A GOONland Public Notice

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1288673643' post='2499653']
Humility and GOONS are not terms one would usually associate with each other. To request from others what you are unable to offer yourself is simply outrageous.
[/quote]

It's chuckle-worthy how you, of all people, would be the one to comment on the attribute of 'humility'.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1288673643' post='2499653']
Humility and GOONS are not terms one would usually associate with each other. To request from others what you are unable to offer yourself is simply outrageous.
[/quote]
Generating outrage certainly appears to be our stock in trade, after all.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1288674445' post='2499667']
It's chuckle-worthy how you, of all people, would be the one to comment on the attribute of 'humility'.
[/quote]

Nah man, you've got him all wrong. He's changed in the last couple months.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1288679449' post='2499724']
I believe the proper terminology is that the alliance is GOONS and the members within are goons.
[/quote]

I was referring more to the disposition of some to avoid capitalization altogether.

If this were anyone besides the GOONS, this thread would of died, six pages ago. Though while I am sure the GOONS love the attention they get, some people should consider finding new hobbies. This is on the simple fact that some of you are rather horrible at an attempt of making the GOONS look bad, or your attempt to bandwagon on the GOONS hate proves that as the wagon was leaving, you didn't quite make the jump to get on it, fell in the mud, and are now left cursing at the GOONS to no effect because of your rather unfortunate circumstances in which you were so late to the bandwagon, that it had been gone for months now, and the GOONS hate party is now in a distant land that you are not present in.

I may recommend picking up chess, playing miniature golf, or writing haiku's in your new profound free time that you will soon discover after a select few of you realize that your insistent whining is really amount to nothing and most of the community thus far will tend to ignore you.

Oh my lovely GOONS,
How I am so fond of you,
My dear lovely GOONS.

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1288654756' post='2499357']
GOONS as an alliance, sets out to hunt down unallied targets for the purposes of casual warfare. That in mind, I am kind of surprised anyone here is really that angry at all. There are few sizable un-allied targets in the world, and even fewer which present a real challenge to an experienced and well supplied player. Reason would follow that methrage's and his compatriot's demonstration of selflessness in sacrificing their own nations for the personal enjoyment of the GOONS would have been welcomed. He has been kind enough to stick it out for some time. He has personally fought all the way down through the various NS tiers, dolling out the casualties as an added trophy as he went, and now that the fun has been exhausted it is only fitting to move on. But the banter of honorable sparing and free spirited combat is not the extent of the rewarding exchange he and the GOONS have had. As an act of good will hes even volunteered to be their personal tech farm and to sell them an immense amount of technology for well under market price. Moreover, throughout this entire extended episode Methrage has been a valiant warrior against the forces of boredom, creating a public spectacle worthy of GOON history, the result of which is this crude display of emotion and discontent worthy of the carnal arenas of past.

The people upset here need to just cool off a bit, Methrage hasn't offended the GOONS in the slightest, in fact hes been a great agent of their desires. He doesn't deserve oblivion, or death, or anything of that sort. He deserves applause and accolades for the venerable hero of GOONland and Planet Bob that he is. B-)
[/quote]
Wow, I can see why you got a promotion!

:rolleyes:

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1288766526' post='2500694']
Oh my lovely GOONS,
How I am so fond of you,
My dear lovely GOONS.
[/quote]

[center]BloodFury is win
magic mantra of haiku
warms our cold, cold hearts[/center]

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1288757789' post='2500551']
lol new GOONS. :laugh:
[/quote]

Same as the old GOONS, mirite? :awesome:

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1288766526' post='2500694']
If this were anyone besides the GOONS, this thread would of died, six pages ago. Though while I am sure the GOONS love the attention they get, some people should consider finding new hobbies. This is on the simple fact that some of you are rather horrible at an attempt of making the GOONS look bad, or your attempt to bandwagon on the GOONS hate proves that as the wagon was leaving, you didn't quite make the jump to get on it, fell in the mud, and are now left cursing at the GOONS to no effect because of your rather unfortunate circumstances in which you were so late to the bandwagon, that it had been gone for months now, and the GOONS hate party is now in a distant land that you are not present in.

I may recommend picking up chess, playing miniature golf, or writing haiku's in your new profound free time that you will soon discover after a select few of you realize that your insistent whining is really amount to nothing and most of the community thus far will tend to ignore you.

Oh my lovely GOONS,
How I am so fond of you,
My dear lovely GOONS.
[/quote]

I applaud this message and implore you to join GOONS.

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1288654756' post='2499357']
He deserves applause and accolades for the venerable hero of GOONland and Planet Bob that he is. B-)
[/quote]

We wouldn't even have to make a separate list. EOG Could become Hero Of Goons.

Praise the HOG!