craft and 18 F/AN-37 Strike Fighters departed that the elder turned to her companion.

"How long until [u][b]Exterminatrix Fleet Morgen[/b][/u] fires it's main salvo?" an air of impatience surrounding her voice.

"BBGN-06 'Calamity' has fired thirty and four [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raduga_Kh-55"]Serenader[/url] Strategic Long-Range Munition Model 7 weapons, as per the directive. They are on course, TERCOM navigation places them at +5m sealevel, speed mach zero-point-niner. They shall enter the Strait alongside our aircraft in ten minutes."

"Excellent, order the rest of our aircraft up, direct them to approach at attack speeds towards the Bay of Biscay. Normal approach vectors and altitudes."

"Yes mistress."

The two turned to hold a salute to the departing aircraft as they neared the Strait, not breaking it until they were out of sight.

[u][b]Entering the Strait of Gibraltar[/b][/u]

[b]
"First waypoint traversed, decelerate to mach zero-point-seven,"[/b] the lead pilot ordered, slapping the gear handle of her AN-1 Krieg FCAS with her left hand. She allowed the nose to drop a few degrees to bleed both speed and altitude and held it there as she trimmed and her craft decelerated. At mach zero-eight she raised the flap handle. With flaps up, she leveled her craft at +25m sealevel - much, much below the gray overcast sky.

[b]"Trajectory good, 28 seconds to ordinance rendezvous-"[/b] she quickly added, noting the first of a large cluster of large cruise missiles approaching from the south west. The missiles were low, possibly less than two dozen meters beneath her and her Sisters' squadrons. The two groups would enter and pass the Strait together, to the North East.

Now she glanced back and left. Her wingman was three dozen meters away from wing to wing, in a tight formation. Clarissa eased the throttles aft a percent or two to give the other pilot a power advantage, then scanned her instruments. EGT, RPM, fuel flow, oil pressure, hydraulics, all clear - no warning. Electronic Counter-Measures (ECM) picked up the usual civilian and air search radar chatter from neutral Rebel Army- so far, so good.

"You alright back there?" she asked, pushing aside her comm-piece to her weapons Officer seated behind her.

"Sure CAG."

[b]<<This is Angel One, confirming weapons loaded and ready to fire.>>[/b] a voice messaged her from a cluster of other AN-1's further back. Radio emissions were strictly limited to the most essential communiques, owing to the need for complete secrecy. But the strait was a busy location, and any indications of their presence would be garbled by traffic. The radar altimeter and TACtical CONtrol had not been turned on. Radars from all aircraft not transmitting.
[b]
<<Bravo Two, confirming operational class D weapons.>>

<<Charlie Three, ready.>>

<<Delta Fower, online.>>[/b]

[b]"Second waypoint traversed. We're about to deal a significant blow to those that threaten Nod. Doom to all who threaten the homeland... passing layer of turbulence... Air wing and Ordinance harmony achieved... careful ladies and gents, we're flying above the stove now."

[/b]The low flying aircraft and cruise missiles were playing a deadly game, flying in such close proximity to each other as they flew together, into the Strait, carefully avoiding Rebel Army airspace by flying on international routes deemed neutral... if not horrendously lower than allowed.

[b]"May fortune smile upon us."[/b]

"At least for now," her co-pilot chimed in, off the mic.
[b]
<<For Nod.>>

<<For Nod.>>

"For Nod."

<<For Nod.>>[/b]

[u][b]100 miles North of Fleet Leucosia[/b][/u]

Back aboard the fleet from whence the stealthy assailants came, CVN-00 and CVN-01 set their heading north, launching all remaining strike craft towards France's Bay. They were currently South-South West of Portugal, due west from the aviation they secretively launched into the Strait. Aboard both carriers, and their minders, total electronic silence was also being observed. No radars swept the skies, no other signals being broadcast. Yet down in the Combat Information Centers (CICs) aboard every ship, the women sat and listened for electronic signals of the enemy.

Coalition aircraft were aloft this fateful day - the women under the Militant Naval Command (MNC) were sure of it. They would be searching for [u][b]Leucosia[/b][/u] and [u][b]Morgen[/b][/u] as these battlefleets were the only Nodic vessels anywhere near striking distance of Monaco and her defenders- the North Atlantic. Other battlefleets were in the south western Indian ocean near port Lamu, rounding the Cape of Good Hope near Nodic antarctic holdings or submersed beneath the seas.

Leucosia and Morgen were lucky, they had yet to find any indication that they had been detected in the millions of square miles of ocean. Even with their electronic silence and advanced RCS hull designs, however, this gift would not last forever.

But this did not mean that the fleets had given up the chase- the 'Nodettes' as they were oft derisively named, were making the search as difficult as possible. Sailing under a thick frontal system, the fleets would attempt to dash from squall to squall; the rain helping to mask the ships' radar signature from enemy satellites.

Part of the problem was that the fleets were not where they were supposed to be- the main shipping lane connecting South America to the Strait of Gibraltar. They had traveled almost two hundred-and-fifty miles south of it. The enemy would still be looking, searching the huge, empty ocean for a silent needle that moved erratically and relentlessly. But they could not hide forever, opting to go out in a blaze of glory, it seemed, as they had begun to launch strike craft - this time without provisions to hide - north bound, seeking enemy shipping from Ireland and France to destroy in the North Atlantic.

OOC: I have two fleets near gibraltar. Launching a portion of craft from its Air Wing discreetly, a small force has entered the strait and is currently mingling with long ranged terrain hugging subsonic cruise missiles at low speeds and lower altitude. This cluster SHOULD be unnoticeable to coalition forces, or at the very least, seem like a simple cruise missile barrage. It is not violating RA airspace, and is headed North East towards Monaco/France/Cadia. Keep note, however, that they have just passed the Strait and are just about reaching Palma.

12 FN-23 Air Superiority Crafts
24 AN-1 Krieg Fast Close Air Support Craft
18 F/AN-37 Strike Fighters

34 Kh-55 esque missiles (in terms of range and payload, assume rudimentary forms of stealth, but really they'd rely on their low altitude for safety)

Meanwhile, the fleets have headed north, launching the rest of their aircraft and are currently spoiling for a fight against shipping headed to reinforce Monaco militarily, specifically vessels of Ireland, Monaco, Cadia or Athenia, assume this to be west of Portugal.

