OWF Edition WAE

Chickenzilla

671 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1284260588' post='2450515']
I don't see them in the "championship" or "3rd place". They took the results from the MK boards and basically put them on the OWF.

Also, my point was that it's rather silly and immature to have these polls in OOC forums with no objective (read: non-IC) standards by which we can evaluate them. The whole "contest" is characterized by IC arguments (look at the contest on the MK boards or just look at some of the reasons that people put here). If you don't like someone IC, don't drag it over to OOC.
[/quote]

Who cares what forum it's in. Things IC are discussed here all the time, get over it.

And those alliances aren't in the championship because people don't think they're bad.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1284262347' post='2450548']
Who cares what forum it's in. Things IC are discussed here all the time, get over it.

And those alliances aren't in the championship because people don't think they're bad.
[/quote]

You're still missing the point. People are taking IC rivalries into OOC, which is rather immature. I would think that most people here would be mature enough to know that this is a game and that they shouldn't get upset for what happens in the game. However, as this poll so excellently demonstrates, people do have trouble differentiating between IC acts and OOC acts. It's like holding a grudge against someone because they beat you in a certain sports game. It's bad sportsmanship.

Also, do note that the competition was held on the MK boards, which isn't really what I would say a representative of the whole OWF. So I doubt that everyone thinks that the alliances in the "top" are bad.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1284262604' post='2450561']
You're still missing the point. People are taking IC rivalries into OOC, which is rather immature. I would think that most people here would be mature enough to know that this is a game and that they shouldn't get upset for what happens in the game. However, as this poll so excellently demonstrates, people do have trouble differentiating between IC acts and OOC acts. It's like holding a grudge against someone because they beat you in a certain sports game. It's bad sportsmanship.

Also, do note that the competition was held on the MK boards, which isn't really what I would say a representative of the whole OWF. So I doubt that everyone thinks that the alliances in the "top" are bad.
[/quote]

Most topics on the OWRP are IC. But I don't see you whining in them.

And the competition was announced on the OWF so everyone knew about it.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1284262604' post='2450561']
[/quote]That's what the 3rd poll is for. Many of the alliances there didn't make the final 16, and a couple weren't even nominated for the initial 64.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1284263144' post='2450576']
Most topics on the OWRP are IC. But I don't see you whining in them.

And the competition was announced on the OWF so everyone knew about it.
[/quote]

That's because I don't have the time to point out every IC discussion in the OWRP. This was sort of a glaring example of taking IC too far.

But polls are the only way to make their sad pathetic existences feel anything at all. Voted for NATO because we have sucked for over 4 years, through several wars and several break off alliances. Because we make all the bad choices, and don't show an urge to belittle and demean other alliances and nations ALL the time. We suck because we are having fun and these polls only mean we win either way. And our little mascot CZ make us enjoy how much we yank his chain 24/7/365. Voted for Legion because they are loving this as much as we are.

Surely you guys are not all 12. there must be at least one professional out there who wants to come here day after day and "act" like a true diplomat to friends [u]and[/u] foes. All you sticky children running around with scissors should take a looooong look in the mirror and realize, not everyone hates you and that trying to be a positive factor here could make you fell better about yourself.

Now go vote for NATO, this should boost us well with all the low self opinionated out there who feed on negativity and pessimism. I want 3rd. give it to me!

o/ CN and the real players out there.

write in vote: enough IS enough

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1284260588' post='2450515']
I don't see them in the "championship" or "3rd place". They took the results from the MK boards and basically put them on the OWF.

Also, my point was that it's rather silly and immature to have these polls in OOC forums with no objective (read: non-IC) standards by which we can evaluate them. The whole "contest" is characterized by IC arguments (look at the contest on the MK boards or just look at some of the reasons that people put here). If you don't like someone IC, don't drag it over to OOC.
[/quote]
Some of those alliances weren't even in the MK competition as they weren't nominated. As for the OOC/IC divide, it is perfectly acceptable for a player to think an alliance is the 'worst alliance ever.' If this competition were completely IC then alliances like TOP and the NPO would surely have lasted much longer in the competition on MK's boards.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1284261339' post='2450528']
Were you ever around for TSO?[/quote]
hehe.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1284264698' post='2450610']
Some of those alliances weren't even in the MK competition as they weren't nominated. As for the OOC/IC divide, it is perfectly acceptable for a player to think an alliance is the 'worst alliance ever.' If this competition were completely IC then alliances like TOP and the NPO would surely have lasted much longer in the competition on MK's boards.
[/quote]

Of course it is acceptable for an individual to think that a certain alliance is "worst alliance ever" in IC or in OOC. The problem is that this is an OOC contest that uses IC justifications. Players judge according to whom they are treatied or with whom they are enemies, a rather IC reason. Then they extrapolate these thoughts into OOC and vote. It's this muddling of OOC and IC that I dislike. What I would suggest is having a standard by which players can vote. Something akin to a rubric that is either IC or OOC.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1284266943' post='2450656']
Of course it is acceptable for an individual to think that a certain alliance is "worst alliance ever" in IC or in OOC. The problem is that this is an OOC contest that uses IC justifications. Players judge according to whom they are treatied or with whom they are enemies, a rather IC reason. Then they extrapolate these thoughts into OOC and vote. It's this muddling of OOC and IC that I dislike. What I would suggest is having a standard by which players can vote. Something akin to a rubric that is either IC or OOC.
[/quote]

Which is why UPN an alliance that is allied to 2 different MK allies one of which is in CnG was eliminated in the first round and in no way managed to defeat a MK favorite NSO.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1284260097' post='2450500']
This poll serves no purpose but to insult and poke fun at the IC enemies of MK and co. It's rather disappointing to see this poll in an OOC forum; it indicates that the creators of this "contest" are not mature enough to keep their IC rivalries IC.
[/quote]

Or the aforementioned alliances really are just as awful as the "vox populi" here is saying.

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' timestamp='1284289602' post='2450849']
Invicta, NATO, Invicta. The way LOLegion handled themselves with that thread nearly made me change my mind, but then I remembered Gobbs post and had to vote Invicta again.
[/quote]

What on earth did Gobb do? :huh: I must've missed it.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1284269614' post='2450683']
Biased poll, didn't bother.
[/quote]
How exactly is it biased, somebody you don't like posted it?

Moreover if anyone voted MK they clearly don't understand the concept of 'WAE', no matter how you slice it MK has been one of the most successful alliances to date.

Edited by Sardonic