Joint announcement from TPE, INT, and Fark

[quote name='Nelchael' timestamp='1292829758' post='2546169']
I'd guess it all comes down to your definition of "courage". Yours seems to have an idiocy component to it. If it's not reckless and illogical, it's not courage?
[/quote]

That's the most messed up holistic approach I've ever seen.

The courage does not stem from NEW's decision to raid an undefended AA which was a bad move, but to say them not backing down isn't courageous despite all that has happened would be quite dismissive of the term in general. NEW isn't courageous because they made a bad decision, they're courageous because in the face of adversity they didn't back down from their stance. No matter how bad a stance it may seem to be, the stand itself is still courageous.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1292829949' post='2546171']
That's the most messed up holistic approach I've ever seen.

The courage does not stem from NEW's decision to raid an undefended AA which was a bad move, but to say them not backing down isn't courageous despite all that has happened would be quite dismissive of the term in general. NEW isn't courageous because they made a bad decision, they're courageous because in the face of adversity they didn't back down from their stance. No matter how bad a stance it may seem to be, the stand itself is still courageous.
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]Don't mistake stupidity for courage.[/font]

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1292829622' post='2546161']
What in gods name are you talking about?

There is no courage in hitting a disbanding alliance. If anything can be taken from this, its idiocy.
[/quote]

And what do you think about attacking already gangbanged alliance without any justified treaty? I'll leave that for you my friend :)

It's not my fault you don't define your terms.

Sure, it COULD be courage by your argument... but it could also be that they're stubborn, ignorant, bored, or a host of other explanations.

If they were courageous they could've just said "No, we're attacking DF. Attack us for it if you want." Instead, they made one of the least coherent OWF responses in the history of Bob, in some lame attempt to try to convince everyone they were just tech raiding because there wasn't a flag on the protection post? Just lame.

[quote name='Nelchael' timestamp='1292830236' post='2546176']
It's not my fault you don't define your terms.

Sure, it COULD be courage by your argument... but it could also be that they're stubborn, ignorant, bored, or a host of other explanations.

If they were courageous they could've just said "No, we're attacking DF. Attack us for it if you want." Instead, they made one of the least coherent OWF responses in the history of Bob, in some lame attempt to try to convince everyone they were just tech raiding because there wasn't a flag on the protection post? Just lame.
[/quote]

Even then, when they apologized, they didn't pay reps. Instead they didn't only expect these consequences but also welcomed it. They may be destroyed sure, perhaps they've lost a lot of respect amongst their allies and in general but you know what? Pretty sure tonight, they're having the most fun out of all of you standing around trying to get your word in.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='' post='']
Even then, when they apologized, they didn't pay reps. Instead they didn't only expect these consequences but also welcomed it. They may be destroyed sure, perhaps they've lost a lot of respect amongst their allies and in general but you know what? Pretty sure tonight, they're having the most fun out of all of you standing around trying to get your word in.
[/quote]
They didn't apologize.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1292829691' post='2546163']
There is in sticking to your word of not bowing down regardless of who you face and who refuses to back you up.
[/quote]

Oh, so essentially what you're saying is that all we have to do is [i]lose[/i] a pissing contest, and then you'll finally like us? Will we then be worthy of your loving praise? Is failure how you measure success?

-Craig

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1292830984' post='2546193']
Oh, so essentially what you're saying is that all we have to do is [i]lose[/i] a pissing contest, and then you'll finally like us? Will we then be worthy of your loving praise? Is failure how you measure success?

-Craig
[/quote]

Don't be silly, there is nothing that can make me like you.

[ooc] I've very nationalistic sympathies that don't coincide with Communism or even the democratic "Communism" your alliance uses here. Seriously in a recruitment message it says you guys are democratic? Way to be something special. [/ooc]

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1292831483' post='2546204']
So you guys needed 66.45 points worth of stats to take on an 18 point alliance?
[/quote]
That's how it's always been, and how it always will be. People are scared of even fights. Especially against an alliance like NEW.

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1292831483' post='2546204']
So you guys needed 66.45 points worth of stats to take on an 18 point alliance?
[/quote]
Are you really arguing, in defense of NEW, that a bigger group of people shouldn't gang up on a smaller group of people? ... Even if it's a reaction to the smaller group of people ganging up on an even smaller group of people?

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1292829691' post='2546163']There is in sticking to your word of not bowing down regardless of who you face and who refuses to back you up.[/quote]

If courage means doing something incredibly stupid and then being too stubborn about admitting said stupid act, then yes - NEW is the most courageous alliance around.

[quote name='Nelchael' timestamp='1292831824' post='2546213']
Are you really arguing, in defense of NEW, that a bigger group of people shouldn't gang up on a smaller group of people? ... Even if it's a reaction to the smaller group of people ganging up on an even smaller group of people?
[/quote]

That has already been discussed in great detail on whether they were in the right or not, but in the end, there was no official statement from any of these alliances stating their defense in the OP or posts soon after. Instead it was just a line in the disbandment notice stating "don't mess" (not actual quote) with no backing.

O Come on now, for ppl who hate us, u guys just jealous because we will have a war and u wont. :D

finally there is a reason why I want to play CN again. the stagnant phase and so much diplomacy crap in this CN almost bored me to death

Hail to all of our enemies, lets this fun begin.