18 FN-23 Air Superiority Crafts
0 AN-1 Krieg Fast Close Air Support Craft
24 F/AN-37 Strike Fighters
12 F-12 Tarantula Sky Sweeper (assume them to be lingering near the ships themselves, the strike craft will be out perhaps 100 km from the Nodic fleets)

[b]SIC[/b]

While Rebel Army would not pick up the Nodic aircraft on radar, they would however, notice something blazing through the straits, as in order to be out of radar range, the aircraft would have to fly low enough to be visible. As soon as RA troops realized something had passed through, they gave warning to Athens that something was on the way... However, by the time the messaged reached the Athenians, it would likely be too late.

[b]Classified[/b]

[u]Balearic Islands:[/u]

The 1st Balearic Guard Division were fully mobilized (10,000 troops) along with an added irregular detachment of approximately 25,000 provided from the [i]Adeptus Arbites[/i] in case of emergency. Counter-missile, aircraft, and ship emplacements were set up in critical locations amongst the various islands contained within the Balearics. The bulk of New Cadian Navy (1 cruiser, 1 frigate, 1 destroyer, 4 submarines) was already centralized around the Balearic Islands. Each submarine was given additive phosphate-dispersant mechanisms to increase the biodensity of the already P-limited plankton in the Mediterranean Sea to create a SONAR-disruptive layer. Makeshift flak would account for a bulk of the coastal CIWS anti-missile systems, along with SAM sites left over from the Athenian Federation.

[u]Sardinia & Corsica:[/u]

The remainder of the New Cadian Fleet (1 frigate, 1 battleship, 2 submarines) would lie here. Same measures as the Balearic Islands would be taken, along with mobilizing the 1st Sardinian Guard Division and the 1st Corsican Guard Division. An additional 56,000 irregulars would be available from the [i]Adeptus Arbites[/i].

[u]Sicily:[/u]

Same measures would be taken as above. 31,000 are available via the [i]Adeptus Arbites[/i].

[u]ALL ISLANDS:[/u]

Citizens are to be remain in their shelters and basements until further notice. Early progression of the [i]Centurio Ordinatus[/i] would yield several experimental weapons of a classified nature. Antiaircraft Weapon Systems (AWS) are to be deployed across the country. Remaining EMP and nuclear devices (2) from the Athenian Federation, confiscated by the [i]Adeptus Arbites[/i] and [i]The Inquisition[/i], would also be made ready for missile launch capabilities. Five warheads would also be equipped with a new experimental Sarin Nerve Gas agent.

[b]Mil.[/b]

--Palma
--NCHQ

[i]"Sir, outpost one has detected approximately 90 flying objects around Palma. It has been determined that they are not friendly craft, are low-altitude, and are cruising at subsonic speeds approximately Mach 0.7,"[/i] a technician called out as he rushed a paper transcript over to a dressed officer across the room.

[i]"Aye, they are most certainly not friendlies. Where was their point of origin?"[/i] the officer calmly replied.

[i]"They appeared on the pulse doppler radar and phased array systems originating southwest from Gibraltar."[/i]

[i]"Is it possible they are RA aircraft?"[/i]

[i]"Most likely not; there would be no need for their aircraft to be so encroaching on our airspace without warning. Likewise these aircraft may have not been picked up by radar-patrolling systems. As said in the report, they are low-altitude after all."[/i]

[i]"Indeed,"[/i] the uniformed man responded as he walked over to a red telephone. Picking it up, it immediately connected him to the central command headquarters in Cagliari. [i]"Ninety unidentified objects have appeared on the Balearic RADAR systems with cruising speeds of Mach 0.7, low-altitude flight, and are most certainly not friendly aircraft. Permission to engage targets immediately is requested."[/i]

A few moments passed by as the voice over the phone hushed. Nodding in seeming approval, Commander Yarrick hung up the phone and shouted, [i]"Alert all manned outposts. Permission to engage these objects have been confirmed. Have all phased array and pulse doppler stations patch all by-the-second updates to this command station. Alert the Palma Airbase and order them to scramble all fighters. Alert the Navy and get our ships into their sheltered yard compartments. Sound aerial defense alarms and prepare all major cities for Situation D. And Captain Allis, relay this information immediately to the Athenian Federation, Monaco, and France. The situation is about to go hot."[/i]

[hr]

--Outpost One
--Palma

[i]"Alright men, we have permission to engage. Lock on to the provided coordinates and prepare GPS-modification sequences if need be. With a maximum range of 7 km, they'd be able to reach a counter-trajectory collision point with relative ease as the Starstreak missiles would reach approximately 3.5 Mach at the point of collision. These babies also won't falter to counter-infrared, counter-radar, and counter-radio measures. On my mark, launch the entire payload in 3... 2... 1... ENGAGE!"[/i]

The operators flipped the plastic coverings of the launch module and pressed a neon green button. Instantly one hundred Starstreak missiles emerged from the Palma Missile Triad (three major locations around Palma) and jettisoned toward the location of the eighty-eight unidentified aircraft, unknowing that they were, in fact, Nodic fighters and missiles.

[i]"Initiate Tact Two!"[/i]

In an instant sheets of flak began firing at the up-to-date locations of the Nodic aircraft, hoping that one lucky bullet would graze [i]something[/i]. Not considered to be very effective, it was truly the only real counter-measure in the Balearic arsenal other than its SAM armament, and with the objects flying at such a low altitude, perhaps luck would, indeed, bring some success.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

[b]The Homefront - Conversation private[/b]

Throughout the Federation forces were ready for whatever would head their way, they had been trained for this and like in the previous war, the country was united again. The message from Rebel Army came as no surprise, a trick by Nod was expected and General Rackow wasn't new to war.

The Central Command Center in southern Italy provided a nice view of the battlefield, satellites provided clear images for most of the Mediterranean and Africa, the operators would just have to change views to different feeds. However for all their technology on the battlefield it wasn't easy, the hostiles had managed to avoid most detection methods and it scared the hell out of the inexperienced.

"General no sign of hostiles yet"

"They're out there somewhere, send a warning to our allies that they are in the neighborhood. Put all available fighters in the air and get me feeds from Genesis Airspace*."

"General we are getting another message, it's the Cadians. They are reporting they have found 90 aircraft flying at a low speed and low altitude at Palma."

Rackow laughed "Those silly people, 90 aircraft against the forces of justice? Launch the Rapid Response Force, let them head towards the last known location. Get our systems linked to New Cadia"

Within half an hour the 15 Squadrons were in the air, coming from different Air bases throughout Italy they would meet up to become a respectable force. Using their own phased-array radar and linking their individual aircraft to others and the Federal RADAR network they would have a relatively clear picture. To avoid being detected simply by being close to each other and to limit effects of one plane being shot down the force would spread out, doing so they covered a large area but were mostly invisible. In regards to height the planes flew as low as possible however they would not compromise themselves until hostiles were detected.

