Discussion on Cyber Nation Awards

supercoolyellow

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Crowdog' timestamp='1293483637' post='2555455']
So only a few alliances can vote? Just because someone is a senator doesn't mean they're involved in politics. (notjoke)

This is literally worst idea.
[/quote]

How big is this academy expected to be? How representative?

I expect my senators to be politically active, if they aren't and this would at-least kindle their interests then this would serve a dual purpose: spark political interest in our senators and spark their interests in politics.

Awards are a prestige element in our community's socialization, so why not allow another prestige element, the senator, to have a crossover involvement? I see no bad reason for this and think that enhancing the position can only enrich CN.

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' timestamp='1293469820' post='2555322']
We should have both. A people's choice award and an award that a panel of judges awards, with a lengthy explanation as to why they are giving it to that person.

This way we will get the best of both worlds, and if you don't like one you can ignore it and pay attention to the other.
[/quote]

This is what I was thinking.

People's Choice Awards and the CN Academy Awards...two completely separate presentations. It would be nice to get everyone on the same page so that we have these two official ceremonies and everyone knows who's in charge of them, given that anyone, technically, can create an awards presentation...which waters down the significance of them if too many groups are trying to pull it off. Let Sir Paul host the CN Academy Awards, according to the format he's already laid out, and let SuperCoolYellow or someone host the People's Choice Awards.

An academy is by far the most fair way to approach this. Open voting by everyone would yield stupid results like the fake ceremony of last year. I'm sure Sir Paul can once again do a good job in how he organizes the CN Academy Awards. The peoples choice version will quite honestly be a waste of time and space and just end up being spammed by the usual suspects.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293493926' post='2555618']
An academy is by far the most fair way to approach this. Open voting by everyone would yield stupid results like the fake ceremony of last year. I'm sure Sir Paul can once again do a good job in how he organizes the CN Academy Awards. The peoples choice version will quite honestly be a waste of time and space and just end up being spammed by the usual suspects.
[/quote]

meh, probably, but it adds some fun and entertainment...which is basically all it is in RL, and I'd say we could use some of that around here. ;)

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1293493926' post='2555618']
An academy is by far the most fair way to approach this. Open voting by everyone would yield stupid results like the fake ceremony of last year. I'm sure Sir Paul can once again do a good job in how he organizes the CN Academy Awards. [b]The peoples choice version will quite honestly be a waste of time and space and just end up being spammed by the usual suspects.[/b][/quote]

The bolded part is pretty much what will happen no matter how the awards are done. Also "stupid results" should be expected in a role playing game from time to time, and the concept in of its self is highly subjective anyway. On with the show and enough of the attempt at GM, idiocy by the idiots, for the idiots!

the peanut gallery hungers.

Ok, so let's get on with it. Do we need a new thread? What will be the categories for the People's Choice Awards? IMO, this one should have some of the same as the more prestigious CN Academy Awards, but also some lighter categories for fun.

Here's a handful of proposals to consider:

Best Avatar
Best Signature
Favorite Quote
Best Rookie Alliance 2010
MVP Alliance (which alliance contributed the most overall in forums, entertainment, controversy, etc)
Most Popular Player
Most Disliked Player
Alliance with the most growth

help me out here!

[quote name='Zhaan' timestamp='1293505142' post='2555791']
Ok, so let's get on with it. Do we need a new thread? What will be the categories for the People's Choice Awards? IMO, this one should have some of the same as the more prestigious CN Academy Awards, but also some lighter categories for fun.

Here's a handful of proposals to consider:

Best Avatar
Best Signature
Favorite Quote
Best Rookie Alliance 2010
MVP Alliance (which alliance contributed the most overall in forums, entertainment, controversy, etc)
Most Popular Player
Most Disliked Player
Alliance with the most growth

help me out here!
[/quote]

I'm setting something ups with mods, hope to get something out tonight around update.

[quote name='Affluenza' timestamp='1293584332' post='2556723']
MK would still win what ever option... :smug:
[/quote]
It's hilarious that that's the reason some people have gotten so worked up about letting it be done through polls. Already stated my reasons why this is a stupid argument in the other thread.

Honestly the only award that matters is the WAE competition that MK held (and I hope continues to hold)

Not to mention, as there's no incentive to vote for yourself (unless you're doing it ironically, which only shows that you do deserve it), it's probably the least biased award vote you can have.