An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1286417041' post='2477631']
Is that really the best you can do?

Their leader has posted, I can't imagine the prevailing opinion in Athens strays far from that.
[/quote]
rsox and i barely share the same opinion on anything, does that make me a bad puppet?

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1286414336' post='2477600']
There are no guarantees of defense with some alliances. Many overlapping treaties causes forced neutrality or cowardice and going with the side that is likely to win. No one needed the Moldavi Doctrine to codify anything. We are all sovereigns and [b]a CB can be anything that we feel is worth fighting for.[/b]
[/quote]

I completely agree; however, as history has shown, if a CB isn't deemed "legitimate" you will often lose the peanut gallery and your allies in a heartbeat. Apparently, a CB compiled of "I don't like you or your members" isn't legitimate enough at this point in time.

[i]Deemed legitimate by who?[/i] The larger powers that allow the wheels to be turned...

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1286415060' post='2477610']
If my alliance was large and able to carry a punch on its own and friends who we do not have a treaty with or even any alliance that may be in my eyes being wrongfully attacked or excessively attacked then my alliance would have the sovereign right of intervention to put a stop to it. I wouldn't need an MDP or MDoAP to do what I believe is right. Self-determination is accepted, many simply choose to have their fates determined by others.
[/quote]

There is some truth to this, and many alliances should act impulsively and jump into any issues they have a stake in; however, it hasn't become a precedent just yet. Alliance leaders are often worried about public opinion, alliance growth, membership decreasing, preparedness for war, etc. I too am guilty of this. Sometimes, if not all the time I just choose to let **** happen and watch it unfold. I don't actively push the envelope on things, but then again, I don't feel like changing the status Quo is necessary at this point in time.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1286416229' post='2477621']
Exactly and well said. [b] A 'verse without treaties would separate the real men from the boys.[/b] The elite power brokers and diplomats from the tag alongs. Imagine no treaties and a war breaks out and you have to decide to go or not. War and diplomacy would have to be stepped up enormously because no one would really be able to foresee who will jump in where or when.

I didn't realize all the 137 nations of Athens had posted in this announcement :rolleyes:
[/quote]

How so?
Also, please take into consideration that everyone knows about treaties, and even if every alliance agreed to cancel each and everyone of its treaties those friendships would remain. Someone would save the WEB just to keep track of old friendships and how those old ties might affect an alliance's stance on a upcoming conflict. Do you really think that by clearing the WEB entirely, somehow, NPO would defend MK or something to that extent? On the other hand, NPO wouldn't attack MK either because they know that with or without treaties they still have many enemies; and those enemies wouldn't attack NPO, not with their paperless allies hanging around.

Finally, I applaud MK for taking this initiative in an attempt to rattle the cage that has become the CN treaty Web. Many alliances are canceling treaties, more alliances are signing less treaties, and eventually there will be only a few treaties left. In my opinion, Blocs.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1286415375' post='2477616']
When you're being cheered by Legion, Invicta, NSO, and TIO and at the same time jeered by Athens you know you've done something wrong.
[/quote]

So cuz you don't like the specified alliances it is therefore a bad decision to try and shake things up or take your FA in a new direction if that is what MK chooses to do? Personally I like the thought of having the chance to reevaluate old treaties and old FA positions and see if maybe a new tact is in order. However Athens choosing to jeer at this is their decision and I see more than just the specified alliances cheering this so please keep the hate elsewhere

I just can't help think of another alliance I was formerly affiliated with trying this, and a somewhat less than positive reception; granted, it wasn't exactly a power player at the time. And I did read the post, as well as the ... extensive commentary, so I do understand that this is more of a reset than just cutting all ties.

I'm surprised at the need for such a sweeping gesture, tho--that's what brings that other alliance to mind. Why not the classic 'We wish X, Y, and Z alliances the best in future endeavours' speech? The only thing that comes to mind would be a rather large realignment of the Kingdom (which this probably is; this is what I get for trying to think at 2:am).

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1286419271' post='2477668']
Do I really need to comment on how ironic it is that we look to a piece of paper in order to free us from other pieces of paper? Am I the only one that this has occurred to?
[/quote]

The thought occured to quite a few, as I remember, though I'm not sure the Doctrine was so much a piece of paper as a declaration of intent. Either way, it amuses me that it took so long to codify.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1286422947' post='2477723']
You do realise we aren't going paperless?
[/quote]

Temporarily or otherwise, the Kingdom has. For all we know, it could stay that way if it works out well for you. Either way, it seems to be working so far.

When you're being cheered by Legion, Invicta, NSO, and TIO and at the same time jeered by Athens you know you've done something wrong.
[/quote]You used to :wub: us, I am disappoint :colbert:

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1286422947' post='2477723']
You do realise we aren't going paperless?
[/quote]

[quote name='Ferrozoica Hive' timestamp='1286436525' post='2477827']
Temporarily or otherwise, the Kingdom has. For all we know, it could stay that way if it works out well for you. Either way, it seems to be working so far.
[/quote]

They are just trying to save trees. Why do you hate the environment?

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1286419362' post='2477669']
Not to question your logic (because I really don't know one way or the other), but aren't you guys ALWAYS drunk or of an un-sober mind pretty much all the time?
[/quote]
We spent too much time drunk and our tolerance got too high. We don't have enough money for us to buy enough alcohol for us to do anything but get buzzed these days.

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1286439277' post='2477849']
You used to :wub: us, I am disappoint :colbert:
[/quote]

It's not that I don't love you it's that MK doesn't love you. Likewise, I'm also not the biggest fan of Athens but this is presumably an alliance that MK likes.

[/quote]

You're right Damsky. Remember people if you want to be friends with Mr. Damsky always get it in writing. :smug:

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1286456255' post='2477904']
We spent too much time drunk and our tolerance got too high. We don't have enough money for us to buy enough alcohol for us to do anything but get buzzed these days.
[/quote]
Rightly so. I can finish a fifth of Jack and still be coherent these days. Maybe I should have bought more when they were on sale.

A move like this is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Cybernations was getting less and less interesting. Seriously, there was an epic debate over whether or not an alliance can attack someone with the CB "because we don't like them," or "because they said 'bring it on." I for one love MK even more than I previously did for this. I think all alliances should follow their lead and cancel all treaties all together. What a fun world we would live in.

Now I know, most likely MK will resign a good portion of their old treaties. But for right now, this is the most epic thing I've seen in quite some time.

o/ MK. Thank you.

Edit> Sorry I was a little late to the party.

Edited by Wu Tang Clan

[quote name='oOoMidooOo' timestamp='1286474996' post='2478022']
I wonder what will happen to C&G now..

it is a major blow for CnG i reckon , just admit it :P
[/quote]

I wasn't aware C&G was one alliance. Yeah, we packed a good portion of its military and political power but C&G was never about either. .

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1286466853' post='2477955']
You're right Damsky. Remember people if you want to be friends with Mr. Damsky always get it in writing. :smug:
[/quote]

This has nothing to do with friendship, it has all to do with binding defensive agreements.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1286489619' post='2478201']
This has nothing to do with friendship, it has all to do with binding defensive agreements.
[/quote]

Not really. The vast majority of "binding" defensive agreements aren't worth the digital paper they're written on. On the other hand, MK's friendship (expressed in writing, or otherwise) has actual value.

Edited by Krack