At the same time satellites would look for the source around Gibraltar however considering weather conditions and the numerous ships in the area they would not be able to find it for now.

[b]Genesis Command Center(Somewhere in Bulgaria) - Classified of course[/b]

Genesis had been buzzing with activity ever since the first nukes launched however now were the times that it would all get tough. Genesis too had moved to Alpha Alert and knew what kind of consequences this level had. General Cortez was a veteran, working under the New Palma Republic and transferring to Genesis after the merge he had been around strategic weapons for most of his career. Never before however had he been ordered to do this.

Late at night a message came in on emergency channels from the Office of the Empress of the Eastern Athenian Federation with permission of the Western one. The message simply said, 'Emergency Procedure 2 - Authentication code 24AJ9076KI'.

After receiving the code he entered it into a computer which opened a vault next to it. Inside would be Emergency Procedure 2.

[quote][center][b]Emergency Procedure 2[/b][/center]

By order of the people of the Athenian Federation.

You are hereby ordered to take the Nuclear Launch systems to a standby state. Should contact with command structures above Genesis Central Command be lost for more than 10 minutes you are to launch all available Nuclear weapons at hostile cities and military targets.

As of now Genesis Central Command and all lower bases will be put under lockdown. [/quote]

The old man sighed, they wouldn't have ordered this if they weren't afraid for a nuclear strike that could knock down the command structure. However orders were orders, and the preparations would be made. Soon 25 Nodic targets were in the computer however nothing indicating a preparation to launch would be done yet.

---

Finally, the Second Fleet would remain in Cam Ranh Bay for now

OOC:
The Rapid Response Force consists of
96 F-65 Vanguards
84 F/A-47 Sino Fighters

Edited by Centurius

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1294604451' post='2569971']
[i]"They appeared on the pulse doppler radar and phased array systems originating southwest from Gibraltar."[/i]

[i]"Ninety unidentified objects have appeared on the Balearic RADAR systems with cruising speeds of Mach 0.7, low-altitude flight, and are most certainly not friendly aircraft. Permission to engage targets immediately is requested."[/i]

A few moments passed by as the voice over the phone hushed. Nodding in seeming approval, Commander Yarrick hung up the phone and shouted, [i]"Alert all manned outposts. Permission to engage these objects have been confirmed. Have all phased array and pulse doppler stations patch all by-the-second updates to this command station. Alert the Palma Airbase and order them to scramble all fighters. Alert the Navy and get our ships into their sheltered yard compartments. Sound aerial defense alarms and prepare all major cities for Situation D. And Captain Allis, relay this information immediately to the Athenian Federation, Monaco, and France. The situation is about to go hot."[/i]

[hr]

--Outpost One
--Palma

[i]"Alright men, we have permission to engage. Lock on to the provided coordinates and prepare GPS-modification sequences if need be. With a maximum range of 7 km, they'd be able to reach a counter-trajectory collision point with relative ease as the Starstreak missiles would reach approximately 3.5 Mach at the point of collision. These babies also won't falter to counter-infrared, counter-radar, and counter-radio measures. [/i]

Instantly one hundred Starstreak missiles emerged from the Palma Missile Triad (three major locations around Palma) and jettisoned toward the location of the eighty-eight unidentified aircraft, unknowing that they were, in fact, Nodic fighters and missiles.

[/quote]

OOC: How are you engaging my aircraft with missiles with maximum ranges of 7 km? Did you assume my aircraft were flying OVER Palma? Very well, from now on, everyone assume my cluster of aviation is currently within 7km of Pollenca, northside within the Balearic sea.

Mentioning Starstreak and the fact that they won't be fooled by [i]counter-infrared, counter-radar, and counter-radio measures [/i]leads me to assume they are SACLOS laser beam riders, please correct me if I am wrong. Since you've mentioned that you're tracking and updating the Nodic positions via phased radar, can I assume that the radar is also acting as the designators for the SACLOS system?

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1294615057' post='2570304']
OOC:
The Rapid Response Force consists of
96 F-65 Vanguards
84 F/A-47 Sino Fighters
[/quote]

OOC: Where are they?

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1294632764' post='2570713']
OOC: How are you engaging my aircraft with missiles with maximum ranges of 7 km? Did you assume my aircraft were flying OVER Palma? Very well, from now on, everyone assume my cluster of aviation is currently within 7km of Pollenca, northside within the Balearic sea.[/quote]

OOC: Cent said you were on the Balearic Islands. :v: Your post said you were approaching Palma, which is central to the Balearics (unless you were giving a super-relative point?). If they were outside by 7 km, just say so and I'll edit accordingly. :v:

[quote]Mentioning Starstreak and the fact that they won't be fooled by [i]counter-infrared, counter-radar, and counter-radio measures [/i]leads me to [b]assume they are SACLOS laser beam riders,[/b] please correct me if I am wrong.[/quote]

That is correct.

[quote]Since you've mentioned that you're tracking and updating the Nodic positions via phased radar, can I assume that the radar is also acting as the designators for the SACLOS system?[/quote]

For relative positioning, yes. They are guided via sight, however (once more if your cluster wasn't actually around Palma, let me know so I can edit my post).

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1294639310' post='2570830']
OOC: Cent said you were on the Balearic Islands. :v: Your post said you were approaching Palma, which is central to the Balearics (unless you were giving a super-relative point?). If they were outside by 7 km, just say so and I'll edit accordingly. :v:

That is correct.

For relative positioning, yes. They are guided via sight, however (once more if your cluster wasn't actually around Palma, let me know so I can edit my post).
[/quote]

OOC: Eh, i'd rather you not edit your post, it could add to confusion. Confirm or deny that my aviation is near Pollenca?

EDIT: OOC tags

Edited by Executive Minister

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1294632764' post='2570713']
OOC: Where are they?
[/quote]

OOC: Currently south of Monaco heading at high speed towards the Balearic Islands, spread out quite heavily.

