Charge of the FEAR brigade

Codainia

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1292992785' post='2549222']
You are the silliest of silly geese. I mean that as a compliment.
[/quote]

Hehe - I merely meant that the rest of our treaties are of the ODP/PIAT level and as such, most political/military analyst who predict who's coming in and from where don't take those into account.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1292994708' post='2549266']
Why? We've been assured that anyone coming in on this side is doing so by oA rather than MD because NEW was the initial aggressors.

NPO could just choose not to activate the optional part of their treaty and I am sure you'd see MK/PB/CNG in that thread just hailing away like they did PC/iFOK.

The cost (year long reps, months of nukes) is extra high for NPO to enter into any war, let alone what those aligned against them have already declared to be an aggressive action by anyone coming in on NEW's side.
[/quote]
The NPO-Invicta treaty is a non-chaining MDOAP. As is the Europa-Invicta treaty.

We don't need to buy into the oA-MD logic being espoused by Pandora's Box here, which is based on making up concepts and ignoring what the treaties actually say.

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1292994919' post='2549275']
You are incorrect on that point. Reps were not the reason that the negotiations fell apart. The talks failed because it takes two parties to talk, and one particular party was too stubborn to entertain the notion of even a trivial compromise.

I understand that obstinacy has been recast as virtue by a small but vocal part of our community. Some people saw strength in NEW's unwillingness to compromise. All I saw was pettiness and immaturity.

-Craig
[/quote]

To each man his own.

I do however hope peace will be found soon.

[quote name='Barnaby von Farter' timestamp='1292954386' post='2548495']
With a diplomacy skill set like this, Shadeslayer, I'm sure you'll have no trouble navigating the University of Unity to great heights. In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if those who voted for you are feeling a bit of buyers remorse right about now though, even if they're too worried to say it. Pretty embarrassing, really.

/me waters self in attempt to grow knowledge berries and such.
[/quote]

Here at the UoU, knowledge is pouring into our minds at such a rapid speed that it can sometimes have side-effects. One such side-effect is acting the opposite of how an elected leader should act. Or perhaps Mr. Shades was giving us a lesson on what not to do. The University of Unity is a complex organization of scholars, we like to explore different methods on how to educate the not-so-fortunate around us. Perhaps Shades was just using a new technique.

FEAR, I am not going to congratulate you for honoring your treaty. It was a legal bond, you are obligated to defend it. So you get no "congrats".

I will give you a tip of the hat because I like you however.

*tips hat*

Adieu.

Edited by Kevanovia

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1292917043' post='2548061']
Aw, you are ruining a perfectly good chest-beating routine with your facts and logic. This is the Cyberverse...nonsense prevails!
[/quote]

I totally forgot where I was for however long it took me to type that post up. The Nurses of the Shady Acres retirement home here in western realm obviously have not been keeping me on my meds.