Pacific News Network International: Issue 9

RIA researcher Zitan XLII has discovered the real reason NPO wants to join SF.

[quote]The Silver Age Red Tornado's first appearance was in Justice League of America #64 (August 1968), written by Gardner Fox. He is an android created by the supervillain T. O. Morrow for the purpose of infiltrating the Justice Society of America[/quote]

nice try NPO but your plot to infiltrate SF has failed.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1286865566' post='2482177']
I was hoping for commentary on the UPN / ODN situation. That would have been humorous. I guess I'll wait for next edition.
[/quote]

I echo these sentiments; in fact, the PNN should release an emergency edition just to cover the UPN/ODN fiasco. I doubt it'll happen but one can surely hope...

[quote name='Mixoux' timestamp='1286930283' post='2483020']
It's not often (read: never) that we get potential SF candidates choosing their superhero persona beforehand.

I think this may be the start of something beautiful.
[/quote]

Think if we let them join though. The outrage and shock alone would be worth it many times over.

I don't normally enjoy these much, but this one was pretty decent.

Also, it would be AMAZING to see the NPO as the Red Tornado in Super Friends. How that would change things!

Variety is the spice of life, yes? :D

Edited by Farnsworth

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1286942252' post='2483202']
Only 700 million, for shame. I guess NSO isn't worth that much though.
[/quote]
NSO had only so many slots and there were several allies aiding them. Keeping that in mind, I think we did pretty good.

Good read !

[quote name='Midkn1ght' timestamp='1286932967' post='2483055']
Think if we let them join though. The outrage and shock alone would be worth it many times over.
[/quote]
That, and GOD should sponsor NPO for admission in SF.

[quote name='im317' timestamp='1286924122' post='2482928']
RIA researcher Zitan XLII has discovered the real reason NPO wants to join SF.

nice try NPO but your plot to infiltrate SF has failed.
[/quote]

Ahah, I was amused by the Red Tornado note, but this part made me laugh out loud.

Anyway, good read, PNN.

[quote name='4SnwL' timestamp='1286969696' post='2483506']
Good read !

That, and GOD should sponsor NPO for admission in SF.
[/quote]

I'd do it if I was a delegate and I thought there would be a chance in hell both parties would take it seriously. You never know, stranger things have happened.

[quote name='Midkn1ght' timestamp='1287003371' post='2483828']
I'd do it if I was a delegate and I thought there would be a chance in hell both parties would take it seriously. You never know, stranger things have happened.
[/quote]

If you end up stabbing yourself in the leg with some scissors, make sure to go to the hospital.

I'm shocked. I actually [i]liked[/i] this issue, in particular the phrase "mandatory enjoyment."

And yes, I do believe that Pacifica would make an excellent addition to the SuperFriends bloc. Let's take the current treaty gridlock and bring it to even greater -- [OOC] one might say '[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11176182"]Oriental[/url]' [/OOC] -- proportions! Let us stand still forever and complain amid much honking!

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1287095009' post='2484728']
I'm shocked. I actually [i]liked[/i] this issue, in particular the phrase "mandatory enjoyment."

And yes, I do believe that Pacifica would make an excellent addition to the SuperFriends bloc. Let's take the current treaty gridlock and bring it to even greater -- [OOC] one might say '[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11176182"]Oriental[/url]' [/OOC] -- proportions! Let us stand still forever and complain amid much honking!
[/quote]
Oh my... it looks like I can retire in peace now, KZ finally liked a publication of PNN. :P