new NEW news

Marginali

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293599375' post='2556965']
The "price" of peace is cheap for the damage that NEW inflicted. Congratulations to NEW on their victory.
[/quote]

And again, Fernando shows why he has no clue.

Congrats all on peace. I hope NEW learned that silly pride sometimes needs to be let go, when, in fact, you do something wrong.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1293632263' post='2557289']
That does look like the case, doesn't it? Interesting precedent being set here.
[/quote]
It's hardly being set, I think that's been the case as long as it's occurred; might makes right 'n' all that.

[quote name='RavingMainyYak' timestamp='1293599312' post='2556962']
I am pleased this dispute could be resolved reasonably.
We do point out that the nations that most recently joined NEW during this war, the ones who organized themselves under the unofficial name iNEW, are required to remain a part of NEW (and presumably share in the responsibility for paying the compensation to the DarkFist nations) until those reps are paid.
Farkistan serves notice that any nations violating that term of this treaty will be considered rogue and will be subject to attack.

We wish good luck to the Nusantara Elite Warriors.

[img]http://www.farkistan.org/Smileys/farkistan/fark.png[/img]
[/quote]

Hello

Is this going to be another case by case trial for those who leave before reps are fully paid ?, Also are you really making the statement that you will attack nations that are official members of iFOK and PC ?, damn I would love to see you try, I have a feeling you will be on the end of a curb stomp just as NEW was.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1293633950' post='2557306']
It's hardly being set, I think that's been the case as long as it's occurred; might makes right 'n' all that.
[/quote]
Ehh, it's kind of unrealistic (if not opportunistic) to view it that way.

Honestly, I'd say it's more a case of when you engage in something that is generally seen as being pretty dishonorable in wartime by a majority of the rest of the world, you kind of forfeit the right to complain when your enemy turns around and does the exact same thing back to you in retaliation. Balancing the pans isn't even remotely as bad as skewing them in the first place.

(In a way, it's almost like two alliances agreeing in advance not to nuke each other, then one alliance nukes first, and whines when the other guy nukes back. You don't GET to complain at that point - and the first guy IS still in the wrong. The reaction does not invalidate the initial fault, though the initial fault does tend to justify the reaction.)

I'd also say that this isn't a sign of things to come or precedent for future crapiness, because the e-lawyers of the Cyberverse are clearly going out of their way to establish that doing it should be seen as a very big no-no, closing that particular door to future use. Expect future DoWs to include clauses that anyone joining a war after the start of hostilities can be treated as rogues - it's pretty much inevitable at this point.

But fair and just law doesn't work by retroactively punishing people who did something before it was made an official offense in the first place. Which is why the nations that joined NEW aren't currently being forced to negotiate separate peace agreements or being ZIed for roguery (which is absolutely what would have happened to them if they WERE treated like rogues in this war). They're currently being treated as honest (if defeated) combatants, which is probably more than any AA-jumpers can expect in the future.

Much like how all truly effective systems work, a questionable issue arose, it was dealt with improvisationally on the fly, and steps will be taken to create procedure for dealing with (or preventing) it in the future. Far from a failure of politics or yet another example of "the guy with the biggest stick makes the rules", I'd actually say this is probably going to be one of the fairer outcomes in any CN dispute.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1293634936' post='2557316']
Hello

Is this going to be another case by case trial for those who leave before reps are fully paid ?, Also are you really making the statement that you will attack nations that are official members of iFOK and PC ?, damn I would love to see you try, I have a feeling you will be on the end of a curb stomp just as NEW was.
[/quote]

Nah, something tells me they'd cave and let FARK have their way with the nations.

Hello

[/quote]

How can they "officially" be a member of iFOK or PC while flying NEW AA, unless they did so with government approval?

I was going to quote and respond to Roquentin, but I think it's no longer worth my time. Our philosophies will never mesh, so there is no reason to try and debate. Congratulations on successfully giving Fark the you know what they needed.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1293618847' post='2557215']
Are you saying there is no victory in this war for FARK, TPE and INT?
[/quote]

What is your "victory"? Did you stop a raiding alliance from raiding? Did you sustain less damage than NEW? Did you prove any sort of military prowess during this affair? Did you make a resounding statement with your actions? Did you display some massive warchests? I could ask a dozen other similar questions. I think deep down you know the answer as well as I do.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1293635858' post='2557325']
Only thing I don't really understand is why the nations [i]want[/i] to go back to their alliances who have policies and make decisions that they clearly disagree so vehemently with that they felt the need to leave them in the first place.
[/quote]

We should chat sometime today, Poyps. :)

Good to see peace. It was really nice to fight alongside my friends in NEW.
I want to thanks seanvdb, Kiwimike, Zombonia and cmdrChobo for the cool battles we had, may your rebuilding be swift. Although you couldn't really hurt me much I was impressed by the activity, the level of coordination, the staggers, and the target selection by both Fark and NEW in general. They really fought well this war. My thanks go to Fark for the effort they put in to archive peace, it is really appreciated, thanks! Hopefully next time we fight side by side again :)

