An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Starcraftmazter' timestamp='1286335615' post='2476819']
Wonderful, I think all alliances should do this.
[/quote]While everyone just cancelling everything would be rash and impractical, I think we'd do Planet Bob a world of good if all the large alliances just cleaned the treaty slate and figured out exactly where we want the treaty web to go and where we want to factor in it.

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1286335691' post='2476820']
In before NPO/FAN/MK bloc on 10.10.10.
[/quote]

Now I'm quoting from a STA private board so I hope they'll forgive me, but:

[quote]Ragashingo @ ~11:14pm on Oct 4th:
I'll go ahead and call it now. They're signing with NPO. :P
[/quote]

Edited by Ragashingo

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1286336854' post='2476854']
Now I'm quoting from a STA private board so I hope they'll forgive me, but:
[/quote]

And, I'll say here, what I said there - I'll eat my /ooc keyboard /ooc if that happens :awesome: .

Please MK, don't betray my teeth.

Edited by DevastationStation

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1286332424' post='2476725']
How is that at all interesting? Yes, a couple of people in a couple of alliances are frustrated that we have dissolved all our treaties.

Surprise! Who ever would have guessed?!
[/quote]
Pretty sure if you manage to spin your way out of this one you'll drill a hole deep enough to hit oil.

Of course, you should keep in mind that of course you're not bothered, you were the ones serving the divorce papers.

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1286345165' post='2476965']
All I got out of this was that MK finally realized that the NSO's rhetoric about the evils of the treaty web was true. I'd like to commend MK for having once more adopted a plank of our ideology.
[/quote]
For an alliance that thinks the web is evil, you seem to have quite a few treaties.

[quote name='Jim Bob the Glorious' timestamp='1286335234' post='2476811']
You're not our favorite.
[/quote]

Of course we are.

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1286345165' post='2476965']
All I got out of this was that MK finally realized that the NSO's rhetoric about the evils of the treaty web was true. I'd like to commend MK for having once more adopted a plank of our ideology.
[/quote]

Maybe you should concern yourself with your own alliance. Perhaps you could do something productive; surely, there's a brand of milk you could review for all of us.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1286343587' post='2476954']
Pretty sure if you manage to spin your way out of this one you'll drill a hole deep enough to hit oil.

Of course, you should keep in mind that of course you're not bothered, you were the ones serving the divorce papers.
[/quote]
I have no idea what any of that means, but uh, okay.

Refer to my previous two posts for the reality of the situation.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1286335882' post='2476830']
While everyone just cancelling everything would be rash and impractical, I think we'd do Planet Bob a world of good if all the large alliances just cleaned the treaty slate and figured out exactly where we want the treaty web to go and where we want to factor in it.
[/quote]

Agreed there are far to many redundant treaties out there, surprisingly I don't think this applies to a number of treaties cancelled by MK and thus it is a rather unorthodox way of re-arranging your foreign policy. I actually quite like it. :ehm:

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1286335224' post='2476809']
I am not in government, so my word isn't law in terms of our foreign policy direction. My role is essentially that of a glorified diplomat. However, I am willing to offer my interpretation.

Commentators are obviously going to read into this in whatever particular way fits their political views. This fact has been clearly demonstrated in this very discussion thread. [b]The reality of the situation is that over the past three months, there has been mounting pressure from all levels of the Kingdom for our alliance to be proactive in changing those things that we see as deleterious to the Cyberverse as a whole.[/b] What Archon has stated regarding the treaty web strangling and stifling Cyberverse affairs is essentially correct, and played a significant role in our decision. More generally, however, we have realised that prompting widespread change requires us to forge an entirely new vision for our alliance. This is a vision that is still under construction. There will be some that agree and will want to take part in working constructively with us towards achieving that vision, and we will not limit ourselves to only associating with alliances we previously had a treaty with. On the other hand, there will be others that disagree with our new vision, and this is unfortunate but inevitable. Essentially, re-establishing relationships will be a two way street, where both parties will have to meet in the middle.

As far as the first alliance we sign with being considered a favourite, I am not overly concerned. My prediction is that we will be looking to reconstruct a relationship with LOST first. This should be no surprise to anyone, as LOST are our oldest friends; an alliance we held an MADP with outside of Complaints and Grievances. Perhaps there is a little favouritism there, but I do not think any rational alliance would be too worried by it.
[/quote]
My admin...that was the same thing happening in TOP few months before the WWE and until the bi-polar war. :o

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1286330870' post='2476690']
More !@#$%* logs.

http://!@#$%*.com/pdgKcfRt

Things just get more and more interesting.

Edited out a few "inappropriate" words.
[/quote]

So a conversation between a NON-Athens member and a NORMAL Athens member is what passes for drama for you?

Let me clear up a couple things for you. Athens... isnt going anywhere.

CnG isnt going anywhere.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' timestamp='1286283677' post='2475875']
I don't know if anyone else has posted MK's updated treaty web?

[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/sotth5.jpg[/img]

The planes are MADPs and hospitals are PIATs. Let me know what you think!!
[/quote]
Courts > Hospitals

[quote name='ROMMELHSQ' timestamp='1286285254' post='2475897']
I was thinking more along that...
[/quote]
I've seen this pop up a couple of times now. It defies logic. Do you really believe the line of thinking was that this was the way to go as it would somehow soften the blow of a weakening of ties? How do you deduce that Polar (the example you gave) would feel any better towards us by virtue of the fact that we cancelled on everyone only to re-sign with everyone [i]but[/i] them? The alternative is, of course, merely serving Polar notice of the cancellation. I imagine the former would be conducive to more ill-feeling, not less.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1286332166' post='2476713']
Someone needs to secure their logs...
[/quote]
Athens has been using !@#$%* for ages. Londo stopped using it a while back, but apparently the disease has spread to others there.

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1286335691' post='2476820']
In before NPO/FAN/MK bloc on 10.10.10.
[/quote]
Stop taking my suggestions seriously :awesome:

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1286335224' post='2476809']
I am not in government, so my word isn't law in terms of our foreign policy direction. My role is essentially that of a glorified diplomat. However, I am willing to offer my interpretation.

Commentators are obviously going to read into this in whatever particular way fits their political views. This fact has been clearly demonstrated in this very discussion thread. The reality of the situation is that over the past three months, there has been mounting pressure from all levels of the Kingdom for our alliance to be proactive in changing those things that we see as deleterious to the Cyberverse as a whole. What Archon has stated regarding the treaty web strangling and stifling Cyberverse affairs is essentially correct, and played a significant role in our decision. More generally, however, we have realised that prompting widespread change requires us to forge an entirely new vision for our alliance. This is a vision that is still under construction. There will be some that agree and will want to take part in working constructively with us towards achieving that vision, and we will not limit ourselves to only associating with alliances we previously had a treaty with. On the other hand, there will be others that disagree with our new vision, and this is unfortunate but inevitable. Essentially, re-establishing relationships will be a two way street, where both parties will have to meet in the middle.

As far as the first alliance we sign with being considered a favourite, [b]I am not overly concerned. My prediction is that we will be looking to reconstruct a relationship with LOST first. This should be no surprise to anyone, as LOST are our oldest friends; an alliance we held an MADP with outside of Complaints and Grievances. Perhaps there is a little favouritism there, but I do not think any rational alliance would be too worried by it.[/b]
[/quote]

As the leader of a rational alliance, I am very worried about it. :wub:

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1286380550' post='2477210']
Your disdain for us, motivates me.
[/quote]

Nice to know that I'm motivating you, nobody can say that I never helped an Athenian ^_^

Edited by D34th