Edited by Centurius

[u][b]Somewhere in Sidamo Province: Southern Nod[/b][/u]

"Jericho's sleeper cell was able to extract vital intelligence from the Nodic battlenet during their recent purge and reclamation of surviving data clusters located in the remainder of Addis Ababa's Undercity. It seems the Nodic Militancy's control has fallen under the command of General [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=68937&view=findpost&p=1868982"]Jagdfel[/url]. He is overseeing the decentralized operations of several subordinate commanders scattered throughout Nodic holdings, and is actively involved in independent pre-emptive attacks against Coalition Forces. This is an extremely grave situation. Time is against us," a harsh female voice said.
[b]
<<The combined coalition of France, Monaco, Cadia, Ireland and Athens will defeat the Nodic Militancy within 37 standard days. Secondary calculations show there is a 72.986 percent chance the Nodic Militancy will fire the remainer of its nuclear arsenal before they fall to the Coalition. Either outcome signals the closure of the window of opportunity for an independent and autonomous Sidamo Province.>>[/b] a metallic voice responded.

"It is a pleasant surprise you mention 'Opportunity', EVA," the woman replied, "Opportunities are a tricky crop, with tiny flowers that are difficult to see and even more difficult to harvest. I am gladdened that you have been equipped to realize such delicate concepts."

"The situation will quickly spiral out of control- already Admiral Cocburn has begun to attack coalition forces in the Atlantic and Mediterranean," another voice, male this time interjected. "Abandoning Addis Ababa spent precious resources, and now a new situation must be dealt with. We must deploy the virus if we are to have any chance of saving Sidamo province - and the concept of the East African Commonwealth - before it is too late. EVA, brief the Commander on its properties."
[b]
<<The Virus is designed to overload the Nodic Battlenet, rendering it useless. Without the network, Nodic Commanders and independent units will be unable to launch long-range indescriminate attacks in cohesion. They will be unable to engage the Coalition on its own terms - that which General Jagdfel sees as a place of optimal performance for his forces. Nodic forces will be isolated, and will be able to inflict damage upon the Coalition in a severely diminished capacity. The Virus is self terminating, and does not inflict any harm upon Nodic hardware itself, leaving them with their sense of military security, while recognizing that they cannot hope to win the war. Optimally, the Coalition will accept this diminished threat and be open to talks with the Nodic command structure, dialogue our faction can initiate.>>

[/b]"And sub-optimally, EVA?"[b]

<<The Nodic forces are able to combat the Virus effectively, simultaneously protecting their battlenet from any further intrusions. In all likelihood, they will turn on us. Alternatively, the Virus may be effectively deployed, but the coalition unyielding in its attacks on the Nodic populace. I predict a long, drawn out insurgency and overt rejection of defeat by the remnants of the Nodic civilization, which will signal its effective demise.>>

[/b]

[b] Private [/b]

[i] Monaco [/i]

DEFCON was moved to up to one, the Principality Defense Force was mobilized a 100%. Three Hundred Thousand troops were mobilized in Marseilles and Toulon while a hundred and ninety thousand were mobilized in New Monaco and kept on high alert. The troops keeping control over the Spanish protectorate were also mobilized in case Nod decided to attack the protectorate.

The submarines were ordered to go submerged. [color=#5D5D5D][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"][i]Battlegroup Méditerranée [/i] [/font][font="Arial"]and the [/font][/color][color=#5D5D5D][i]Battlegroup Ligure [/i][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"] [/font][font="Arial"]were ordered to get ready for a possible assault on Marseilles and Toulon and in case Athens or New Cadia needed any help. ( OOC: Situated at Marseilles and Toulon ) [/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font="Arial"]
[/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font="Arial"]The Strategic Defense wing of the Monaco Armed Forces were put on high alert after it failed to destroy the lone nuclear weapon that destroyed Monte Carlo. [/font][/color]
[/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font="Arial"]The Nuclear Weapons of Monaco were put on standby. If Nod launched another missile, Monaco were ready to launch twenty more.[/font][/color]
[/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font="Arial"]The 12th Squadron were ordered into the air ( AWACS ) to detect any enemy air craft coming towards Marseilles [/font][/color]
[/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font="Arial"]The civilian population were moved into temporary air raid shelters as there was a high probability Nod would target Marseilles and Toulon.[/font][/color]
[/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font="Arial"][i] New Monaco [/i][/font][/color]
[/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font="Arial"][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][i]Battlegroup Caraïbes and [/i][/font][/font][/color][color=#5D5D5D][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"][i]Battlegroup Atlantique [/i][/font][font="Arial"][i] [/i]were on high alert after reports of possible attacks on New Monaco. The Air Defense Network which was recently installed in New Monaco had finally gotten online and the 21st Squadron ( AWACS ) were ordered into the air to detect any enemy air craft towards New Monaco. [/font][/color]
[/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font="Arial"]One hundred and ninety thousand soldiers were mobilized while a part of the civilian population went into temporary air raid shelters that were being built all around the islands. [/font][/color]
[/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font="Arial"]The government hoped New Monaco would at least be saved from any action. [/font][/color]
[/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font="Arial"]OOC: The New Monaco battlegroups are located in Bermuda and Turks and and Caicos Islands. 15 Submarines in each battle group, three air craft carries in New Monaco while 2 in Marseilles and one in Toulon. The AWACS air craft are similar to Boeing E-3 Sentries. I believe I will go into detail over my AADN tomorrow / day after so you get an exact picture of my defenses :P [/font][/color]

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1294604451' post='2569971']
The operators flipped the plastic coverings of the launch module and pressed a neon green button. Instantly one hundred Starstreak missiles emerged from the Palma Missile Triad (three major locations around Palma) and jettisoned toward the location of the eighty-eight unidentified aircraft, unknowing that they were, in fact, Nodic fighters and missiles.

[i]"Initiate Tact Two!"[/i]

In an instant sheets of flak began firing at the up-to-date locations of the Nodic aircraft, hoping that one lucky bullet would graze [i]something[/i]. Not considered to be very effective, it was truly the only real counter-measure in the Balearic arsenal other than its SAM armament, and with the objects flying at such a low altitude, perhaps luck would, indeed, bring some success.
[/quote]

[b][u]Three Kilometers North of Pollenca, Palma Main Island in the Balearic Sea[/u]

[/b]Clarissa sighed as she gazed out of the starboard side of her canopy. They had already penetrated Palma's territorial waters, when aircraft closest to the isle soon heard that baleful tone.

[b]"ECM detects an active radar signal is currently strobing our position. Operation Break the World has been spotted. I repeat, Operation Break the World has been spotted."[/b]

Quickly turning a lever, Clarissa eased up slightly, retracting her flaps. Turning back to the Officer seated behind her, she quickly queried, "Can you get a fix on the transmission source?"