[quote name='TwistedRebelDB47' timestamp='1293637315' post='2557340']
What is your "victory"? Did you stop a raiding alliance from raiding? Did you sustain less damage than NEW? Did you prove any sort of military prowess during this affair? Did you make a resounding statement with your actions? Did you display some massive warchests? I could ask a dozen other similar questions. I think deep down you know the answer as well as I do.
[/quote]
Well for one thing DF's remaining nations have been left in peace as well receiving reps for damage sustained during the initial raid right? I do believe that was the point TPE, FARK and INT were fighting for. We (INT) never claimed to have any military prowess (Our ego's are not as large as some around here) but we did claim to have the determination to stand by what we believe needed to be done, I think it is safe to say we acted on that determination for all to see, unless you think otherwise (in which case please do elaborate). A ''Resounding statement'' is a tad over dramatic don't you think?...but yeah see point one for a reply on that one, I think achieving the war aims is as closest to a statement of sorts your gonna get. My warchests was more than adequate thank you, while I know I cannot say the same for some of my fellow alliance members I had my !@#$ tight thank you very much.

AS for your dozen question please go ahead and ask, if you think your attempted retort is going to shut me up your sorely mistaken, we can go toe-to-toe for as long as you like big man. And please do not make the assumption you think you know what I do ''deep down'' mate, especially when said assumptions are based on sweet-FA.

EDIT: Spelling and typos.

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='TwistedRebelDB47' timestamp='1293637315' post='2557340']
I was going to quote and respond to Roquentin, but I think it's no longer worth my time. Our philosophies will never mesh, so there is no reason to try and debate. Congratulations on successfully giving Fark the you know what they needed.

We should chat sometime today, Poyps. :)
[/quote]

Don't you dare steal my trading partner.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1293637078' post='2557337']
I'm shocked WFF didn't get peace. I thought it was well arranged last night that they had it...
[/quote]

i think there has been somekind of miscommunication, from my conversation with WFF member, they are supposed to get peace at the same time NEW got peace, hopefully someone will work on it soon :D

and on topic, i would like to say thank you to Our Allies at WFF and FEAR for stand by our side even some of them may disagree with the reason we go to war, NEW owes you a lot, and to our allies at PC and iFOK for their tireless effort in helping us during the negotiation, Thank you :)

and we thank to our foreign legionnaires for helping us against all odds, you guys are monsters..

lastly, this war cost me 12k infras, 2k++ tech, 6k miles of land, but the fun and the adrenaline rush that my opponents gave me is PRICELESS !! :D

o/ NEW
o/ WFF
o/ FEAR
o/ PC
o/ iFOK & FOK
o/ FARK

to all non combatants : happy boring New year :P

Hello

Is this going to be another case by case trial for those who leave before reps are fully paid ?, Also are you really making the statement that you will attack nations that are[b] official members of iFOK and PC[/b] ?, damn I would love to see you try, I have a feeling you will be on the end of a curb stomp just as NEW was.
[/quote]

Do you have any clue what you are talking about?

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1293637078' post='2557337']
I'm shocked WFF didn't get peace. I thought it was well arranged last night that they had it...
[/quote]

To clear this entire mess up: Yesterday, at around the same time NEW, TPE, INT, FARK had a deal that was going to be agreed upon I quickly contacted WFF and asked them to surrender and bring an end to their conflicts with Sparta, ODN, etc. However, WFF said they would like to leave at the same time NEW did.

So while we were all in agreement about giving them peace, they wanted to exit with NEW, and that's why it wasn't announced yesterday.

No worries, it will be announced today, within the hour actually.

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1293607383' post='2557129']
Ah I see, nations that join alliances in wartime are rogues, but only if they aren't on your side. Thanks for the clarification.
[/quote]

Who started sending people onto the AA first? Fark or NEW? NEW, right? It's not Fark's fault that they had to counter that. It was was NEW's choice to introduce others to the war via ghosting, not Fark's. I don't see why Fark's ghosts should be punished because *NEW* chose to bring ghosts into play, but I do see why NEW should be punished for bringing ghosts in play. It makes sense really.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1293641820' post='2557389']
Who started sending people onto the AA first? Fark or NEW? NEW, right? It's not Fark's fault that they had to counter that. It was was NEW's choice to introduce others to the war via ghosting, not Fark's. I don't see why Fark's ghosts should be punished because *NEW* chose to bring ghosts into play, but I do see why NEW should be punished for bringing ghosts in play. It makes sense really.
[/quote]

I don't see the need for punishment for anyone who did it or does it. It's not something new in the world of warfare in CN.

Rather, the only problem anyone in NEW ever saw was that while we were still labeled as rogues, FARK, INT, and TPE all brought in their own rogues, but they weren't called rogues of course. It was also just funny seeing INT bring in low NS ghosts, where they held more than enough of an advantage.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1293641820' post='2557389']
[/quote]

Well, Fark did have 23 nations above 100k NS when they declared but I can see why they had to bring in extra NS considering the nations that joined to fight with NEW. I can't on the other hand understand why Int felt the need to bring in extra help in the mid tiers where NEW was already absolutely dominated but I guess that's a pointless discussion now this is over.

I do wish to thank the Fark nations I fought. You guys put up one hell of a fight and managed to inflict quite massive damages to my nation. :)

Also thank you for what are undoubtedly lenient terms especially waiving the previously requested apology to achieve an all round acceptable peace. This has certainly been an enjoyable war for all involved and I'm glad we could end it with all parties satisfied.