A Problem With CNRP

Lestari

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1290370964' post='2519261']
I don't know why he hasn't either. I'm hungry. :ph34r::awesome:

My personal thoughts:

You don't post at least once a week, your empire falls to shambles due to the inactivity of your monarch/leader.

This is for any country with land over 500 square miles on the CNRP map.

Everyone else is standard 25 day period.

This represents the "enormous" burden of management on your empire.
[/quote]

Welcome to the world of CNRP: Spam Edition.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually in favor of Mael's suggestion (to an extent) I think the activity requirements should be shortened to seven days for everyone, regardless of land size. In addition, I like Melech's proposal of creating a list of things that don't count towards activity, recognizing nations being one of the main ones.

500 square miles is less than 25 miles of SOI. That means a brand new nation is larger than your min. size to keep posting.

Perhaps you meant 2,500,000 square miles. SOI requirements for that are over 1500 miles.

Edit, since SOI is a circle then its really more like 12.59 miles of SOI = 500 square miles

2500000 square miles would be about 892 miles of SOI

Thats only if SOI is the radius though. Still my point is 500 miles is not very large.

edit again: Someone told me SOI is diameter, so double all those SOI numbers. So 26.18 and 1784 miles.

Edited by Saarkin Cor

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1290375731' post='2519367']
I'm actually in favor of Mael's suggestion (to an extent) I think the activity requirements should be shortened to seven days for everyone, regardless of land size. In addition, I like Melech's proposal of creating a list of things that don't count towards activity, recognizing nations being one of the main ones.
[/quote]

What about not recognizing nations? Both are significant because a nation recognized/not recognized means different diplomatic relations with said nation.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1290383822' post='2519537']
What about not recognizing nations? Both are significant because a nation recognized/not recognized means different diplomatic relations with said nation.
[/quote]
While in RL I would agree with you - I have yet to see that same kind of significance translate to CNRP, most likely because of a lack of economy.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1290376332' post='2519389']
One week activity rule? Prepare to wipe 90% of the map. I could live with the list of stuff that doesn't count though.
[/quote]
Nothing wrong with a little change now and then. ;)

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1290384127' post='2519550']
Wait until war starts.
[/quote]
Hmm, you know not that you mention it a week would be too short during an RP war. At the same time though, I find the 25 days too long. Perhaps, make it 14 days instead?

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1290385340' post='2519587']
Unless we are going to stick with the status quo, there needs to be a vote.
[/quote]
Can't be a vote until we get some actual, plausible suggestions as to how we can fix this problem.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1290385617' post='2519608']
I favor the system as in. If you have a problem with someone just attack them, if they are truly inactive they will collapse, if not they are active.
[/quote]
That would be crossing the IC/OOC line. And besides, just as soon as you attack--all of a sudden, they're posting every five minutes. There needs to be an actual, OOC solution, because this is an OOC problem.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1290389867' post='2519779']
Can't be a vote until we get some actual, plausible suggestions as to how we can fix this problem.
[/quote]

There aren't any. The only way is to find a CB of the inactive person and get a massive coalition together to take them out. Even if it gets reduced to seven days, we're going to have people !@#$%*ing:

I WASNT GIVEN ANY WARNING BEFORE I WAS DELETED

HES ONLY BEEN POSTING ONELINERS EVERY SEVEN DAYS

I agree that if you want to be in CNRP, you should be active, but for the love of Satan, change is sometimes not the best thing. People are going to !@#$%* no matter what.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1290389867' post='2519779']

That would be crossing the IC/OOC line. And besides, just as soon as you attack--all of a sudden, they're posting every five minutes. There needs to be an actual, OOC solution, because this is an OOC problem.
[/quote]

Not really. People RP differently. Others like to post in every single topic, regardless on if it truly involves them and others like to post in topics that have some concern to them. Just because others like to RP situations as they concern them doesn't mean they are not active. It's better than people posting in every single topic with single sentences or OOC in them.

While I agree that the seven days change will not solve the problem (they would just have to post a one liner every sixth day instead, and that'd make too many useless posts), I do believe this is something that should be changed. Perhaps a case by case basis in which the GMs will decide whether or not the person can be considered 'inactive' depending on how much they actually post and whether the content is actual RP.

Then the decision becomes kind of arbitrary and the problem still persists. I am not sure there is a true viable solution unless we want to enforce a community where people are required to be active to participate.. which is the crutch.. some do.. some do not.

Some want to have their country on the map and are content for it to be there and not do anything after.. some want to rp their nations actively as if they exist and thrive and survive and are in the for the drama of the struggle.

This is one of the reasons I favor a more fluid forum with the ability for it to be subdivided into sections, but until the moderators permit such, this problem will persist. All communities forced into one.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1290392770' post='2519841']
While I agree that the seven days change will not solve the problem (they would just have to post a one liner every sixth day instead, and that'd make too many useless posts), I do believe this is something that should be changed. Perhaps a case by case basis in which the GMs will decide whether or not the person can be considered 'inactive' depending on how much they actually post and whether the content is actual RP.
[/quote]

No, it'll give the GM's too much power. If a GM hates someone....boom, that person would be considered inactive and wiped. RP isn't about how much you post, in fact some of the RPers who post the most are among the worst in, at least my opinion, quality.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1290393250' post='2519851']
No, it'll give the GM's too much power. If a GM hates someone....boom, that person would be considered inactive and wiped. RP isn't about how much you post, in fact some of the RPers who post the most are among the worst in, at least my opinion, quality.
[/quote]
True, quality, not quantity, but the problem still remains that in my opinion, people who 'RP' huge empires and yet post a sentence every 24th day just so they can remain there for no reason is not quality. I do not say we should force anyone to become more 'active' than is needed, but I do believe that massive nations with vast amounts of territory should not be allowed to be so inactive when they control so much land. With a nation that is smaller (say, a nation Valencia, or American Union's size) and does not possess so much land, it is not as major, but when a nation controls so much territory and yet does nothing with it it seems to me that is only giving new players less opportunity for land (among other problems with this).

I think people are overlooking the second suggestion in addition to the shorter time limit - that of what constitutes activity and what doesn't. For example, one of the possibilities of not adding to someone's activity is posting they recognize X nation.

I really think that a list specifying what isn't activity would help a lot. Instead of just posting a one liner, the larger nations would be forced to actually do something with their nation every 24 days.

[quote name='maicke' timestamp='1290395465' post='2519890']
I really think that a list specifying what isn't activity would help a lot. Instead of just posting a one liner, the larger nations would be forced to actually do something with their nation every 24 days.
[/quote]

What would you consider not activity?