Furious key stroking was heard, as the sound of her co-pilot's Integrated Weapons and Communication Terminal (IWCT) was lowered into position on her lap. "Give me a moment," she began.
[b]
<<Err... this is Angel One,>>[/b] Clarissa suddenly heard over the localized Battle net the aircraft of Operation BtW had created between themselves, [b]<<LWR detects activity originating from the Islands - I repeat, Laser Warning Reciever has gone active.>>[/b]

[b]"They are using our close proximity to the islands against us... most likely relying on their active radar to pin point our location![/b]" Clarissa's copilot piped up in the conversation. [b]"If you'll just give me a moment to jam their signal-"

"No time,"[/b] Clarissa stated simply, overriding the tone of alarm that was creeping into her copilot's voice. [b]"We have inbound projectiles closing at mach three-point-four. Phase One of our attack must commence now, everyone ignore the fourth waypoint and commence hostile event procedures at once,"[/b] she said, slapping her gear handle and shifting the throttles towards the fore. She quickly scanned her instruments as her aircraft's engine's shifted to full military power.

[b]<<Agreed,>>[/b] she heard Angel One pipe. [b]<<My daughter's tombstone must fall! This Operation must come to pass if the lives lost are to have any meaning today!!>>[/b]

As the skies around her began to tear apart, the result of 24 Krieg FCAS aircraft shifting to speeds past mach 3.0, Clarissa said nothing, simply deigning to attach her sound muffling headset firmly over her ears. As she changed her heading towards the expedited final waypoint within the Balearic operation and radically shifed her altitude upwards she heard it.

"Confirming rough locations of several transmission sources on the Balearic Main island. I'm uploading them to the battle net now."

[b]"Roger, Strikes 1 through 4, fire your SIR-74ACs at the inbound projectiles, set them to thermal bloom seeking. Havens 1 through 3, launch your Assistants and move out over the island. You are clear to drop your payloads prematurely to engage the enemy radars."[/b]

[b]<<Commencing Operation, we are go>>[/b]

[b]"It was a pleasure to have served with you. We will... 'rendezvous' with you shortly."[/b]

12 F/AN-37s quickly broke formation, heading directly towards Palma at their low altitude of sea level +5m. They fired a total of 48 SEAD-MAs, or Suppression of Enemy Air Defense Miniature Assistants over the horizon. These SEAD-MAs utilized their Multi-Spectrum Signature Augmentation Subsystems (M-SSAS) to mimic simulated F/AN-37s as they accelerated to mach 2.5 and rose to normal combat altitudes of the strike aircraft they were to act like.

To an electronic observer, the SEAD-MAs would register as a large flight of previously undetected aircraft that emitted powerful radar signatures of fifth generation strike aircraft as they rose to drop weapons that they didn't actually have. Using the midcourse updates sent to them from the weapons Officers aboard the fleeing AN-1s, the SEAD-MAs would fill the skies and perform fly-bys on Palman cities and airfields in an attempt to attract as much Coalition attention as possible. To further compound the illusion, the drones would use their midcourse booster stages to modulate the speed and thrust of their 'engines' as if the drones were Nodic pilots frantically engaged in air combat operations. They would also drop chaff and flares in an attempt to bring the majority of the Cadian air defense assets to bear against them wastefully.

Their hosts would then engage the nearest Cadian air defense sites with guided bombs and cluster munitions, with the most firepower being brought to bear against the air search and track radars the weapons would use to fire on Nodic aircraft. They should be relatively 'safe' from surface launched guided missiles, however the primitive flak batteries of the Cadians would show some merit against these real attackers due to their low altitudes.

Meanwhile, all twelve FN-23's launched their SIR-74ACs. These short range multi-seeker variants of the SIR-73 would seek the large infrared signatures of the oncoming Starstreaks, and would utilize their high tolerance for G forces to engage them- using violent midcourse maneuvers to ensure a clean interception. The FN-23s would not need to break formation in this counter attack, utilizing uploads from the F/AN-37s for a rough location for their weapons to converge upon. Forty eight missiles would be fired from the cluster of Nodic aviation towards the inbound missiles using their active thermal seekers, while their hosts and the rest of the Nodic Operation headed towards Marseilles and Toulon.

"Janet, get a word in to Admiral Cocburn," Clarissa ordered her weapons and communications Officer, "I want additional fire support to target Cadian staging facilities in the Mediterranean on Palma. That should further hamper the Coalition's ability to move power in this region."

"Yeah, CAG."

Clarissa was about to bark more orders to the remainder of her Wing before the reports Starstreaks impacting their targets were heard throughout the Battle net. Some had been intercepted successfully, that was certain, as Clarissa quickly shot a look starboard towards the battle over Palma and saw explosions in the skies. The F/AN-37s were already dancing the deadly ballet of combat as they swerved and darted about. Quickly scanning the flight roster of her Operation as she continued her ascent, the waypoint mere meters from her position, she could see that she had already lost 25% of her combat aircraft to the missiles - and that was only the first salvo out of hundreds the Cadians had in store on Palma. All of the Serenaders were also destroyed below them, sending fragments astray.

[b]<<This is Joker, the Cognac has been poured, I repeat, the Cognac has been poured.>>[/b]

Looking in the now fading distance, Clarissa saw streaks of fire ignite along the island's coast. Watching Joker quickly break off from his trajectory above the napalm deployment, his nose pointed skywards, she winced as she saw a streak rocket from the surface and impact his canopy. Scanning her logs of his flight profile, he had apparently located a small mobile AA battery amongst hangars with unknown contents. Yet she could already tell that his strike was having other consequences on the Cadians, for smears of black smoke was soon seen billowing from nearby highrises.

"Damn it Janet! Tell me we have obtained maximum operation range for these Class D's!!"

Hesitantly, the Officer replied.

"Uhh... yes Mistress. We are roughly four hundred kilometers from both Marseilles and Toulon."

[u][b]1st Fleet of the Aviatrix: Leucosia, Due West of Portugal[/b][/u]

Hours had passed after the launch of Operation Break the World, but still, the Nodic fleets had not been engaged in the Atlantic!

"At this rate, we shall simply lay anchor in the Bay of Biscay proper and pour Cheap French Wine from the foredecks into the Atlantic," the elder said.

"Take heart, Admiral," the younger replied with a haughty voice, "Surely the French are eager to discard the negative connotations of their past."

"Has their been any word from General Jagdfel on the situation at Ground Zero? Are there any survivors? What of the Nodic Militancy at large?"

Admiral Cocburn seemed bored with the topic of France, shifting focus back to the homeland. Mentioning such woeful topics had put a strain on the air of superciliousness on the bridge of the 'Paragon', and the two were silent for a moment. The younger had tongued the inside of her cheek, letting her chin droop just enough to rest on the high collar of her black and white Officer's tunic.

