CN-Utilities.com

MrCyber

All,

As many of you know I've created CN-Utilities.com a few years ago. This site hosts several calculators used in CyberNations. They include:
- Infrastructure Cost calculator
- Trade circle calculator
- Land calculator
- Technology calculator
- Wonder calculator

These tools have always been free for use for any registered user on the site. I wish to keep it this way, however I recently lost my job (again) and this is causing me some issues paying for the hosting costs of the site. So I'm calling upon the community of users to help keep this site up by making a donation to help me keep the site running. I've added a Donation button on the home page for this use.

For those that help with a donation, please send your username (for the site) as well as your CN Username with your donation and you will be given access to an exclusive calculator on the site :
- Battle Odds Calculator
This calculator helps you determine your battle odds before deploying your troops for an attack.

Thanks in advance to anyone that is going to help out.

Cheers,

MrCyber
http://www.cn-utilities.com

UPDATE : Paypal donate button now works.

Edited by MrCyber

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jaymjaym' timestamp='1291934149' post='2535164']
I've been a fan of your site for a while now. I can't give a whole lot, but I'll be glad to contribute.

Edit: Donation button doesn't seem to work for me, anyone else getting it to work?
[/quote]
Thanks I appreciate it.

Paypal button now works.

[quote name='President Hardin' timestamp='1291934268' post='2535167']
i have never seen that site before but i will check it out. i also wouldn't be able to donate alot but even a couple dollars would help keep the site open for us all :)
[/quote]
Every little bit helps.

So far only 2 small donations received, which will keep the site up another month, but that's about it. Really people I wish my situation was different, but it's not unfortunately, so if you want to keep this site around, please help. I've kept this site running for about 3 years so far, so it'd be a shame if it would disappear.

[quote name='jaaku' timestamp='1291999513' post='2535699']
best I could give man. Wish I could have done more.
[/quote]
Thanks :) As I said before, everything helps. There are 5500 registered users of the site, so if everyone would donate $1 I can keep the site running for years to come.

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1292001795' post='2535725']
Out of curiosity can you let us know how much you need? i.e is there a target number?
[/quote]
Hosting is $9.99 a month (paying for a year in advance), so to keep the site running for another year I'd need $119.88. It's not a huge sum of money, but being without a job I need to pay rent, etc first. :)

Update: About 40% of the above mentioned some has meanwhile been donated. Thanks to everyone who has helped out so far.

Edited by MrCyber

[quote name='MrCyber' timestamp='1292002326' post='2535732']
Hosting is $9.99 a month (paying for a year in advance), so to keep the site running for another year I'd need $119.88. It's not a huge sum of money, but being without a job I need to pay rent, etc first. :)

Update: About 40% of the above mentioned some has meanwhile been donated. Thanks to everyone who has helped out so far.
[/quote]

$10 comming your way! Sorry I cant give more but I am about to loose my job too :( By the way I have a request! Please let every body have access to the Battle odds Calculator!

Happy to help. Your calculators have saved me a lot of time in the past. It's not much, but it's at least another dent out of hosting fees.

Edit: Er... I think I forgot to send information with mine. Nation name: snomania, site name: snoman99991

Edited by snoman

[quote name='MrCyber' timestamp='1292037427' post='2536070']
We're about 60% there now. Any additional help will be very much appreciated. I do need to pay for the next year of hosting on the 14th.
[/quote]How much are you short?

Did my duty to this. I had to donate twice. Because I donated the first time and did not put my info. So I donated again and put my info. Just so everyone else knows. Make sure you do put your info. he is not going to believe us if 15 of us are telling him that we all forgot to put our names. That is why I did not try and tell him. I just donated again. It is just to the right after you put the amount and go to the next page. It is on the confirmation page. You have to click a link that says [color="#0000FF"]Add special instructions to seller[/color]

It is in the color blue and everything.

Edited by williamson69

It has a bug in the menus I believe is due to javascript, it is only accessible for me in Opera. Which is very annoying because I use Chrome.

I would suggest switching to a css based menu, I think what is being used must have been dropped from the spec :/

Once I get into the stuff though it is fantastic.

Edited by deathman1212