Official Independent Republic of Orange Nations Announcement

peron

Brickyard don't have a go at IRON when you left us, surrendered and joined GPA in the middle of the last war. Hope u are enjoying MK, just hope they don't expect loyalty from you if they are losing a war.

Anyway Mcrabt u will do a great job leading us into the future.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='cristoir' timestamp='1285537053' post='2465497']
Brickyard don't have a go at IRON when you left us, surrendered and joined GPA in the middle of the last war. Hope u are enjoying MK, just hope they don't expect loyalty from you if they are losing a war.

Anyway Mcrabt u will do a great job leading us into the future.
[/quote]

I find it interesting you know enough about me to criticize when this is the first Ive ever heard of you. I fought to the hilt in Karma, and was easily one of the most active nations in terms of wars in the entire alliance. When war on C&G was declared, I completely disagreed with it, and therefore abstained. I left because I wanted nothing to do with a war that had no CB. IRON losing had nothing to do with me leaving, I made up my mind the moment I learned councils plans. I entertained the notion of joining back up when I thought things would be different afterwards, and was wrong, so I left permanently. Get your facts straight and dont presume to know my level of loyalty to MK.

This conversation has already been resolved and I dont see why youre continuing it. Leave it be.

Edited by brickyard

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1285468466' post='2464810']Even taking up Voytek's ursarker fad, lol.[/quote]
Would you prefer ReaperBoi?

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1285504248' post='2465106']Or maybe i'm just being silly :blush:[/quote]
Yeah, "maybe".

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='brickyard' timestamp='1285539496' post='2465523']
I find it interesting you know enough about me to criticize when this is the first Ive ever heard of you. I fought to the hilt in Karma, and was easily one of the most active nations in terms of wars in the entire alliance. When war on C&G was declared, I completely disagreed with it, and therefore abstained. I left because I wanted nothing to do with a war that had no CB. IRON losing had nothing to do with me leaving, I made up my mind the moment I learned councils plans. I entertained the notion of joining back up when I thought things would be different afterwards, and was wrong, so I left permanently. Get your facts straight and dont presume to know my level of loyalty to MK.

This conversation has already been resolved and I dont see why youre continuing it. Leave it be.
[/quote]

You left your alliance during a war because you didn't want to fight it. Afterward, you came back. IRON is better off without you. Sounds to me like MK would be too.

[quote name='brickyard' timestamp='1285539496' post='2465523']

[/quote]

I completely respect the reasoning behind what you did, but you leave yourself open to criticism if you don't fight for your alliance in a war. People will call you a deserter even if you haven't been a coward. Therefore, it's better to fight for your alliance in a war, then leave afterwards if you have an issue with what they've done.

Personally, I think it's also important to choose an alliance which you know in advance won't do something retarded, like what TOP and IRON did. Fortunately, MK doesn't have a history of doing stupid things, so I think you're good there.

Leave off, Pezstar. <_<

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1285546522' post='2465621']
I completely respect the reasoning behind what you did, but you leave yourself open to criticism if you don't fight for your alliance in a war. People will call you a deserter even if you haven't been a coward. Therefore, it's better to fight for your alliance in a war, then leave afterwards if you have an issue with what they've done.

Personally, I think it's also important to choose an alliance which you know in advance won't do something retarded, like what TOP and IRON did. Fortunately, MK doesn't have a history of doing stupid things, so I think you're good there.

Leave off, Pezstar. <_<
[/quote]

Totally understood, and I expected as much. The only thing I can say to defend myself is that I fought in karma(where there was no chance of victory) and after I came back, against Grams. If/when MK goes to war, they will see how serious I am that I will defend the alliance. The community is awesome, and a much better fit than IRON ever was.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1285546522' post='2465621']

Leave off, Pezstar. <_<
[/quote]

It's an open discussion forum, Kalasin. Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean I have to shut up.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1285548131' post='2465643']
It's an open discussion forum, Kalasin. Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean I have to shut up.
[/quote]

Perhaps I'm the only one, but I'm pretty sick of your attempts to assert your moral superiority over everyone at every available opportunity!

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1285548269' post='2465648']
Perhaps I'm the only one, but I'm pretty sick of your attempts to assert your moral superiority over everyone at every available opportunity!
[/quote]

I made the exact same point you did. I just wasn't as nice about it.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1285553616' post='2465713']
I made the exact same point you did. I just wasn't as nice about it.
[/quote]

I didn't condemn what he did. I simply told him if he'd wanted to avoid criticism, he should've left after the war.

Whatever. I don't mean to troll you, I just don't think he deserves half the flak he's getting.

