An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

[quote]Give it a rest, Bob. We aren't sitting here waiting for the moment that one of them gets separated from the pack to step out of the shadows and strike them down, horror villain style. You'll probably want to find a more persuasive line to keep everyone unified these days. [/quote]
Well, MK is a historic enemy of yours. If you're really not considering it (though I agree with the later analysts who suggested it would be a bad idea to actually [i]do[/i] it), then I am surprised. I would be if one of my historic enemies isolated themselves from the web.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was disappointed when no one had actually made the joke I made in the Pandora's Box topic, but maybe I'll be lucky in being unoriginal by throwing around Gre 2.0 here. Don't let me down, OWF. :((

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1286322364' post='2476488']
I was disappointed when no one had actually made the joke I made in the Pandora's Box topic, but maybe I'll be lucky in being unoriginal by throwing around Gre 2.0 here. Don't let me down, OWF. :((
[/quote]

Haf beat you to it. :)

Edit: I just realized your avatar changes everytime there's a refresh, that was driving me crazy.

Edited by Thrash

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1286318475' post='2476407']
Well, MK is a historic enemy of yours. If you're really not considering it (though I agree with the later analysts who suggested it would be a bad idea to actually [i]do[/i] it), then I am surprised. I would be if one of my historic enemies isolated themselves from the web.
[/quote]

Per isolated you mean almost all of their former allies stating in this thread that they will defend MK if someone attacks them? Doesn't looks much isolated for me...

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1286322506' post='2476493']
Haf beat you to it. :)

Edit: I just realized your avatar changes everytime there's a refresh, that was driving me crazy.
[/quote]
Good, now I have less desire to read 20 pages straight.

OOC: I've got one for my sig too, but it's a little bit too much for these boards. :P It's on yours though. :v:

Edited by Locke

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1286323117' post='2476503']
Per isolated you mean almost all of their former allies stating in this thread that they will defend MK if someone attacks them? Doesn't looks much isolated for me...
[/quote]

I think we'll all defend them until we see where they are going next. And I think the offer is only good for so long. They can't just sit in this treatyless state forever and expect all of us to come to their aid.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1286324727' post='2476558']
They can't just sit in this treatyless state forever and expect all of us to come to their aid.
[/quote]

I know and they wont, this is just temporary, I bet they will sign treaties again very soon.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1286323124' post='2476505']
Good, now I have less desire to read 20 pages straight.
[/quote]

If not the 20 pages sprinkled with reminders that MK is NOT going paperless, at least reread the OP (I'll spoil it for you: MK is NOT going paperless, a la Grämlins; it's a treaty reset). ;)

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1286318475' post='2476407']
[/quote]

Bob, you can't possibly believe that anyone, much less Pacifica, would be so stupid as to do something like this. Even entertaining the idea beyond something more than a conversation point and a chance to chuckle would be far-fetched. The screaming hordes would be right back at the gates all over again with cries of "Hegemony!" and torches. WC is right, the rhetoric is getting old. It's time to find a new boogeyman because the old one just isn't coming out to play right now.

More !@#$%* logs.

