Legio Frigidum

As a pretty much uninvolved observer, the prospects of what is looking like an Unjust War rematch is intriguing. Not underestimating Polar's ability to get a lot of alliances rolling with them as long as they don't switch sides at the last minute again.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1292301343' post='2539211']
Perhaps.

Teacher of mine, we need to have a talk.

That's one opinion. A wrong opinion certainly, but one nonetheless!
[/quote]
Agreed we've learned to be civil to one another but nowhere near any love fest.

Although some of those Polars are secksi beasts :ehm:

[quote name='Shoofly' timestamp='1292301421' post='2539214']
Lol. Im sorry but I can't stand by and let my fellow Legionnaires accept this grossly simplified and faulty synopsis of GWIII. I was in GWIII and fought 3 FAN nations personally (to ZI in fact). The mistake that Legion made was mainly a timing error as I see it. AEGIS nations were slow to support. If we had declared 3 days earlier while GATO still had combat strength, the ending might have been different. As it was however, we declared too late and GATO was in ashes already. If AEGIS had unified earlier and stood together, instead of staggering into the meat-grinder separately, the results would have been different. It's much easier to dismantle your opponent one at a time instead of all at once, which is exactly what the Initiative did.

All of our top nations were hitting NPO and VE upper tiers, check the combat logs, and we were attacked on several fronts by FAN, TOP, MHA and GGA. It was simply overwhelming.

Don't let rhetoric belittle Legion's bravery, honor, or effectiveness when at war. One thing I have always admired about Legion is her willingness to risk it all on principle alone. Whether that's honoring a treaty, or simply doing what she believes is the right thing (VL) to do.

If you remember the world at the time of GWIII, it was basically the Initiative versus The Rest of the World. We made a "ballsy" decision to stand on principle and yes, ever sacrifice ourselves for principle - something we have done time and time again. If some others at the time had the same ideals (IRON), then we might be living in a different world.
[/quote]
hahaha this entire post. No, Legion was terrible in GWIII, that is a simple fact. And then you go on to talk about sacrificing yourself on principle? If you had done that 2 months before GWIII you may have stood a chance at beating the Initiative. You blaming IRON for doing what you yourself had done is pretty funny.

You make it seem like fighting TOP and FAN was a huge thing for Legion when they had like 4m ns to your 10m and had barely fought a war before, and they still tore through you like a hot knife through butter. But anyways, that's ancient history.

Edited by General Scipio

Congratulations to both parties. :)

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1292275179' post='2538693']
Or he could just be a fan of Marcus Aurelius.
[/quote]

Not even much of a fan if he doesn't use the same language as Marcus Aurelius did in Meditations.

[quote name='askani the rotund' timestamp='1292303088' post='2539236']
Agreed we've learned to be civil to one another but nowhere near any love fest.

Although some of those Polars are secksi beasts :ehm:
[/quote]
Probably more like your governments are chill and cooperating together via proxy treaties (like this one) but neither of your body republics can stomach a direct treaty yet for various reasons.

Just a lil shot in the dark :)

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1292303199' post='2539241']
Probably more like your governments are chill and cooperating together via proxy treaties (like this one) but neither of your body republics can stomach a direct treaty yet for various reasons.

[/quote]
I understand, what I will call fear, in some about OoOlite thing going on. NPO and NpO are competent alliances that are serious enough (or if you will, evil enough) to put aside their differences to stomp a common foe. Plausible.

But while this deep seeded fears will be, indeed, here in first place truly are Legion and NpO. And their relationship.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1292303450' post='2539246']
I understand, what I will call fear, in some about OoOlite thing going on. NPO and NpO are competent alliances that are serious enough (or if you will, evil enough) to put aside their differences to stomp a common foe. Plausible.

But while this deep seeded fears will be, indeed, here in first place truly are Legion and NpO. And their relationship.
[/quote]
I don't know if fear is the right word for it...

