Official Nordreich Foreign Affairs Dispatch

[center][img]http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/7233/mofa2.png[/img][/center]

I come to you all today under rather unfortunate circumstance. Nordreich is known for being steadfast and true allies, which is why this announcement, while necessary, brings me no joy.

Since the inception of the reformed Nordreich we have proclaimed ourselves anew. We have expressly stated that we will not fall victim to the flaws and shortcomings of our predecessor's. We have always stood unashamed of our people and our way of life. But that way of life comes at a price, and the price is diligence. At all times we must remain diligent to ensure that our beloved home and our beloved name is not corrupted by the influence of bigotry, intolerance, and undue hatred.

When Nordreich became aware that these traits had presented themselves in one of our recently signed allies, we took it very seriously. I am referring to our allies in The Kingdom of Italy.

The evidence presented to us was scrutinized by the highest levels of Nordreich government. It was checked for accuracy and a thorough investigation took place in an attempt to confirm its validity. We have come to the conclusion that the evidence presented is authentic and it is for this reason that I have activated article VI of the Greater Europe Co-Prosperity Sphere treaty of which the 48 hour cancellation period has now ended. We wish the many other members of the Kingdom of Italy who are not implicated by this evidence safety and security in their own right, regardless of where the winds may take them.

Normally, this would be a very straightforward case of receiving evidence and acting upon it, but our story does not end there. We believe it more than necessary to inform the world of not only where this evidence came from but the reason for why and when it finally did come our way.

As some of you may already be aware, this NoR/Italy treaty was quite new. Some of you may also know that the Kingdom of Italy (tKoI) were the former allies of The German Empire. TGE took exception to their former ally signing with us and apparently decided that they needed to act against this union. Nordreich was contacted shortly after signing with tKoI and provided with evidence that tKoI members had been partaking in rather frowned upon off-world practices (OOC: The rather damning evidence showed that the high ranking government of tKoI recruited to and from a well known racist website). And while Nordreich tends to respect the privacy of a ruler’s off-word affairs, the obvious precedent has been set some time ago that this is unacceptable to the world at large. We understand this and we accept this for what it is. Hence the cancellation.

What you should concern yourselves with, however, is the fact that the evidence presented was not recent. In fact, the evidence was from before tKoI was even an alliance. TKoI was the result of a merger and this evidence was from just before that merger occurred. The evidence presented to Nordreich was from many, many months ago, long before Nordreich becomes a factor in this equation. The keen among you may already see what I’m trying to get at here.

What I am highlighting is the fact that TGE had this information for many months at a time and decided that not only would it be in their best interests to cover it up, but that they should use it as something of a surprise PR weapon against the Nordreich.

For that I say, shame on you TGE.

You once fought a war against my homeland. Something I, and many others, will never forget. Did you forget that the CB you used contained none other than the evidence and claims you provided on tKoI? I find it distasteful and disgraceful that you would see fit to not only sully the name of Nordreich with your implications, but see fit to hold yourselves to a different and completely nefarious standard. You are no master strategist and you are no wolf in sheep’s clothing. And you most certainly will not get the better of Nordreich or her people. Your plan of disgracing the name of Nordreich via proxy has failed, and you are revealed for the rat you are.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world did you ever think you could fool me?

tl;dr: NoR cancels our protectorate treaty with tKoI, read the rest for juicy dramaz.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh brother...
[img]http://www.theorderoflight.com/public/style_emoticons/default/normal_headdesk.jpg[/img]

My allies at the time (LUA) disbanded because of that same war, Flinders. You have my sympathies about the whole scenario. And also my hails. o/

As for TGE... I just shake my head.

TGE is arguably one of the !@#$%^ alliances on Planet Bob. And I don't mean "worst" like they're incompetent or they just do anything (which is a valid point anyways) but I just mean downright !@#$%*. They owe their entire existence to nothing but the mercy of others.

Edited by hizzy

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1294262872' post='2564685']
As far as I'm concerned, no one just happens upon evidence from a neo-nazi website. If you're looking at that crap, you're doing it for a reason. So why was TGE hanging out on such a website?
[/quote]
OOC: I apologize if the OP was not clear. It tried to keep it as much IC as I possibly could. The evidence presented was largely personal admissions from tKoI in the form of IRC logs.

IC: You people want forthcoming cancellations? Then you shall have them [img]http://cybernations.nordreich.eu/images/smilies/smileys/cool-germ.gif[/img]

Edited by Captain Flinders

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1294262872' post='2564685']
As far as I'm concerned, no one just happens upon evidence from a neo-nazi website. If you're looking at that crap, you're doing it for a reason. So why was TGE hanging out on such a website?
[/quote]

I saw the evidence, and TGE weren't looking, tKoI were pretty brazen in saying they recruited from there and linking direct to a thread which they recruited from, and linking government and membership alike to that thread. It's pretty damning stuff.