"What of your family?" Cocburn mercilessly persued, tears of her own beginning to well near the corners of her eyes as she clasped white gloved hands together in her lap. Noticing even that jab having no effect, Cocburn relented, deigning to look out over the busy- and empty flight deck of her vessel. She smiled quietly to herself as she saw the women of the Militant Naval Command busying themselves to and fro, with a fervor rivaling that of even the firmest religious adherent.

"I've seen the tapes... I... I have no reason to expect anything short of a miracle, to be frank," Lt. CDR Burke finally replied.

"A miracle," Admiral Cocburn's voice gravely replied. There was no sense of mocking or scorn in her voice... only age and a tired, world-weary persona, "we all know our planet's penchant for denying us even that..."

Burke nodded, as comm chatter in the Combat Information Center was heard beneath her.

"Tis' alright," she said with an air of finality. "I will see them again... but not yet... not yet."

"So you are prepared to go all the way with this, Alessandra?" the Admiral asked, wiping the makings of a tear away.

Burke said nothing for a moment, as she watched an aide pick up a quick hand written correspondence. The young girl looked up at the two senior officers as they stood above her on the main viewing platform and quickly rushed to a set of decorative stairs.

"Yes.... Yes I am prepared to go all the way, my Good Admiral."

"Good, I knew I could count on you," Cocburn finalized. The moment of sentiment was over, and the air of haughtiness returned to present itself to the eager Bridge aide as she halted at the pair's side, her hand nearly knocking off her cap in a furious salute. The two women of power simply turned their heads to look at the girl, both hardening their faces to hide the guilt and sorrow of the aide's fervor.

"Sorry to interrupt, Ma'ams," she began handing the paper to the Admiral, "but Commander Air Group Venport is requesting immediate fire support upon the main Balearic island of Palma! Operation Break the World has run into a bit of opposition, it seems."

[i]Operation Break the World, hmph, it does not sound as impressive should it exit the mouth of this poor, misled girl,[/i] the Admiral thought to herself as she eyed the co-ordinates requested by Clarissa.

"Very well, give word to Exterminatrix Fleet Morgen at once. Have the Calamity fire an additional salvo of its remaining Serenaders at these co-ordinates," the Admiral ordered, watching the girl place another salute to her forehead as she turned about and hopped down the stairs.

"This is an ill omen," Cocburn said to a silent Burke.

"I fear I feel the need to disclose my firm displeasure of having that girl serve aboard the Paragon any longer. Perhaps I AM getting 'old' after all."

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1294693548' post='2571307']
[b] Private [/b]

[i] Monaco [/i]

DEFCON was moved to up to one, the Principality Defense Force was mobilized a 100%. Three Hundred Thousand troops were mobilized in Marseilles and Toulon while a hundred and ninety thousand were mobilized in New Monaco and kept on high alert. The troops keeping control over the Spanish protectorate were also mobilized in case Nod decided to attack the protectorate.

The submarines were ordered to go submerged. [color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"][i]Battlegroup Méditerranée [/i] [/font][font="Arial"]and the [/font][/color][color="#5d5d5d"][i]Battlegroup Ligure [/i][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"] [/font][font="Arial"]were ordered to get ready for a possible assault on Marseilles and Toulon and in case Athens or New Cadia needed any help. ( OOC: Situated at Marseilles and Toulon ) [/font][/color]

[color="#5d5d5d"][font="Arial"]The Strategic Defense wing of the Monaco Armed Forces were put on high alert after it failed to destroy the lone nuclear weapon that destroyed Monte Carlo. [/font][/color]

[color="#5d5d5d"][font="Arial"]The 12th Squadron were ordered into the air ( AWACS ) to detect any enemy air craft coming towards Marseilles [/font][/color]

[/quote]

[u]
[b]Thirty Five Kilometers North East of Pollenca, Palma Main Island in the Balearic Sea[/b][/u]

It was time. Setting her heading due North East, Clarissa roared over the ocean at mach 3.2. Alongside her craft, several other AN-1's did similar. While the remaining FN-23s were agile aircraft in their own right, they had not been purposefully engineered for such high speeds at these intermediate altitudes. They struggled to keep up with the sleek forms of the AN-1 Kriegs.

[b]"We do not wish to rule, and do not wish to be ruled. That was what we all wanted, what the Executive Minister wanted... These fools are responsible for the lives of nine million, eight hundred and forty-two thousand, five hundred and thirty seven innocent Nodic lives. We will not allow them to add insult to injury by landing their forces on our homeland."[/b]

"CAG, I'm detecting signatures of multiple radiation sources over the target cluster, probable AWACs aircrafts. No signs of enemy combat aircraft yet."

"Excellent. Strikes 1 through 3, you are clear to engage enemy AWACs with [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-37_%28missile%29"]SARAH-37[/url]s. Repeat, launch [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=65298&view=findpost&p=1945164"]SARAH-37[/url]s."

Ripples of steam left the internal weapons bays of the FN-23s as they launched their missiles at their maximum combat radii of 398 km.

Clarissa nodded to herself, sure in her actions and how merciful she was for targeting only military targets- namely what the world would later come to know as [color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"][i]Battlegroup Méditerranée [/i] [/font][font="Arial"][color="#000000"]and the[/color] [/font][/color][color="#5d5d5d"][i]Battlegroup Ligur. [/i][color="#000000"]"Janet, prepare to launch the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kh-22"]Eviscerators[/url]."

"Yeah CAG," the weapon Officer's voice seemed distant as the key strokes continued, "setting the altitude detonation to be as close to sea level minus thirty as possible.... its done."

[b]"This is Alpha Leader,"[/b] Clarissa announced over the Nodic Battlenet, [b]"confirm launch readiness of class D weapons."

<<Bravo two>>

<<Charlie three>>

<<Delta fower>>

"Copy that, launch missiles, change heading due east."

<<For the preservation of Nod>>

<<For Addis Ababa>>

[/b]The 20 AN-1s each launched a single Eviscerator in the direction of both Marseilles and Toulon. The large missiles' delta wings and tails extended and the projectiles rocketed to the sky at mach 4.5, guided by the Inertial Navigation System (INS) that Clarissa's weapons Officer parameterised. These missiles would be instructed to fire in a ballistic trajectory over 400 km North east, heading with surgical precision for France's main [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Navy#Bases"]military ports[/url] of Marseilles and Toulon, where a large portion of Monacan naval shipping was stationed and was incidentally the highest priority for a preemptive strike aimed at decapitating the force projection powers of the coalition in the Mediterranean.

