Charge of the FEAR brigade

Codainia

Brave, you betcha.

Dumb? Absolutely. But it could have been dumber. Not attacking Fark shows promise. You know that would trigger the Supershroomgrievancesparadoxella bloc's entry.

This would be a lot easier if it was just the pro-NPO side and the anti-NPO side... can we just call them that, even if NPO isn't involved?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1292921028' post='2548134']
Brave, you betcha.

Dumb? Absolutely. But it could have been dumber. Not attacking Fark shows promise. You know that would trigger the Supershroom[b]grievances[/b]paradoxella bloc's entry.

This would be a lot easier if it was just the pro-NPO side and the anti-NPO side... can we just call them that, even if NPO isn't involved?
[/quote]

Seeing as TPE is tied to CnG through 2 members, the grievances are already coming :v:

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1292921028' post='2548134']
Brave, you betcha.

Dumb? Absolutely. But it could have been dumber. Not attacking Fark shows promise. You know that would trigger the Supershroomgrievancesparadoxella bloc's entry.

[/quote]

We finally get recognition even if it's at the end. Thanks.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1292921248' post='2548137']
Seeing as TPE is tied to CnG through 2 members, the grievances are already coming :v:
[/quote]

OH SNAP

That was a pretty ninja move with the treaty web, there. I did NOT see that coming! Seriously, I'm blindsided by that move. Looks like FEAR didn't see that coming either when they declared on TPE and not Fark. I mean, if you're going to get blasted apart, might as well have CnG AND SF show up at the party.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1292921322' post='2548139']
We finally get recognition even if it's at the end. Thanks.
[/quote]

Building bridges, my good sir. Building bridges. Also the "-ella" ending has a certain ring to it, dontcha think? I kinda want to repeat it several times, to music.

[quote name='Petrovich4' timestamp='1292920849' post='2548132']
I was not aware of TI protecting DF - where did they explicitly say it?
[/quote]

Eh it was hinted at in the unedited [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95819&view=findpost&p=2542138]DF disbandment OP[/url], and several posts thereafter, before the raids begin coming in.

This is the statement from the International: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95819&view=findpost&p=2542289

This is the statement from TPE: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95819&view=findpost&p=2542766

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1292921965' post='2548146']
Eh it was hinted at in the unedited [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95819&view=findpost&p=2542138]DF disbandment OP[/url], and several posts thereafter, before the raids begin coming in.

This is the statement from the International: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95819&view=findpost&p=2542289

This is the statement from TPE: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95819&view=findpost&p=2542766
[/quote]

Yeah, hinted and explicit are 2 different things :) We all read the same thing. I suppose NEW's comprehension skills weren't that great.

[quote name='fluffyewunga' timestamp='1292926972' post='2548187']
It's seems FEAR is doomed to repeat it's mistake over and over and over. Some day your leaders will wake up and learn the different between oA and MD
[/quote]

I guess FEAR doesn't need lesson from USN.

[quote]ARTICLE III - Defense
In the event of an attack upon either signatory, the contracting parties agree to defend one another by all means available.[/quote]

This is the treaty what need to honored. Where is oA or any other !@#$%^&*?

Friends>tech>infra>e-lawyering

It's seems FEAR is doomed to repeat it's mistake over and over and over. Some day your leaders will wake up and learn the different between oA and MD
[/quote]
Some day you will wake up and learn the meaning and value of true friendship.

[/quote]

Eh? I see this as FEAR defending NEW. Look at the alliances actually involved with them.
NEW is declared on and attacked and so FEAR helps them by attacking those aggressors.
To say that to help NEW they'd be coming in with an optional Aggression is a silly argument. That would only be true if FEAR declared war on the Dark Fist.
It will be an uphill battle for FEAR to say the least, but you still have to respect an alliance honoring a treaty

Edited by Lukapaka

What is stupid is so many people sitting on their infra. Boring. I understand NEW broke the status quo, and that's fine by me. Who's the real rebels now eh, LSF? :P

We made a conscious decision, as we have many times before, to fight despite the odds. Because we respect NEW, they've done the same for us, they are funner and balliser than most of you, and I'm glad we are fighting alongside them. I would not be happy sitting on the sidelines watching NEW being abused & ditched by all their allies.

Edited by Canik

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1292931119' post='2548212']
What is stupid is so many people sitting on their infra. Boring. I understand NEW broke the status quo, and that's fine by me. Who's the real rebels now eh, LSF? :P

We made a conscious decision, as we have many times before, to fight despite the odds. Because we respect NEW, they've done the same for us, they are funner and balliser than most of you, and I'm glad we are fighting alongside them. I would not be happy sitting on the sidelines watching NEW being abused & ditched by all their allies.
[/quote]
Good man.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1292921682' post='2548142']
OH SNAP

That was a pretty ninja move with the treaty web, there. I did NOT see that coming! Seriously, I'm blindsided by that move. Looks like FEAR didn't see that coming either when they declared on TPE and not Fark. I mean, if you're going to get blasted apart, might as well have CnG AND SF show up at the party.
[/quote]
Honestly I doubt they did not see the link to CnG. FEAR chose the lesser of 2 evils and did what they felt was right in defense of their friends.

Good luck to you FEAR and god speed.

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1292931119' post='2548212']

[/quote]

Well said brother.

I owe you with my life.

[quote name='sigelopisan' timestamp='1292932864' post='2548232']
Well said brother.

I owe you with my life.
[/quote]

Are PC and iFOK sure NEW didn't ask for help? Maybe they were led to believe help wasn't coming even if it was asked for. Seems they [i]really[/i] appreciate the help FEAR and pals are lending and they don;t appreciate being left out to hang. Maybe I read to much into statements like these though.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1292933223' post='2548233']
Are PC and iFOK sure NEW didn't ask for help? Maybe they were led to believe help wasn't coming even if it was asked for. Seems they [i]really[/i] appreciate the help FEAR and pals are lending and they don;t appreciate being left out to hang. Maybe I read to much into statements like these though.
[/quote]
The evidence is becoming more compelling that NEW didn't ask them to stay out.

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1292934747' post='2548249']
The evidence is becoming more compelling that NEW didn't ask them to stay out.
[/quote]
My understanding is that alliances now defending NEW weren't asked to stay out cause the request would be ignored. As to iFOK/Poison Clan I know as much as the rest of Planet Bob.

[quote name='Calderone' timestamp='1292935106' post='2548253']
My understanding is that alliances now defending NEW weren't asked to stay out cause the request would be ignored. As to iFOK/Poison Clan I know as much as the rest of Planet Bob.
[/quote]
Either way, iFOK and PC don't come off looking good in this.