• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1289226237' post='2506062']
Agreed.

The amount asked is nonsense. 3m should be the price
[/quote]

The economic damage from the scam is much more significant than 3m, especially if the nations who lost the trades have to collect without finding a suitable replacement. Also wasn't Lord Revan lower gov? I distinctly remember dealing with him about a ghost issue.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1289226774' post='2506069']
The economic damage from the scam is much more significant than 3m, especially if the nations who lost the trades have to collect without finding a suitable replacement. Also wasn't Lord Revan lower gov? I distinctly remember dealing with him about a ghost issue.
[/quote]

He was never gov, we have Darth Revan who is gov.

[quote name='Kryievla' timestamp='1289224606' post='2506047']
Also, pardon, I read through those logs, must have missed where war was threatened if you didn't pay. Is there any such statement?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]They made it pretty clear that they were holding NSO accountable. Past precedent tells one that if you ain't paying, they'll be collecting. It may have no been said explicitly, but it sure was implied.[/color]

"<Yevgeni> 3m-50t for each of the trade partners.
<Yevgeni> So 15m-250t.
<Yevgeni> Shouldn't be too complicated, a single nation can pay that within a single cycle.
<Rebel_Virginia> You'll get your money, but know we ain't happy about it.
<Yevgeni> Understood. If I may offer a word of advice, next time, tell your colleagues not to try to take the other party for complete morons.
<Rebel_Virginia> Is that supposed to mean something?
<Yevgeni> That whole episode where they denied the guy's membership was really ridiculous."

Well, I'm glad I'm not in an aqua alliance :excl:

I could understand asking that the 3 million be returned to the person who originally paid that amount in the first place. That's it. Either aqua is really really hurting for trades(and with policies like that, I can see why), MK is really hurting for money and tech or it's "punishment" because MK's feeling are hurt.

Yeah, they denied the guys membership. Probably because they kicked him out, which is a reasonable thing to do to someone in your alliance who uses a trade circle payment as a way to scam money.

Everyone please chill. We don't need attempts to start wars, (which is what this looks like to me - MK baiting NSO), it will happen naturally eventually.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Kryievla' timestamp='1289225060' post='2506051']
Ardus,

How in the hell is any alliance supposed to prevent this in the future? [b]Unless they make a blanket order not to trade with MK members, there is no way to prevent it, and no amount of punitive reps is going to change that fact.[/b] Unless this is what you are suggesting alliances do, forbid their members from trading with your alliance. I can't imagine you all doing something that stupid, so your point about them being punitive to prevent it from happening again doesn't make much sense...

unless you are assuming that NSO sought out these trades on purpose, then set you all up & forced you to backcollect, then dropped trades maliciously at the last minute.
[/quote]
It's certainly something I'd personally consider for my nation and as someone recently approached by Yevgeni to join an MK trade circle. No more than 3 million from NSO and maybe trade help for those wronged should even be considered.

Its a shame to see Yev involved in this extortion.

[quote name='Earl Dumarest' timestamp='1289229151' post='2506086']
Can I get MK to negotiate for me next time I buy a car or a house? Absolute kudos to them for managing to pull this off. I'm absolutely astonished that it was agreed to. Whar was the reason given? NSO is scared of MK? That doesn't seem likely,
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'd rather pay the petty amount they're asking for now than "reparations" after a pummeling later. I'm not afraid, but I do understand our position and theirs. But I won't be forgetting this at all.[/color]

last time i checked...nations who conned people got rolled didnt they?

ghosts are ghosts are ghosts are ghosts...i know i've had a few problems with them under my alliance as well and we just cleared them to be attacked, never were we asked for reps continuously after the guy was declared a ghost, in the beginning stages maybe but that was waved immediately

have to say though...surprised this didnt end up as a DOW against NSO with all the other shady CBs we've been having lately :P

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1289230965' post='2506099']
surprised this didnt end up as a DOW against NSO with all the other shady CBs we've been having lately :P
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm surprised too, but I'm sure it would have had we not agreed to pay. Then MK would be getting an even larger chunk of flesh, and their buddies would get their share in the loot.[/color]

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1289230888' post='2506098']
[url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=162668]This guy[/url] not able to help you out? I'm sure there has to be at least one MK member supplying this guys trades.
15m/250t is the going rate for clerical errors?
[/quote]
If by "clerical error" you mean "deliberate scam", then yeah. Keep on spinning'.

Is it not commonplace for alliances to release rogues who have broken rules? Reparations are generally paid only if that nation can offer peace and his alliance wishes to retain him. As far as I am concerned, it seems this nation is nothing more than a rogue. Unfortunately, Yevgeni seems to have learned some math and decided "WHOA! fighting this guy will cost us a whole lot of money. Our NS is larger than NSO's.. so hrms... lets see how much we can get!" Come on. You know better, I know better. This is ridiculous. What happened to the golden rule? You know, [i]karma[/i]?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1289231068' post='2506101']
[color="#0000FF"]I'm surprised too, but I'm sure it would have had we not agreed to pay. Then MK would be getting an even larger chunk of flesh, and their buddies would get their share in the loot.[/color]
[/quote]

Help me understand this. Aren't you in PB? Doesn't that give some sense of security, in that maybe your bloc would have your back?

We're soo......[i]EVIL[/i]

MUAHHAHAHAHAHHA

[img]http://www.flix66.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Megamind-BO.jpg[/img]

To those spinning this, let me make a few things clear.

NSO was not approached because the member ruined a trade circle, NSO was approached because a [i][b]registered[/b][/i] member on their forums took money from us as part of an agreement to join a trade circle then deliberately violated the terms of that agreement. Then when we go to NSO to find out what is going on, NSO proceeds to drag us through the dirt over answering a very simple question: Is Revan a member? We received 3 different, conflicting answers making our job that much harder. They worked hard to dig their hole on this one and the outcome should be of no surprise to anyone here.

This is not about ruining a trade circle, this is about stealing and then proceeding to smokescreen the truth. Revan was a member, he was registered on their forums, and there is absolutely no reason why we should believe NSO's account that "oh well he did some bad things and shouldnt have still been masked" as being a reasonable excuse especially given their role in that little social group that sits in their little sandbox talking about how much cooler they are than the other kids on the playground.

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='Earl Dumarest' timestamp='1289231696' post='2506110']
Help me understand this. Aren't you in PB? Doesn't that give some sense of security, in that maybe your bloc would have your back?
[/quote]

Iron Curtain actually. But you see Earl, when you're with your friends and you're assaulted by a member of a bigger, stronger group, it's not that strange that NSO decides to hand out their money instead of their life (and their friends') for the 3rd time this year. It's easy to pick on the weak.

EDIT: Should be read "instead of handing their life"

Edited by Lusitan

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1289232327' post='2506120']
Iron Curtain actually. But you see Earl, when you're with your friends and you're assaulted by a member of a bigger, stronger group, it's not that strange that NSO decides to hand out their money instead of their life (and their friends') for the 3rd time this year. It's easy to pick on the weak.

EDIT: Should be read "instead of handing their life"
[/quote]

Anyone who thinks they have the moral high ground when it comes to stealing then lying about it is welcome to give this a go and see if we don't treat you any differently.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289232777' post='2506124']
Anyone who thinks they have the moral high ground when it comes to stealing then lying about it is welcome to give this a go and see if we don't treat you any differently.
[/quote]

The real theft is the exuberant amount of money required to placate MK. Repaying 3m, fine. Making a profit off an unfortunate circumstance - unacceptable.