Stalemate

Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1293739183' post='2558500']
No sir you cant gain massive casualties at the lower levels besides when Nukes fly I love seeing the damage done :P
[/quote]

I'm doing pretty good on the casualty front, having never gotten over 34k NS. :awesome:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1293730620' post='2558363']

Also, In regards to the OP, I'm not sure if he realizes, but it was his own alliance govt that put the most effort in attempting to save their foreign policy by halting this war. That included, groveling at FARK's feet at every turn in an attempt to bridge the growing gaps between PB and SF and denying back up to Poison Clan and iFOK should it escalate by them entering.
[/quote]

Wow....can't imagine why there is so much treaty web strangulation at this point...

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1292721118' post='2543337']
Both sides are too afraid to make any bold moves or decisions for fear that the opposing side will crush them and impose heavy reps making it impossible to grow back up. So what we have is a case of both sides thinking the exact same thing; they will not make a move until the opponent does because it is too risky for them to do so.
[/quote]
You're in Umbrella, which is a Pandora's Box alliance. So I will correct you, as this is a common error among your fellow blocmates.

There isn't "both sides." There's one side, and there are fragmented alliances who are independent from it. We do not constitute a side. If you want there to be an opposing side, then you need to find it in people who are interested in creating sides.

(That would be your lot.)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1293741807' post='2558528']
You're in Umbrella, which is a Pandora's Box alliance. So I will correct you, as this is a common error among your fellow blocmates.

There isn't "both sides." There's one side, and there are fragmented alliances who are independent from it. We do not constitute a side. If you want there to be an opposing side, then you need to find it in people who are interested in creating sides.

(That would be your lot.)
[/quote]

Zoonx3's post clearly shows the level of interest in that happening.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1293733611' post='2558408']
Your numbers are off friend, it was 20k infra and $350 million. ;)
[/quote]

Get it straight, 19,000 infra, $400 mil cash for this war.

In Bi-polar I lost 14,000 infrastructure, along with about 2000 tech.

Then for gantanX:

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=146315

It was his own fault for declaring 3 offensive wars after he had 3 defensive wars. That was a serious blunder on his part, which brought his nation down to 1500 infrastructure. Besides that, choosing to fight 6 wars cost gantanx about 9,000 miles of land, and that must have been very expensive.

[quote name='The HollyWood' timestamp='1293771923' post='2558962']
Get it straight, 19,000 infra, $400 mil cash for this war.

In Bi-polar I lost 14,000 infrastructure, along with about 2000 tech.

Then for gantanX:

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=146315

It was his own fault for declaring 3 offensive wars after he had 3 defensive wars. That was a serious blunder on his part, which brought his nation down to 1500 infrastructure. Besides that, choosing to fight 6 wars cost gantanx about 9,000 miles of land, and that must have been very expensive.
[/quote]

Records show you had 19.5k infra at one point, so I merely assumed you had eaten a nuke from gantan before we took the data down. And you had 356 million by the time we ran our spy op on you.

Also, you're missing the point, Gantan doesn't give a !@#$ about his nation. He fought for his alliance and isn't here !@#$%*ing about losing a few 1s and 0s. He actually enjoyed the fight and you only make it better should he ever read this topic and see your reaction.

Develop a warchest and your recovery from wars won't take you 2 years. You had by far the worst warchest in the FARK upper tier. Be more like Darklordtim and stop buying past 17k infra.

P.S. when I say warchest, I mean, saving up at minimum 3 billion, although many will say you need 5 billion.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1293773029' post='2558980']
Records show you had 19.5k infra at one point, so I merely assumed you had eaten a nuke from gantan before we took the data down. And you had 356 million by the time we ran our spy op on you.

Also, you're missing the point, Gantan doesn't give a !@#$ about his nation. He fought for his alliance and isn't here !@#$%*ing about losing a few 1s and 0s. He actually enjoyed the fight and you only make it better should he ever read this topic and see your reaction.

Develop a warchest and your recovery from wars won't take you 2 years. You had by far the worst warchest in the FARK upper tier. Be more like Darklordtim and stop buying past 17k infra.

P.S. when I say warchest, I mean, saving up at minimum 3 billion, although many will say you need 5 billion.
[/quote]

I was surprised that it took that many spy ops to finally get a successful gather intelligence against my nation. I mean I only had 12,000 land, it should have been easy for the nations that had 30k to run good spy ops against me.

[quote name='The HollyWood' timestamp='1293773778' post='2558990']
I was surprised that it took that many spy ops to finally get a successful gather intelligence against my nation. I mean I only had 12,000 land, it should have been easy for the nations that had 30k to run good spy ops against me.
[/quote]

yeah, my spies are suck, it took them almost 5 days for a successfull spy ops on your nation :(

btw, too bad i dont see this thread earlier, your tears are delicious man... :smug:

[/quote]
That's not how spies work... at all.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1293773655' post='2558988']
Is this what Fark members are really like? Is this why they avoid this place?
[/quote]
Certainly his posts are consistent with what I remember of Fark from two years ago.

[/quote]
Land does not provide an offensive bonus with spy ops, it only provides a defensive bonus.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1292721593' post='2543351']
well if the victor would cease the stupid reps, we may see more wars. but it appears that whoever the victor is wants to impose harsh reps so that the next war would be a long way coming or simply be a curbstomp with the victor winning until those on the victor's side decide they want to switch sides.

until that happens, rebuilding will take a long time and diplomacy would be strived for. so if you want more wars, end the reps.
[/quote]

...On the other hand, it could simply be that the reps are getting too [i]light[/i]. Honestly, what's the point of fighting a war without potential consequence? It's boring.

[quote name='Lezrahi' timestamp='1293815178' post='2559300']
...On the other hand, it could simply be that the reps are getting too [i]light[/i]. Honestly, what's the point of fighting a war without potential consequence? It's boring.
[/quote]

this has got to be one of the most ridiculous things i have seen on CN ever. seriously, if it takes an alliance over a year to finish reps, it is most assuredly not light. As for consequences- if War had lighter consequences, then War would happen far more often. if war had heavier consequences, such as they do, oh well look at that. lack of any major war for who knows how many months. if you don't want to war, what are you doing in PC, join GPA or TDO where all those peace-mongerers should be at.