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1292302876' post='2539232']
As a pretty much uninvolved observer, the prospects of what is looking like an Unjust War rematch is intriguing. Not underestimating Polar's ability to get a lot of alliances rolling with them as long as they don't switch sides at the last minute again.
[/quote]I don't understand why people always seem so keen to graft the UJW on modern times. The UJW was, after all, a product of a set of circumstances unique to the world of three years.

[quote name='askani the rotund' timestamp='1292303088' post='2539236']
Agreed we've learned to be civil to one another but nowhere near any love fest. Although some of those Polars are secksi beasts :ehm:
[/quote]If you keep going you'll make me blush. :blush:

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1292303199' post='2539241']

[/quote]

There's just been no time for that kind of clandestine plot.
We've been too busy jointly developing a version of the Haliburton weather machine.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1292304096' post='2539264']
I don't understand why people always seem so keen to graft the UJW on modern times. The UJW was, after all, a product of a set of circumstances unique to the world of three years.
[/quote]
Polar appearing to line up against the heirs to the Unjust Path alliances? Different circumstances I'm sure, but an interesting rematch if it comes to fruition.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1292304398' post='2539272']Polar appearing to line up against the heirs to the Unjust Path alliances? Different circumstances I'm sure, but an interesting rematch if it comes to fruition.[/quote]Out of curiosity, who do you think are the heirs of the Unjust Path?

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1292304939' post='2539278']
Out of curiosity, who do you think are the heirs of the Unjust Path?
[/quote]
GOONS -> GOONS
MK -> MK
Genmay -> Umbrella
TPF -> PC
GS -> (None)
(And \m/ -> \m/)

Same alliances, roughly, closely tied.

In any case, we're drifting close to off-topic. Good luck to this treaty in causing something interesting to happen.

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1292306891' post='2539293']
Overall they've been substantially less crappy than you guys, if we're going to be all-inclusive with our historical considerations.
[/quote]

Righttttt.
[img]http://www.soundoffcolumn.com/images/dr-evil.jpg[/img]

That's basically the voice I made in my head.

Edited by Yankees Empire

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1292309491' post='2539328']
Remember when you guys were best friends, and you hung them out to dry? I do.

Also, I would have chosen Riiiiiight.
[/quote]

Nope. Wasn't in ODN at the time and only barely paid attention to CN politics.

Got me on the 2nd point though.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1292309491' post='2539328']
Remember when you guys were best friends, and you hung them out to dry? I do.

Also, I would have chosen Riiiiiight.
[/quote]

Hey! I remember that!

ODN is hardly in any position to say they hate on alliance because "they messed up in the past and are due to do it again." You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and all that jazz.

That being said, NpO could have done much better... It's disappointing to see a real contest for PB dissipate so quickly...

Oh well, I for one welcome our new Pandorian overlords.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1292310696' post='2539338']
Hey! I remember that!

ODN is hardly in any position to say they hate on alliance because "they messed up in the past and are due to do it again." You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and all that jazz.
[/quote]

You could say the same for many alliances. And I don't hate Legion, I was just making a joke at their expense :)

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1292311149' post='2539340']
You could say the same for many alliances. And I don't hate Legion, I was just making a joke at their expense :)
[/quote]
Actually, it was at your expense. You're the one who came out looking dumb. :)

Edited by youwish959

See here's the thing, ODN has made great effort to bounce back from their low points in the past and now they are an alliance I'm proud to be allied with. Legion has been consistently crap for four years. If we played the 'your alliance did this three years ago so get out' game, then PPF would be the only alliance allowed to judge anybody.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1292223354' post='2538260']
I understand why you might do this, but I still think it was a serious misstep.
[/quote]

I'm curious who this remark was directed at; Polar? Legion? Both? Or was it intended to be cryptic from the start? :awesome:

For months people have been saying,"Someone do something interesting, shake things up!". Now as soon as someone does, all they do is complain. :mellow: I am curious to see where this treaty leads events down the road.