A final speech from NPO Clerk Sir Paul

Sir Paul

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1290297825' post='2518559']What can I say, it's boring drama, but it's the best drama on the forum at the moment.[/quote]
I gave up on drama here.

[quote name='Smooth' timestamp='1290297943' post='2518561']Man, I hope they roll you.[/quote]
You could always do it yourself. I DARE YOU

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Enzos' timestamp='1290298011' post='2518563']
So if Sir Paul proclaims to be king of MK, then he must be just ghosting NPO now. Let's see how dedicated NPO ghostbusters are :P
[/quote]

He already covered his ass on that. NPO is apparently granting him 'political asylum' while he sets up his shadow gov. Which will of course by necessity take as long as he remains interested in this escapade before abdicating his throne.

[quote name='Earl Dumarest' timestamp='1290298791' post='2518577']
Well, there may not have been any actual declarations, but what I am getting from this is that a [i]de facto[/i] state of war now exists between NPO and MK. I really hadnt expected NPO to have such a death wish.
[/quote]

Of course. And while we won't use this defacto state of war to attack NPO directly, anyone found to be aiding NPO nations will as such be considered declaring war on MK. This is your warning, aid the NPO at your own risk.

The whole concept of this thread may have been plausibly beneficial in concept, but you have done a rather poor job in execution. I can assure you that whatever benefits you thought would result from this announcement have not resulted, but have instead backfired.

In fact, the Mushroom Kingdom gains bonus points because I've found some of their posts in this thread to be pretty amusing.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1290286823' post='2518388']
I don't see where it was stated that they don't have that right.
[/quote]

He's making the point that MK was wrong in expelling Pacifican ambassadors, but that Pacifica is okay in expelling MK ambassadors.

[quote name='Sir Paul' timestamp='1290282921' post='2518319']
As our Second Edict, we hereby apologize to the Emperor of the New Pacific Order and his Imperial Officer of Foreign Affairs. [b]The Order has every right to expel members of the Kingdom’s diplomatic mission at-will[/b] and considering the ill behavior of our envoys, certainly had right and cause to amend the title of the thread to something more appropriate. The misappropriation of historical Pacifican symbols for use in baiting and trolling is not conduct becoming a member of our diplomatic mission, and to then air this incident publically with a misleading statement is the irresponsible behavior of a flailing alliance. Upon my coronation, I will ensure such incidents will be dealt with in the future in an appropriate manner.
[/quote]

I don't know about everyone else, but even if I didn't have a side in this matter: [b]Half hearted and stale moral outrage over a nothing issue < Satirical claim to the throne of the Mushroom Kingdom[/b].

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1290302572' post='2518608']
He's making the point that MK was wrong in expelling Pacifican ambassadors, but that Pacifica is okay in expelling MK ambassadors.
[/quote]

No, he is making the point that we had every right to do it. It in no way says anything about MK and certainly does not say they couldn't do the same with our ambassadors if they wanted. He actually says that every alliance has the right to do this:

[quote]...a receiving State may "at any time and without having to explain its decision" declare any member of a diplomatic staff persona non grata. A person so declared is either recalled or, if not recalled, the declaring state “may refuse to recognize the person concerned as a member of the mission.” [/quote]

[quote name='Gandroff' timestamp='1290302987' post='2518614']
No, he is making the point that we had every right to do it. It in no way says anything about MK and certainly does not say they couldn't do the same with our ambassadors if they wanted. He actually says that every alliance has the right to do this:
[/quote]

Fair point, carry on.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1290298128' post='2518566']
You could always do it yourself. I DARE YOU
[/quote]

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

I'm trying to decide what would give us more entertainment value, treating Sir Paul like the joke he is, or taking him seriously. Either one has potential.

Edited by TypoNinja

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1290302955' post='2518613']
I don't know about everyone else, but even if I didn't have a side in this matter: [b]Half hearted and stale moral outrage over a nothing issue < Satirical claim to the throne of the Mushroom Kingdom[/b].
[/quote]
I disagreed until I saw that you said it [b]in bold.[/b]

Winning over the hearts and minds of those who are undecided through elegant prose and OWF presence. This reminds me of the Vox days. Perhaps NPO have learnt quickly and will come back to be more diplomatically strong than ever. Sir Paul, king of Vox Pacifica? Vox Hegemon?