When the Eviscerators were above their targets, midcourse stage would be completed, and terminal phase would begin. The warheads would begin an active radar guidance mode as they plummeted to earth at frightening speeds. Their seekers were so discreet that the missiles were able to target discriminate.

Today's barrage consisted of twenty four weapons directed at both ports, ten missiles a port. In each salvo, two weapons would be loaded with a 50 kiloton nuclear warhead, a drastic decline in capacity compared to a maximum of 1000 kt. These four weapons would be aimed at detonating as far [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAKER_test#Test_Baker"]below the surface of the ocean as possible[/url], localizing the blast and radiation of the warheads, and channeling most of the kinetic energy of the blast underwater, forming a column of highly concentrated radioactive fog that would shoot upwards for dozens of meters and eventually blanket the water and adjacent port facilities of the military bases, keeping collateral damage to a comparable absolute minimum. Ships would be destroyed enmass, if not then rendered highly contaminated and unusable for the duration of their service lives. The shock wave should travel through the water, cracking keels and leveling the coastline's port facilities.

The other twenty Eviscerators would use a 900 kg High Explosive Semi-Armor Penetrating warheads, prioritizing naval vessels of Monaco that were destroyer to carrier sized in a mop-up effort after the four blasts.

OOC: SOM's AA has destroyed

[/color][/color]4 FN-23 Air Superiority Crafts
4 AN-1 Krieg Fast Close Air Support Craft
9 F/AN-37 Strike Fighters

34 Kh-55 missiles

I've launched 14 new kh-55s at SOM's air bases on Palma.

I've launched 20 air launched anti-ship ballistic missiles at Toulon and Marseilles. 2 nuclear 50 kt warheads are aimed to blast in the waters of each port, for a total for 4 nuclear weapons. I don't care whether or not Keshav wants to SDI roll for them, be my guest. The rest of the conventional warheads are targeting large military vessels like cruisers, battleships and carriers.

--Palma
--NCHQ

[i]"Commander Yarrick! Enemy aircraft have swerved into normal combatant zone; they're using bloody decoys."[/i]

[i]"Very well. What is the status reports of the damages incurred thus far Captain?"[/i]

A moment of silence passed by as the pinging of computers vehemently continued. [i]"Much of our northern SAM capacity has been crippled, especially due to concurrent napalm strikes; all three air bases have sustained at least moderate damages due to missile strikes, especially our northern air capacity, which has been nearly terminated,"[/i] replied Allis in a grim tone.

[i]"Have the remaining YF-23s engage the Nodic aircraft immediately. Launch another three hundred starstreak missiles as soon as the targets appear on our active RADAR in low-altitude. Likewise, send out the [b]NCN Behemoth[/b] from its port and have it launch 40 RIM-162 Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile once the YF-23s confirm the location of the aircraft. Have its Starsreak missiles prepared for immediate counter-aircraft capabilities and prepare its mission to proceed southeast in case of immediate retaliation. Likewise, muster the rest of the air force from Corsica and have them counter whatever is left of the cluster that went northeast towards Monaco."[/i]

[i]"Yes sir."[/i]

Seventeen surviving YF-23 immediately took off from their desecrated air bases as the fields and runways were littered with missile and structural debris. Ambulances and medics rushed across the broken lands, saving the injured and recovering the dead. Rows of flak continued to steadily pour into the sky like a fireworks display, taking away incentive for the Nodic aircraft to swoop back in for an additional attack. Forty-three additional YF-23 intercepting fighters were en route from their base in Corsica.

The [i]NCN Behemoth[/i], a guided missile cruiser, slowly emerged from the confines of its sheltered prison, gleaming with pristine shine as all of its missile systems were sent into standby mode.

[i]"Do we have any location on the targets?"[/i]

[i]"Yes sir, but their MALD is wreaking havoc with our detection systems."[/i]

Sighing, Commander Yarrick placed his hand on his chin and simply nodded. [i]Well then...[/i]

[hr]

The seventeen Palma-borne YF-23 fighters swarmed up into the sky in a loose-fit formation, hoping to bear in on their intended Nodic targets. Armed with SM-2 air-to-air missiles, the guidance of the missiles incorporate terminal semi-active radar homing (TSARH) guidance systems, which also have ECCM capabilities. Essentially the missiles would rely on inertial guidance for most of the flight, but activates the SARH for the final attack. All the while the missiles could also be updated midcourse via data link with incoming/shared information. Theoretically, anyways, these missiles would keep the targets from realizing they were under attack until the very last moment when the SARH was activated. Each fighter would be ordered to fire off two in the initial engagement. Each fighter was further equipped with four more SM-2 air-to-air missiles, 2 additional AIM-9 Sidewinders, and a 20 mm Vulcan gatling cannon. They'd have extensive MJU-39/40 flares ready for counter-infrared targeting, along with integrated RWR.

Cruising at a comfortable speed of 1.5 Mach, each pilot was determined to intercept the Nodic cluster that had broken off to attack the island.

[i]"Bravo One this is Charlie Two, we may have a visual on the Nodic aircraft. Do you read? Over."[/i]

[i]"Charlie Two this is Bravo One, we read you. RADAR in the area is current dealing with MALD decoys, though many of which have been destroyed. There are several signature bearing northeast relative to your position. Engage without prejudice. Over."[/i]

[i]"Bravo One this is Charlie Two, copy that. For the Emperor!"[/i]

[i]"For the Emperor!"[/i]

[hr]

Forty-eight YF-23 fighters roared from their Corsican air bases toward Monaco, hoping to intercept the remainder of the Nodic cluster.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

Naval Headquarters in Belfast was buzzing with activity since the King's removal to an unspecified location, Dublin had ordered all her main military locations to enter into Operation Highland, ensuring that all of the Kingdom's main military planning and strategic centers had back up centers and personnel in unspecified locations throughout the nation. Operation Highland's implementation also meant the Kingdom was gearing up for war. The Kingdom's first and second carrier battle group would be sent out from Belfast - while staying spread apart far enough to avoid annihilation from a single nuclear attack, the battle groups would hone in on the location of H.M.S. Strongbowe. The Strongbowe's crew, alerted to the crisis through secure channels, had been sending constant coordinates to the Kingdom's navy. After witnessing escalation in Nodic nuclear tactics, the Strongbowe's Captain, uncertain if the Nodic submarines carried a nuclear armament, ordered multiple nuclear devices to be put on standby within the Strongbowe. If the Nodic commander didn't listen to reason then he'd make sure his beloved homeland couldn't be targeted with the horrific powers of nuclear destruction. Once the battle groups were within range of flight operations the Nodic commander would be contacted by the Captain of the Strongbowe and a message would be broadcast, as follows:

[quote]
Nodic vessels, your nation entered into a state of war with the Kingdom of Ireland when nuclear missiles were launched at civilian centers in the Principality of Monaco. The Kingdom of Ireland is offering you the chance to surface, and follow the Kingdom's vessels to Belfast where you will remain as guests of the Royal Navy for the remainder of the conflict. Failure to adhere to this message will result in your fleet's destruction. Accept this offer and live to serve your nation further, decline and only death awaits - your nation has seen far too much blood spilled recently, the loss of life of such talented sailors and officers would be tragic to an already distraught nation. Should the Strongbowe detect torpedo tubes opening, or any operation beyond your current actions then the Kingdom of Ireland will take it as your refusal and destruction will follow. Over. [/quote]

The coalition would be contacted about Nodic naval tactics, specifically the mimicking of whale packs to ensure that allied nations were prepared when it came to ASW operations.

Across the Kingdom, elements of the nation's armed forces banded together and prepared themselves for war. The Kingdom's air force stepped up flight patterns across the nation as squadrons of their brothers and sisters prepared to fly to a foreign land. The Kingdom's Naval assets prepared themselves for duty, loading supplies and ammunition - enough to last months at sea if necessary. The Kingdom's army pushed itself into full wartime production, ramping up munitions production and setting the stage for a nation-wide personnel draft if it became necessary.
Royal paratroopers across the Kingdom were the first of the Army elements to be outfitted and prepared for war. The Paratroopers would be some of the first Irish personnel on the ground when it came time for combat and they knew it. Rooms were filled with people as the best strategy to invade and hold Nodic land was debated while even more countless rooms were filled with people trying to determine the best way to take out Nodic military assets across the globe while avoiding further nuclear launches.

Missile silos across the nation readied themselves for launches. Both conventional and nuclear launches were prepared for as the Kingdom tried to adjust it's military to counter the unknown.

Messages were sent to the Empire of Pravus Ingruo letting them know that their base in Scotland might become under attack by Nodic nuclear weapons and to take precautions. Further, the Empire was informed that the Kingdom might have to withdraw elements of it's 10,000 Royal Paratroopers in Miami, though it was doubtful that that would become necessary. Coalition allies in the Mediterranean were contacted and told of the Kingdom's time-line for asset deployment. It would be a few more days until the Kingdom could have men and material on the ground in the Athen's controlled base in Portugal, but by god, the Kingdom's massive military machine had started rolling and it wouldn't stop until the job was done.

OOC: Assume this takes place after nukes have detonated or been blocked

IC

(Genesis Central Command)

Intelligence had arrived at Athens that Nod was continuing to use nuclear force against allied forces, because of this authorities had deemed it time to go for alternative tactics. Over the last few days satellites had observed Nod, they had specifically noted that there were a lot of forces neaar Ethiopian and Sudanese borders. Before issuing orders allies in the area were informed, a general message was also sent to the coalition.

General Rackow too had obtained noticed and sighed as he passed it on, the Imperial launch keys had been entered externally, the same counted for the People's key so now it was up for the military key which he controlled.

The targets were the Nodic forces at the Ethiopian border and those at the Eritrean border. Great care would be taken to avoid hitting Novak, in addition the only 2 500kt warheads in the entire Federation were loaded on the missiles. This was a warning not destruction.

As Rackow entered his key the room turned red and a countdown was activated.

"Nuclear Launch in 30 seconds"

In addition to launching 2 missiles all others were put in a pre-firing phase so they could launch relatively quickly, secondly production of new warheads would continue to compensate for the loss.

As the countdown finished 2 silos opened, one in northern Bulgaria and another in southern Italy. The 2 ICBMs would soon reach their maximum speed anddescend roughly 10-15 minutes later at the 2 troop formations of Nod for an airburst.

Edited by Centurius

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1295006371' post='2574988']
OOC: So I take it that if the 4 nukes of mine are intercepted, that post is retconned?
[/quote]

OOC: [quote]OOC: Assume this takes place after nukes have detonated or been blocked[/quote]

I am assuming that either way, the nukes are being flung at you.

OOC: No, I mean. Should my nukes be blocked, how would you know i fired them in the first place? They were fired alongside conventional weapons. Its not like I'm trying to weasel out of being 'retaliatory striked' against, I'm just making sure that should my missiles fail, it will be canon that there was no Nodic nuclear strike (save the one I did on Monaco proper) to retaliate to.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1295025570' post='2575190']
OOC: No, I mean. Should my nukes be blocked, how would you know i fired them in the first place? They were fired alongside conventional weapons. Its not like I'm trying to weasel out of being 'retaliatory striked' against, I'm just making sure that should my missiles fail, it will be canon that there was no Nodic nuclear strike (save the one I did on Monaco proper) to retaliate to.
[/quote]

OOC: Technically, especially in a real-world environment, you can't discriminate between conventional and nuclear ICBMs. That is why a RL ICBM launch could, in fact, trigger a nuclear war. It'd be, pretty much, a presumption that based on nuclear precedent, they could, in fact, be nukes. That's how I'd see it anyways; obviously not trying to promote meta-gaming here, but in RL, a single ICBM would be a huge call for nuclear retaliation.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1295030279' post='2575247']
OOC: Technically, especially in a real-world environment, you can't discriminate between conventional and nuclear ICBMs. That is why a RL ICBM launch could, in fact, trigger a nuclear war. It'd be, pretty much, a presumption that based on nuclear precedent, they could, in fact, be nukes. That's how I'd see it anyways; obviously not trying to promote meta-gaming here, but in RL, a single ICBM would be a huge call for nuclear retaliation.
[/quote]

OOC: I totally agree. If i see one of Triyun's Shotty-ICBMs flying towards me, i'm nuking Beijing... but that's besides the point.

These are not ICBMs, these are air launched anti-ship cruise missiles. Again, I've launched 20 missiles. Should Keshav win all 4 SDI rolls against them, the Monacans will see 16ish conventional weapons go off hitting his ships. How they'd be able to say, hey! Nod tried to fire more nukes is beyond me...

But again, I couldn't, and wouldn't stop Centurius from pre-emptively nuking me again, at least, minus the IC knowledge that I tried to nuke keshav's fleet.