http://!@#$%*.com/pdgKcfRt

[quote]9.[18:24] <Kazeki> Athens is $%&@ed without MK
10.[18:26] <Kazeki> next GW, athens will be in worse shape than it was after noCB
11.[19:42] <Corrupt[Athens]> Personally I don't really care
12.[19:42] <Corrupt[Athens]> I'm quitting this [b]****[/b]
13.[19:42] <Corrupt[Athens]> that pissed me off more than anything in this [b]****[/b]
14.[19:43] <Corrupt[Athens]> and lately when things go well
15.[19:43] <Corrupt[Athens]> its boring
16.[19:43] <Corrupt[Athens]> when they don't
17.[19:43] <Corrupt[Athens]> its annoying
18.[19:43] <Kazeki> prolly a good idea
19.[19:43] <Corrupt[Athens]> yeah
20.[19:43] <Kazeki> gbye
21.[19:43] <Kazeki> and yeh, cn is pretty boring
22.[19:43] <Kazeki> not going to lie
23.[19:43] <Corrupt[Athens]> 4 years of this and it ends in utter !@#$%^&*
24.[19:44] <Kazeki> mk isn't perma dropping athens at this point
25.[19:44] <Kazeki> if you're reacting to that
26.[19:44] <Corrupt[Athens]> no
27.[19:44] <Corrupt[Athens]> its CnG in general
28.[19:44] <Corrupt[Athens]> tbh
29.[19:44] <Corrupt[Athens]> Athens by itself
30.[19:44] <Corrupt[Athens]> might be fair
31.[19:44] <Corrupt[Athens]> but !@#$@#$ over CnG as a whole
32.[19:44] <Corrupt[Athens]> is what has me pissed
33.[19:44] <Corrupt[Athens]> especially if rumor is true
34.[19:44] <Kazeki> CnG is pretty much ober
35.[19:44] <Corrupt[Athens]> and they are !@#$@#$ over FoB and GR
36.[19:44] <Kazeki> *over
37.[19:44] <Corrupt[Athens]> yeah well considering you weren't in it from the hard times
38.[19:44] <Corrupt[Athens]> you don't really get it
39.[19:45] <Corrupt[Athens]> you came in later with the DE merge right?
40.[19:45] <Kazeki> yeh
41.[19:45] <Corrupt[Athens]> yeah so you wouldn't understand why CnG is important
42.[19:45] <Corrupt[Athens]> to you its just another block
43.[19:45] <Kazeki> ...just glad I'm in umb
44.[19:45] <Kazeki> I don't
45.[19:45] <Corrupt[Athens]> all of us joined CNG pretty much stating "hey MK we're supporting you even though we know we might be forcibly disbanded after this"
46.[19:46] <Corrupt[Athens]> and of course a few bored gov members in MK
47.[19:46] <Corrupt[Athens]> just decided to throw that away
48.[19:46] <Corrupt[Athens]> to make the game interesting
49.[19:46] <Corrupt[Athens]> better ways to do that
50.[19:46] <Corrupt[Athens]> literally
51.[19:46] <Corrupt[Athens]> you should have read the cancellation notice we recieved
52.[19:46] <Corrupt[Athens]> it was a !@#$@#$ joke
53.[19:47] <Corrupt[Athens]> literally Unsure said MK is SHUTTING DOWN ALL TEH TREATIES
54.[19:47] <Corrupt[Athens]> thats how 2 years of brotherhood was ended
55.[19:48] <Corrupt[Athens]> so they can $%&@ off
56.[19:48] <Kazeki> how else should they have told you?
57.[19:48] <Corrupt[Athens]> well considering how important it was
58.[19:48] <Corrupt[Athens]> they should have came to us first
59.[19:48] <Corrupt[Athens]> hell most of us heard this via other sources
60.[19:48] <Corrupt[Athens]> you think they'd tell their closest allies first
61.[19:48] <Corrupt[Athens]> but no it was leaked via GOONs
62.[19:48] <Kazeki> you aren't their closest allies
63.[19:49] <Corrupt[Athens]> obviously
64.[19:49] <Kazeki> tbqh
65.[19:49] <Corrupt[Athens]> we should be though considering everything
66.[19:49] <Kazeki> you may be their most dedicated
67.[19:49] <Corrupt[Athens]> hell even =LOST=
68.[19:49] <Corrupt[Athens]> their oldest ally
69.[19:49] <Corrupt[Athens]> was in the dark
70.[19:49] <Corrupt[Athens]> just like Athens
71.[19:49] <Corrupt[Athens]> and considering that the main people who enacted this plan
72.[19:49] <Corrupt[Athens]> dissapeared
73.[19:49] <Corrupt[Athens]> completely
74.[19:50] <Corrupt[Athens]> no one knew what the $%&@ was going on
75.[19:50] <Corrupt[Athens]> Considering Umbrella didn't have to put up with MK being black lsited by Q and NPO
76.[19:50] <Corrupt[Athens]> and only tagged on after MK got powerful
77.[19:50] <Corrupt[Athens]> it would make sense you wouldn't really get it
78.[19:51] <Corrupt[Athens]> I take it personal that their oldest allies who have been around before Mk was the hot !@#$
79.[19:51] <Corrupt[Athens]> got let go
80.[19:51] <Corrupt[Athens]> just that quickly
81.[19:51] <Corrupt[Athens]> like it was nothing else
82.[19:51] <Corrupt[Athens]> The only thing I've seen close to that
83.[19:51] <Corrupt[Athens]> was NPO backstabbing NpO
84.[19:51] <Corrupt[Athens]> except NpO sort of deserved it
85.[19:51] <Corrupt[Athens]> since Sponge admitted they were out to Undermine NPO's position
86.[19:52] <Corrupt[Athens]> CnG has done nothing but give MK a 100% backing no matter what
87.[19:52] <Corrupt[Athens]> and this is how it ends?
88.[19:52] <Corrupt[Athens]> really its disgusting[/quote]

Things just get more and more interesting.

Edited out a few "inappropriate" words.