I'm glad to see NoR dropped these guys.

[quote name='Cyphon88' timestamp='1294263990' post='2564711']
I saw the evidence, and TGE weren't looking, tKoI were pretty brazen in saying they recruited from there and linking direct to a thread which they recruited from, and linking government and membership alike to that thread. It's pretty damning stuff.

[/quote]

Yeah, that's my mistake. I misunderstood the OP.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1294263184' post='2564689']
TGE is arguably one of the !@#$%^ alliances on Planet Bob. And I don't mean "worst" like they're incompetent or they just do anything (which is a valid point anyways) but I just mean downright !@#$%*. They owe their entire existence to nothing but the mercy of others.
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]I only skimmed the rest of this topic, but I completely agree with this. The fact that TGE is still in existence is surprising to say the least.[/font]

[quote name='Nemhauser' timestamp='1294264543' post='2564722']
It's always a sad day when one has to cancel a treaty, no matter under what circumstances.

And I echo the statements above; poor show, TGE. Once again, you made me go :facepalm:
[/quote]

There has been a substantial rise in :facepalm: lately.

Poor show TGE

Edited by BlkAK47_002

The fact is while TGE does indeed still exist, this infernal feud between us and them is truly old. Not getting, old.. IS. And this whole situation just shows how retarded it has become. It's far past the "he said she said" phase. Now it's just in the "I'm here to piss you off" phase.

This is why I hate politics. The knife drawer is always empty.

o/ Nordreich

Regards,
Cuba

This just in: TKoI drops TGE and goes to Nordreich, and all of a sudden, mysterious, elaborate logs pop up of us all being racists. Coincidence? I don't think so, but I will let you decide on that one.

I still respect NoR, and I completely understand why they did what they had to do. Thing is, these logs are super elaborate, and we just have no means of proving their fabrication. Prop's to whom ever made these, because they certianly are elaborate.

Nordreich are the coolest guys iv met in Planet Bob, and I hold nothing up the upmost respect for them. TGE, however, has proven it's self to be a snake entity once again, I am sad to say.

These logs have also put me in a very bad position, so it is my deepest regret that I must step down as King of TKoI. I wish NoR and TKoI the best of luck. TGE? Heh.

o/ NoR
o/ TKoI

[quote name='Cyphon88' timestamp='1294263990' post='2564711']

[/quote]
Worst Drama ever

/ooc What, what, they recruited from there to here and not the other way around, you people are as bad as the ones you vilify ooc/

Personally, I find this to be yet another misunderstanding, blown somewhat out of proportion by Nordreich, as a deep-seated hate for TGE still roams the community any time they are even remotely mentioned. In all honesty, I highly doubt that The German Empire has any reason to put have Nordreich defamed or whatnot; hell, even K-Fred and Martens are on rather good speaking terms (as compared to the explosive hate that they had for each other in the early days of TGE). They have no reason to do so, and have no want to do so, and yet these allegations from Nordreich keep popping up whenever they find it convenient.

I've been a member of both alliances, and I can easily say that TGE has moved on, while Nordreich grits her teeth, all the while attempting to find an 100% certain opportunity in which to end TGE once and for all. Granted, this is a rather big accusation, but I am sure that several Nordlanders can recall my Althing election campaign, where a main focus of my opposition was my outright diplomatic approach, as well as my reconciliatory efforts between the alliance and Nordreich (it was like force-feeding a stubborn child, but to no avail. But a number of members did realize the point of this, and I thank them for their understanding). Is it so wrong to try and promote progress rather than regression, to abandon old grudges and to move on, trying to repair and recover what has been broken, in order to achieve a greater tomorrow?

To err is human. Mistakes are made. Details are overlooked. Ambiguous accusations are made and revealed to be false. But the truth remains that TGE has moved on. Nordreich has not managed to do so, and still lingers, attempting at every turn to put a knife in their backs. And to be brutally honest, it serves Nordreich no great purpose in doing so. I advise that you find another scapegoat for your problems, because we won't play that role anymore.

PS: For the record, Flinders, you have little to talk about when it comes to honor. As I recall you were once part of TGE (and a good, active member, in fact), and you were ultimately booted for your treasonous plot to overthrow Kaiser Fred (you may recall that the majority of your scheming did in fact take place on StormFront, which was also a great reason to have you booted). Kettle pot much, Weiss?

While I'm always willing to hear out the accused and give them a fair shot at the truth, the fact that the proof TGE provided also makes them look bad (to say the least) gives it a little more validity... either that or they're just idiots and fabricated logs that make them look bad as well... although now that I think about it, I wouldn't put it past them.... a conundrum!

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1294263320' post='2564696']
Well played Nordreich, as always you conduct matters with an air of professionalism and tact
[/quote]

This. Nordreich, you deserve the respect you're given. You're one of the few alliances these days, that shows such a high conduct of professionalism and respect.

Good on you.