Joint announcement from TPE, INT, and Fark

[quote]Secondly... Does this the whole "even fight" argument ever get old? This is not a boxing match or a sporting event. Blood is being spilled on the battlefield, and our coalition will use every weapon in its arsenal to ensure victory. We chose the alliances to deploy and the timing of the attacks because it suited us. We are under no obligation to adopt a losing strategy simply to placate a few loudmouths who cling to the false notion of a fair fight.[/quote]
Well, in this case your deployment is limited by the fact that you need to be seen to be fair enough that NEW's allies don't get involved, though generally your point is a correct one.

You were pushed into this war so I don't blame you. Hopefully NEW see sense and pays for those raids sooner rather than later.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1292876727' post='2546928']
I saw the leader of The Dark Templar claiming that he wished he could be on the battlefield too. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95980&view=findpost&p=2545800
Looks like his leadership isn't holding him back.
[/quote]
A Leader of The Dark Templar. We are a Trium.

But anyhoo. It's unfortunate that we could not be on the battlefield helping DF. Oh diplomacy how I loath you.

Edited by Supa_Troop3r

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1292879821' post='2546989']
We are fighting because the DF AA is under INT (and TPE, and Fark) protection during the disbandment and relocation process. NEW has refused to accept our protection as legitimate and refused to take corrective steps. Therefore we're at war. It is perhaps the most traditional casus belli in the history of Planet Bob. We are not charting new territory here.
-Craig
[/quote]

Well, best of luck to the warriors of INT, TPE and Fark in their highly traditional CB war. May NEW's SDI's be broken while yours work perfectly.

Admin. have mercy on the souls of NEW. :P

Quoting PC's opinion on BiPolar from the Wiki:

[quote]A great victory for Poison Clan, proving that we can raid as we please without any consequences.
[/quote]

I am glad this war shows Planet Bob that no one can raid as they please without any consequences. Even if it's not Poison Clan, it's the next best thing.

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' timestamp='1292881860' post='2547040']
A Leader of The Dark Templar. We are a Trium.

But anyhoo. It's unfortunate that we could not be on the battlefield helping DF. Oh diplomacy how I loath you.
[/quote]
So, two leaders then; what's the third think? :v:

You kids just couldn't let an Xmas pass without starting a war, could you? At least it was on my night off so I didn't have to watch the fireworks.

I'm hoping that you stay within your own playpen so I don't have to get involved. The leaders of your nations may be on holiday break but this is the busy season for the rulers of Organized Chaosia and we'd much rather not have to spend it watching a war.

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1292879821' post='2546989']
There's a lot of misinformation and flat-out stupidity in this thread that must be addressed.

Firstly, this is not a moralistic war. INT is not taking a stand against tech-raiding. Our bylaws permit and regulate it, so if we were to fight a war against it we would be waging a war against ourselves. We are fighting because the DF AA is under INT (and TPE, and Fark) protection during the disbandment and relocation process. NEW has refused to accept our protection as legitimate and refused to take corrective steps. Therefore we're at war. It is perhaps the most traditional casus belli in the history of Planet Bob. We are not charting new territory here. All claims to the contrary rely on some of the most twisted and bizarre logic I've ever had the misfortune to encounter.

Secondly... Does this the whole "even fight" argument ever get old? This is not a boxing match or a sporting event. Blood is being spilled on the battlefield, and our coalition will use every weapon in its arsenal to ensure victory. [i]We[/i] chose the alliances to deploy and the timing of the attacks because it suited [i]us[/i]. We are under no obligation to adopt a losing strategy simply to placate a few loudmouths who cling to the false notion of a fair fight.

Lastly, has it ever occurred to any of you that the "equal" or "fair" fight that you demand is perhaps the most vicious, lengthy, and damaging kind? Evenly matched sides will wage a bloody fight. When one side has overwhelming force, the opposition is quickly pacified.

We are not conquerors or aggressors. This is not a war to destroy NEW.

-Craig
[/quote]

A shame that you need to state the obvious but given the forum we are discussing this issue in i guess I shouldn't be surprised that you need to. Good luck out there, may victory be swift for you.

[quote name='Land of True Israel' timestamp='1292903374' post='2547499']
[center][img]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj79/cybernationsart/Poster1.png[/img][/center]
[/quote]
On the first page. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1292898519' post='2547383']
There is nothing wrong with a little bit of war - the only complicated thing about this war is its timing. Christmas > CN. New Years > CN. Holidays > CN.[/quote]

That's true but apparently people care enough about CN to do tech raids and start in an inter alliance war. :P

[quote name='bwc153' timestamp='1292904398' post='2547518']
I don't see the propaganda in the picture, could you point it out to me? Also please point out as to WHY it should be considered a warcrime.

Thank you, that is all.
[/quote]
Propaganda: "information that is spread for the purpose of promoting some cause"
It's a war crime because it's legitimately terrible and flawed.

[quote name='bwc153' timestamp='1292904398' post='2547518']
I don't see the propaganda in the picture, could you point it out to me? Also please point out as to WHY it should be considered a warcrime.

Thank you, that is all.
[/quote]

That it is propaganda needs no explanation, and it should be considered a war crime because it is terrible enough to constitute an inhumane and indiscriminate assault on the senses, one that harms both combatants and innocent bystanders alike.

[quote]
I give it a 6/10 not great, but still a better effort than most of what we get here. [/quote]

Disagree, solely because the core assertion is so easily refuted...good propaganda should at least have a [i]chance[/i] to sway people, whereas the statement that no protection was announced can, as Locke pointed out, be disproven simply by reading the first page of the original thread. Even NEW admits that they saw it.

Edited by Schad

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1292905838' post='2547570']
It's actually quite a good idea imo, although it would be funnier of it was more subtle.
[/quote]

Hmm...if even an MK member likes it, I shall retract my statement and submit instead that I have no taste in propaganda.