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1285504248' post='2465106']
I'm sure IRON and TOP relations will suffer no burden from my Presidency, but really this same old tired tripe again? Spare me.
[/quote]
Why the $%&@ didn't you consult MK before this??
TOP-IRON relations: -50

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1285555575' post='2465744']
I didn't condemn what he did. I simply told him if he'd wanted to avoid criticism, he should've left after the war.

Whatever. I don't mean to troll you, I just don't think he deserves half the flak he's getting.
[/quote]
pezstar is right, you're wrong, end of argument.

Also I'm glad that someone finally made a thread to resolve the lingering and long festering debate over whether or not brickyard's actions or words were or are justified. For too long has this issue clouded the cyberverse. Perhaps now the brickyard chronicles will finally be complete and we can all move forward.

All this talk of potential reconciliation between Mushroom Kingdom and IRON is a little sickening, to be honest. Personally, I hope the rather hostile relationship continues. A Cyberverse where everyone gets along is not an entertaining Cyberverse. As for the MCRABT accusation that Mushroom Kingdom criticises every alliance outside of our supposed 'sphere of influence', so what if we do? We criticise for good reason; the alliances on the receiving end are objectively terrible. I have never been a fan of the "do something about it" response, but this is a case where it is warranted. However, I mean to use the 'do something about it' in a somewhat constructive way. If what you say is true, MCRABT, and Mushroom Kingdom does indeed criticise a wide range of alliances and create hostility, why don't you use that created hostility to your advantage? How about you discover the testicular fortitude and capacity for independent thought that your alliance has always lacked, work out how to do that whole 'leading' and 'diplomacy' stuff, and forge an opposing force of parties whose delicate sensibilities have been so impugned.

[quote name='O-Dog' timestamp='1285679760' post='2466807']
We get it, already. You once demanded justice and now you're wearing the crown.
[/quote]
What in the hell does that even have to do with what I just said?

Anyway, we'll ignore the fact that you utterly failed to offer a response that contained even a scrap of relevance to any of the issues I raised. In direct response to you, I have always been consistent with my contentions. When I was on the 'losing side', I urged people to grow a pair and stand up for themselves. Now that I am on the 'winning side', I am calling for the very same thing. How dare I expect people that are disgruntled with the current status quo actually move past impotent whining and tired propaganda lines, and instead use some strategy and creativity to improve their position!

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1285680064' post='2466809']
You must be new around here: MK has always criticized its opponents and Denial has always been like that.
[/quote]

Long enough to remember Denial from the Vanguard forming days.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1285680547' post='2466813']
What in the hell does that even have to do with what I just said?
[/quote]

On the losing side and seeking redress from the NPO, you always used a lot of words to whine about the other side. You now do just the same, but with the added 'come do something about it' arrogance of power. Hence the adaptation of a quote some man made in some other world.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1285671692' post='2466772']
All this talk of potential reconciliation between Mushroom Kingdom and IRON is a little sickening, to be honest. Personally, I hope the rather hostile relationship continues. A Cyberverse where everyone gets along is not an entertaining Cyberverse. As for the MCRABT accusation that Mushroom Kingdom criticises every alliance outside of our supposed 'sphere of influence', so what if we do? We criticise for good reason; the alliances on the receiving end are objectively terrible. I have never been a fan of the "do something about it" response, but this is a case where it is warranted. However, I mean to use the 'do something about it' in a somewhat constructive way. If what you say is true, MCRABT, and Mushroom Kingdom does indeed criticise a wide range of alliances and create hostility, why don't you use that created hostility to your advantage? How about you discover the testicular fortitude and capacity for independent thought that your alliance has always lacked, work out how to do that whole 'leading' and 'diplomacy' stuff, and forge an opposing force of parties whose delicate sensibilities have been so impugned.
[/quote]

I'm sure regardless of the relationship shared between IRON and MK, you will never be short of someone to project your superiority complex upon, in this regard I would not be overly concerned about your "entertainment" drying up in the near future. You criticize for good reason yet you aim for hostility in order to satisfy your need for entertainment. I must have missed the memo that informed Bob that criticizing to create hostility was "for good reason".

Your perception of "objectivity" seems succinctly subjective to me my good sir, how can you possibly create and objective point of view when you are driven by a personal agenda such as the one detailed above?

IRON has never lacked independent thought, to the contrary we have always pursued our own agenda regardless of how you and your subjective objectivity would like to present us. I do concur however that we a have not done nearly enough to advertise the positive facets of our culture, we have let the propaganda go untackled and for that we have paid the price.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1285671692' post='2466772']
[/quote]

This is your justification for the constant, exaggerated hostility behavior you show other alliances? The absolute you're using of not getting along making things entertaining may be true, but that doesn't have to mean disrespect and hostility. The alliances on the receiving end are not 'objectively terrible' - that's just your opinion and no, having it doesn't give you the right to behave with such negativity towards a community that plays the game in a different manner or is located at a rival sphere of influence.