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1286332166' post='2476713']
Someone needs to secure their logs...
[/quote]
If you open the actual link, the title to the logs is: Wonder when this will end up on the owf. I don't believe that securing these logs was a very high priority.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1286325464' post='2476579']
If not the 20 pages sprinkled with reminders that MK is NOT going paperless, at least reread the OP (I'll spoil it for you: MK is NOT going paperless, a la Grämlins; it's a treaty reset). ;)
[/quote]
Well, I only had about...30 seconds or so spend reading the OP (OOC: Only had my Zune to do so, kind of a pain to read anything long on it), so yeah, I guess I'll have to now. Pity. :mellow:

[quote name='afslav' timestamp='1286332866' post='2476740']
I found it interesting. Sorry not everyone else wants to participate with brushing this stuff under the rug so it won't be noticed that your former allies feel betrayed.
[/quote]
In case you hadn't realised "Corrupt" is not "Athens". As you would be well aware, an alliance is made up of a diverse range of personalities. We are dealing with a massive foreign affairs change that has an impact upon literally hundreds of nations. It is inevitable that some will react the way that Corrupt has. We openly acknowledge that there have been sections within former allies who have raised concerns about our choice to cancel each of our treaties. On the whole, however, our decision has been met with a high level of understanding and rationality. Some of the concerns raised are valid, some are not. What we have found is that the valid concerns are largely a result of miscommunication; something that we are in the process of fixing.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1286333278' post='2476757']
In case you hadn't realised "Corrupt" is not "Athens". As you would be well aware, an alliance is made up of a diverse range of personalities. We are dealing with a massive foreign affairs change that has an impact upon literally hundreds of nations. It is inevitable that some will react the way that Corrupt has. We openly acknowledge that there have been sections within former allies who have raised concerns about our choice to cancel each of our treaties. On the whole, however, our decision has been met with a high level of understanding and rationality. Some of the concerns raised are valid, some are not. What we have found is that the valid concerns are largely a result of miscommunication; something that we are in the process of fixing.
[/quote]

Nice PRing there. You have my compliments. :)

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1286333278' post='2476757']
[/quote]

Speaking of concerns. How concerned are you that the first alliance you sign with will be seen as a MK "favorite". I would think that the closest allies would be the easiest to sign. That may cause some mis-givings with those left waiting in the wings.

Going a bit further with that, if you guys think your FA stance needed some trimming. Who's going to end up on the cutting room floor as it were?

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1286333543' post='2476769']
Speaking of concerns. How concerned are you that the first alliance you sign with will be seen as a MK "favorite". I would think that the closest allies would be the easiest to sign. That may cause some mis-givings with those left waiting in the wings.

Going a bit further with that, if you guys think your FA stance needed some trimming. Who's going to end up on the cutting room floor as it were?
[/quote]

I don't think he's very concerned; everyone knows Aloha is MK's favorite. Hell, we're everybody's favorite. We're Legion's favorite and we wouldn't even consider signing a treaty with you.

[b]EDIT:[/b] I'll save us the next two posts ...

[color="#FF0000"]YOU:[/color] You're not our favorite.

[color="#0000FF"]ME:[/color] Yes, we are. We're everybody's favorite.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1286333543' post='2476769']

[/quote]
I am not in government, so my word isn't law in terms of our foreign policy direction. My role is essentially that of a glorified diplomat. However, I am willing to offer my interpretation.

Commentators are obviously going to read into this in whatever particular way fits their political views. This fact has been clearly demonstrated in this very discussion thread. The reality of the situation is that over the past three months, there has been mounting pressure from all levels of the Kingdom for our alliance to be proactive in changing those things that we see as deleterious to the Cyberverse as a whole. What Archon has stated regarding the treaty web strangling and stifling Cyberverse affairs is essentially correct, and played a significant role in our decision. More generally, however, we have realised that prompting widespread change requires us to forge an entirely new vision for our alliance. This is a vision that is still under construction. There will be some that agree and will want to take part in working constructively with us towards achieving that vision, and we will not limit ourselves to only associating with alliances we previously had a treaty with. On the other hand, there will be others that disagree with our new vision, and this is unfortunate but inevitable. Essentially, re-establishing relationships will be a two way street, where both parties will have to meet in the middle.

As far as the first alliance we sign with being considered a favourite, I am not overly concerned. My prediction is that we will be looking to reconstruct a relationship with LOST first. This should be no surprise to anyone, as LOST are our oldest friends; an alliance we held an MADP with outside of Complaints and Grievances. Perhaps there is a little favouritism there, but I do not think any rational alliance would be too worried by it.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1286334099' post='2476782']
I don't think he's very concerned; everyone knows Aloha is MK's favorite. Hell, we're everybody's favorite. We're Legion's favorite and we wouldn't even consider signing a treaty with you.

[/quote]

You're not our favorite.

Edited by Jim Bob the Glorious