Official Nordreich Foreign Affairs Dispatch

[quote name='Einswald' timestamp='1294373966' post='2566781']
How about TGE stop coming at us from the shadows and try and face us like men on the battlefield. any bets on how long that fight lasts?

NoR o/
[/quote]

Really? do you want to be a battered and beaten down TGE? Or would you rather be a TGE that is at full force? Beating the current TGE isn't much of a win don't you think?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Folkvar Forkbeard' timestamp='1294375990' post='2566821']
Well, wouldn't that cause a massive world war?
[/quote]

Sure. I see NoR guys come on here and clamor for war and call people out for limiting wars. Its a little different when you have to risk things huh?

[quote name='James IV' timestamp='1294376298' post='2566826']
Sure. I see NoR guys come on here and clamor for war and call people out for limiting wars. Its a little different when you have to risk things huh?
[/quote]

An alliance should take all things into consideration when it comes to politics and wars.

Ah! Finally something interesting to talk about. I applaud the wise and prudent decisions by Nordreich in this instance. Though I know very little about either party, I will say that if this information is correct, then it is a shameful tactic to use clearly serious allegations as a PR "sledgehammer". Bad form Germany. Bad form.

[quote name='James IV' timestamp='1294376298' post='2566826']
[/quote]

The nice thing about alliances is they have governments to have cooler heads. Sometimes lol. :rolleyes:

My grandpappy was big on cliches, and there's one he used to tell me quite often: don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Without absolutely no reservation, I wholeheartedly applaud the decision of the latest NoR/NoV incarnation to strictly enforce a policy of zero tolerance for racism. It's unfortunate that my good friends in TGE are getting some bad press because of it -- I don't believe that it's totally deserved -- but overall this is a huge win for the CN community. I'm glad to see that both NoR and INT agree that Stormfronters can have no positive effect here, and I look forward to finding other places where the Left and Right of Bob can build consensus.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1294367136' post='2566575']
So, TGE told TKoI to not recruit off-site? TKoI was better under us or TGE was better for it?

Regards,
Cuba
[/quote]

TGE warned tKoI of the implications of recruiting from the forum in question. TGE was better of with tKoI leaving the protectorate and doing a new one with you.

I don't think tKoI was that much better under us as you just dropped them and ran at the first possibility of a certain sort of implications :smug:

Edited by Finnish Commie

[quote name='Vlad Dracula' timestamp='1294376005' post='2566822']
Really? do you want to be a battered and beaten down TGE? Or would you rather be a TGE that is at full force? Beating the current TGE isn't much of a win don't you think?
[/quote]

Are you sure you dont have a dog in this fight? BTW, I am a dog lover, so no pun intended.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1294286659' post='2565323']
Because the fact of the matter is that you guys are treaty huggers.

Just hypothetically speaking...

RoK has a few racists and even some in government....do you guys run here and cancel that treaty?

I doubt it because it's a damn good treaty for you all. tKoI are expendable.

You guys are no heroes by canceling on tKoI.
[/quote]
once again failing to the nth degree

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1294286990' post='2565335']
Is Bud running the grill at that event :P
[/quote]

Yes of course your still invited :P

[quote name='TheThirdMark' timestamp='1294336185' post='2565977']
In short, you step out of this treaty cause of a perons OOC lifestyle?

According to Admins this could get your entire Alliance warned/banned.
[/quote]
Yeah so are you going to be sending reps to all the old NoV members that you and others destroyed because of their POSSIBLE OOC lifestyles. *Disclaimer I wasnt in Valhalla during this time so dont try to go there

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1294337416' post='2566006']
This whole thing is massively stupid.

TGE needs to be disbanded; whether internally, or by force. I honestly hate how disbandment has been brought into such a taboo. I felt it made things more interesting. Most decent TGE members I knew are elsewhere (Hi Valdemar!).

Also, who the $%&@ cares where an alliance recruits people from? As long as they keep whatever views they hold out of the game, I don't really care.

I like how Nordreich pretty much is acting like the cool kid here, distancing themselves from someone they feel will just hurt their image later. Their choice though. At least we get drama out of it!
[/quote]
Where was this sentiment 2 years ago my how things have changed.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1294353661' post='2566298']
Comrade Craig, let me direct you to this statement below by Nemhauser...
MORE STUPID WORDS

[/quote]

If they would have left the lid on it then others would have accused them of harboring and condoning those beliefs. Really Fernando I dont believe you were even around back when this was made to be a huge issue but perhaps some research done on your part can shed some light in the dimmest parts of your brain.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1294369210' post='2566659']
And?

I asked you really to compare and contrast Nordreich's history to this situation with tKoI.

Nordreich ITT stated that part of the reason for the cancellation was because there was no way of knowing how many members tKoI has with those questionable views.

Considering Nordreich's history and reformation, no one can know for sure how many old Nordlanders that held questionable views are in this Nordreich. Some may have rerolled but they are still who they are.

Nordreich applies a standard to an ally and cancel a treaty. Nordreich is fortunate they received a second chance, they should have worked with tKoI and kept all of this private.

Care to comment or just give your stock answer?
[/quote]
see my comments above. They held their ally to the same standard they hold their membership too. Nothing wrong with that IMO. With that said I could care less what someones beliefs are as long as they dont attempt to impose them on others.

[quote name='Einswald' timestamp='1294373966' post='2566781']
How about TGE stop coming at us from the shadows and try and face us like men on the battlefield. any bets on how long that fight lasts?

