Official Nordreich Foreign Affairs Dispatch

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Leopold von Habsburg' timestamp='1294276590' post='2565078']
... I truly apologize for not spying on your FA so I could have told you beforehand about them, for some reason you won`t believe me when I say I had no idea you were gonig to sign with TKoI and tbh it wasn`t my place to ask[/quote]

You're right, I won't believe you. http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3721/tge.png

Edited by Vinzent Zeppelin

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1294282725' post='2565210']
*points to the bottom right*

That was a month ago.
[/quote]

I must admit that some of the context to that screenshot is not public information. I will leave it up to His Majesty to decide whether or not to release the chat logs in question, but several of them happened before the Kingdom of Italy formed in mid-November.

@ Xiphosis: And? Point is, they knew we were in discussions with TKoI be it as friends or potential allies, did they say anything then? Seems not. I am not saying TGE deliberately did it, what I myself am saying is; they did not decide to share any such information until after we had signed a treaty with The Kingdom of Italy. All the while, sitting on their logged information while courting that same alliance. Only after we concluded our discussions with Mussolini the Great did they disclose such information. And why they decided to scan through IRC logs after we partied to TKoI to search for anything they possibly could....... yeah.......

Forgive me dear sir, that right there, smells suspicious. It just does.[i]And I go back to fiddling with my mansion in Minecraft.[/i]

Regards,
Cuba

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1294274075' post='2564997']
When I see you post I expect more than "lol, good one!"

I expect a paragraph of intelligent analysis. You let me down Schatt, you let me down :((
[/quote]

That's why it's funny when I just say dumb one-liners like regular people.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1294283676' post='2565235']
NoR are pretty clearly in the right for tossing TKoI out, but damn what a mess.

Then again, anything involving NoR and TGE seems to turn into a gigantic mess sooner or later.
[/quote]
Is NoR right? So the promotion of racism is alliance wide in tKoI? I'll have to read through this entire topic again, but considering the comments of tKoI's new leader racism is clearly not promoted. It just happens that maybe some members do participate in such things.

So anyone that makes a discriminatory remark on IRC or on forums now deserves to have their alliance lose treaties?

(Aurion, I'm quoting you but this is more a general remark on what is going on).

I would expect many treaty cancellations now with this precedent and how it's being hailed.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1294284457' post='2565249']
I would expect many treaty cancellations now with this precedent and how it's being hailed.
[/quote]

Dude if every alliance canceled treaties because of a racist/sexist remark then all treaties would be canceled in one night on IRC.

[quote name='Karl Peters' timestamp='1294284679' post='2565255']
Dude if every alliance canceled treaties because of a racist/sexist remark then all treaties would be canceled in one night on IRC.
[/quote]
Treaty reset? Awesome! :P

You should quote the full context of my quote and not just a sentence.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1294284457' post='2565249']
Is NoR right? So the promotion of racism is alliance wide in tKoI? I'll have to read through this entire topic again, but considering the comments of tKoI's new leader racism is clearly not promoted. It just happens that maybe some members do participate in such things.
[/quote]
And we are neither denouncing nor condoning any beliefs their members may hold outside of this world. We, however, do not want to be associated with those beliefs and we have made that very clear. What they do from this point is their own concern.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1294284759' post='2565258']
And we are neither denouncing nor condoning any beliefs their members may hold outside of this world. We, however, do not want to be associated with those beliefs and we have made that very clear. What they do from this point is their own concern.
[/quote]
So will you cancel treaties on alliances that make such remarks on IRC, you know it happens.

[b]EDIT:[/b] I'm sure I can search my logs of all the channels I've been in and others can do the same and we can find all the racists on planet bob. We can help Nordreich disassociate themselves from all the racists here to make it easy for Nordreich to cancel all such treaties.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1294284999' post='2565267']
So will you cancel treaties on alliances that make such remarks on IRC, you know it happens.[/quote]
No.

[quote][b]EDIT:[/b] I'm sure I can search my logs of all the channels I've been in and others can do the same and we can find all the racists on planet bob. We can help Nordreich disassociate themselves from all the racists here to make it easy for Nordreich to cancel all such treaties.
[/quote]
Thanks for the offer, but you're annoying, and we'll handle our own business, so no thanks.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1294285393' post='2565281']
No.

Thanks for the offer, but you're annoying, and we'll handle our own business, so no thanks.
[/quote]
I'm annoying because I want to help Nordreich disassociate themselves from all the racist on planet bob? You said you do not want to associate yourselves with racists. I can check my logs and others can pitch in and do the same and we can all find the racists so you guys can cancel all those treaties.

OR

This OP is a PR stunt so you guys can look good and make TGE look [s]bad[/s] worse and you cancel the tKoI treaty to get yourselves a big pat on the back from all those that don't bother to really think about the situation.

I don't believe tKoI promotes racism, a small few might but I doubt it's what they base their alliance on. Based on the precedent that a few do and that you even said that you wish most of tKoI well except those racists....then I would expect Nordreich to apply the same standards to other alliances that have racists.

But you won't cancel those treaties as those treaties keep you secure. The tKoI treaty is one with a politically unconnected alliance.

Your standards are lousy as you won't bother to apply them fairly and to all you deal with.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1294285864' post='2565293']
I'm annoying because I want to help Nordreich disassociate themselves from all the racist on planet bob? You said you do not want to associate yourselves with racists. I can check my logs and others can pitch in and do the same and we can all find the racists so you guys can cancel all those treaties.

OR

This OP is a PR stunt so you guys can look good and make TGE look [s]bad[/s] worse and you cancel the tKoI treaty to get yourselves a big pat on the back from all those that don't bother to really think about the situation.

I don't believe tKoI promotes racism, a small few might but I doubt it's what they base their alliance on. Based on the precedent that a few do and that you even said that you wish most of tKoI well except those racists....then I would expect Nordreich to apply the same standards to other alliances that have racists.

But you won't cancel those treaties as those treaties keep you secure. The tKoI treaty is one with a politically unconnected alliance.

Your standards are lousy as you won't bother to apply them fairly and to all you deal with.
[/quote]

NoR did what they felt was best given the circumstances, as they should. Whether you like their motives doesn't really matter to anyone, they are not looking for a witch-hunt of all possible racists.

[quote name='Folkvar Forkbeard' timestamp='1294286409' post='2565317']
Fernando12, here in Nordreich, we don't care what you think. Others may care deeply about your advice, but we don't.
[/quote]
Because the fact of the matter is that you guys are treaty huggers.

Just hypothetically speaking...

RoK has a few racists and even some in government....do you guys run here and cancel that treaty?

I doubt it because it's a damn good treaty for you all. tKoI are expendable.

You guys are no heroes by canceling on tKoI.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1294285864' post='2565293']

OR

[/quote]

That's a nice leap of logic...too bad you were at altitude because you could have set an Olympic record. <_<

Nordreich doesn't want to be associated with racists or people who promote racism. Are they going to do OOC background checks on everyone to ensure none sneak in to NoR or its allies? No. But it would be fair to say if Chefjoe and several other prominent members of Valhalla decided to hold a KKK Night on the Val forums we would expect a NoR cancellation in the letter the next morning.

It's not hard. Don't twist words.