NoR o/
[/quote]
Sure put me down for 20 nukes sent.

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1294408567' post='2567246']
TGE warned tKoI of the implications of recruiting from the forum in question. TGE was better of with tKoI leaving the protectorate and doing a new one with you.

I don't think tKoI was that much better under us as you just dropped them and ran at the first possibility of a certain sort of implications :smug:
[/quote]
Ahh a comment from the catbird seat i see. If they didnt react accordingly you would be beating a different drum already and trying to ruin them so they are damned if they do damned if they dont. Why dont you take TKoI under your wing instead of being so smug on the OWF.

NoR nicely done. You have not only spoken the words but have backed them up with action. I know this was a tough decision for you.

o/ NoR

Edited by Buds The Man

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1294408567' post='2567246']

[/quote]

Oh so now TGE, or rather a member of TGE, on top of making accusations of racism, is puking up the bold face lie that they WARNED us not to do whatever it is were being accused of?

*snarf* *snarf* "We tried to stop them but they over powered us!!!"

Logs or it didnt happen.

[quote name='Mussolini the Great' timestamp='1294420325' post='2567386']
Oh so now TGE, or rather a member of TGE, on top of making accusations of racism, is puking up the bold face lie that they WARNED us not to do whatever it is were being accused of?

*snarf* *snarf* "We tried to stop them but they over powered us!!!"

Logs or it didnt happen.
[/quote]

Well I've seen the logs and you were actually taking part in the conversations so I would assume you'd know :awesome:

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1294420531' post='2567390']
Well I've seen the logs and you were actually taking part in the conversations so I would assume you'd know :awesome:
[/quote]

Well you would assume wrong then I suppose. :smug:

This has turned more into a NoR vs TGE issue than a TKoI issue, but the TGE member in question has already admitted to witholding the "information", or rather, slipped up and didnt get his story striaght, soooooo yeah :/

[quote name='Mussolini the Great' timestamp='1294422162' post='2567411']
Well you would assume wrong then I suppose. :smug:

This has turned more into a NoR vs TGE issue than a TKoI issue, but the TGE member in question has already admitted to witholding the "information", or rather, slipped up and didnt get his story striaght, soooooo yeah :/
[/quote]

In the end TGE has no obligation to share any information with NoR, no matter how critical it might be for them.

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1294423250' post='2567434']
In the end TGE has no obligation to share any information with NoR, no matter how critical it might be for them.
[/quote]
While I do appreciate this new angle you guys are testing out, we never said they were obligated to do anything. TGE came to us and threatened us with the information of their own free will. They're certainly not obligated to hold themselves to the same standard they seem to hold others to. But I'm certainly not obligated to stay quiet about it when they don't.

Edited by Captain Flinders

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1294423250' post='2567434']
[/quote]

Wait a minute here. So, you're saying that if users from Stormfront are known to be operating in an alliance that is connected to a present or former treaty partner, they shouldn't inform their current/former partner? They should just ignore it, and keep silent about it, at least until it benefits them directly? Good to know that you consider that an acceptable solution.

Edited by Maleatu

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1294426850' post='2567493']
Wait a minute here. So, you're saying that if users from Stormfront are known to be operating in an alliance that is connected to a present or former treaty partner, they shouldn't inform their current/former partner? They should just ignore it, and keep silent about it, at least until it benefits them directly? Good to know that you consider that an acceptable solution.
[/quote]

I am pretty sure that is exactly what they are saying.

TGE seriously, lets at least get a consistent story.

Was this an accident?

Was this out of your good nature to help NoR?

Was this cause you guys are "friends?"

Was this blackmail?

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1294420531' post='2567390']
[/quote]

well I certainly haven't! can you get ME the proof? The elusive Holy Grail?

[quote name='ColonelTom' timestamp='1294432881' post='2567607']
[/quote]
Sweet jesus will someone please put this guy out of his misery and provide him with a copy of the logs :ehm:

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1294426850' post='2567493']
[/quote]

They have no obligation to share that information. It is completely different matter if it is morally right to do so and that is subjective.

In any case if there was an alliance I considered to be an "opponent" I might withhold information from them because why in heck would I help them out?

[quote name='Colonel Tom']
[/quote]

You should ask one of the participants in the discussions to share the logs. Like Mussolini for example (although those logs do make him seem a bit foolish now and then so I doubt he'll be the one sharing them around.)

Edited by Finnish Commie

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1294433941' post='2567626']
They have no obligation to share that information. It is completely different matter if it is morally right to do so and that is subjective.

In any case if there was an alliance I considered to be an "opponent" I might withhold information from them because why in heck would I help them out?
[/quote]

Claiming that the information is morally subjective is ambiguous at best, and we both know that is the flimsiest of reasons to defend what occurred. Secondly, like I said, it is nice to know what you'd do given the same instance. Though I will admit I personally find it highly amusing how politics works. If the roles were reversed, I would wager you would be singing a different tune.

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1294433941' post='2567626']

You should ask one of the participants in the discussions to share the logs. Like Mussolini for example (although those logs do make him seem a bit foolish now and then so I doubt he'll be the one sharing them around.)
[/quote]

I don't take logs, because im not the type that likes to record every single conversation with hopes of getting dirt on random people. Furthermore, I think anyone who has ever talked to me or knows me can obviously tell that im not a racist, nor am I foolish. But this has evolved beyond a TKoI situation, and into a NoR/TGE situation, so let's keep it that way :smug: