The Third Court

Sargun II

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1286685872' post='2480166']
...need I say anything?
[/quote]
I have used that character in the past in the exact same method. No need to bring this up to the mods.

For your info, we have vampires (Kaiser Martens) and cat people (Lynneth). This is nothing unusual.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Karl Martin' timestamp='1286686104' post='2480168']
I have used that character in the past in the exact same method. No need to bring this up to the mods.

For your info, we have vampires (Kaiser Martens) and cat people (Lynneth). This is nothing unusual.
[/quote]
And neither of those should exist in CNRP in my opinion. I never said I endorsed those two, I am questioning how you had a [b]catboy teleporting into and out of a state official's office.[/b]

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1286686230' post='2480173']
And neither of those should exist in CNRP in my opinion. I never said I endorsed those two, I am questioning how you had a [b]catboy teleporting into and out of a state official's office.[/b]
[/quote]

As far as everyone is concerned, they categorically [b]do not[/b] exist in CNRP. Karl sending a teleporting cat boy to deliver the message is equivalent to it being sent via conventional channels. In CNRP we treat idiotic things like this like we do typos... just ignore them and try to understand what is being conveyed.

Teleporting is one of those things that is, at [i]most[/i], semi-canon. Usually completely non-canon, unless you're going for CNRP-Heroes.

And the only time it is even close to canon is with MUTUAL CONSENT of all who are affected an/or witness the event. If not, it has to have at least a possibly mundane explanation, as with Mael's dragon pendants supposedly allowing their wearer to see the dead spirit of Maelstrom.

And genetic manipulation has ALWAYS required EXTENSIVE RP.

[quote name='Karl Martin' timestamp='1286686104' post='2480168']

For your info, we have vampires (Kaiser Martens) and [b]cat people (Lynneth)[/b]. This is nothing unusual.
[/quote]
I'd like to emphasise that one of the two had the ears and tail grafted on while the other required extensive and potentially lethal changes to their genetic structure before birth.
I also practically never mention them having those traits and am totally fine with people not recognising them.
:v:

Edited by Lynneth

I hate to do this with what has been a relatively clean war so far, but I need to ask a GM ruling on the god-moding in both Mykep's and KingChris' latest posts in the "Time Card" thread.

I will provide examples below.

First, I am wondering where the RP for all of these suddenly elaborate defenses is. The mined roads. The C4 in national parks. The sniper rails on the beaches. Mining roads where you think the enemy will advance is all well and good, but I have seen no RP to justify the large-scale mining of roads and bridges that just happens to be in front of our advance at every turn. And mining trees in a national forest with C4? Please.

For examples now.

[quote]With the sniper rifles, as well as remote IEDs established on bridges, as well as other hidden roadside sites to halt the invasion, the convoys were halted, and the snipers began pelting the trapped forces until they retreated.

Reinforcements packed with more anti-aircraft ammunition dispersed the Mongooses above, and that decided to retaliate.

With their anti-air, they took out the AC-130s, only to be casualties themselves.

The afternoon after he left, Brittany received a knock on the door. It was another enlisted soldier. She wondered if he knew Dylan. However the soldier wasn’t there to speak about Dylan. Instead, he replied, “Are you willing to risk your life to stop the incoming Imperialists?” Brittany took a quick glance at her children, thought for a moment, and affirmed. The trooper handed her a Ruger LCP and answered, “If and when the Imperialists come and barge through your house, shoot those scum with this.” He left before she could respond. Around all border regions still under US control, thousands of families received the same experience.[/quote]

In the first, second, and third examples, I am being told what my casualties are. That my invasion is halted, that my planes are dispersed, and that my planes are shot down. Blatant god-moding.

In the final example, we have civilians being armed, another major no-no.

There are also practically zero accounts of casualties of any kind from either Mykep or KingChris throughout either of their posts.

Further, and I just noticed this, KingChris has a total of just over 50 tech, meaning everything he is using should be Cold War or older (since each player is required to maintain their own armies, etc.)

No Javelins (1996-present)
No Lightweight M777 howitzer (2005-present)

I am asking for a GM ruling on the god-modding and the lack of casualties. Thank you.

Edited by Pravus Ingruo

I'll give them the sniper rifles, because honestly it's just men and it's common sense to have some sort of defense, in the event of advances, but the mining and planting of C4 are wiped [b]unless[/b] they can come and show me where they did it in the past. Further, disregard any casualty reports and do them yourself. The last part is gone as well. In addition, KingChris [b]you will [/b]have to RP your tech at a low level unless you can give evidence of a long-term technological merging with mykep, in which case he will have to RP his tech at a slightly lower level.

Come on, guys, this is simple stuff.

Edited by Sargun

From what I've seen, tech sharing has been allowed in this nation for awhile. Even HHYAD has shared tech with Mael, technology that i still use. Now there really hasnt been any evidence of me sharing with KingChris, but I dont believe it would be fair if members of the USA wouldnt be able to use roleplays of another member who was there in the past. We've had a merger, and have shared government members where even Michigan_owns held the Secretary of Defense office. We never got around to writing that roleplay that allowed for us to have a military project together, but if we have a joint government, shouldnt that qualify for us to have a joint military as well? A military that has been ever changing considering it has had several people come and go in the past couple of months where several of those members have had advanced tech?

As for the casualties, Ive mostly allowed for SMH to give a sentence that had the casualties as either light or heavy which I use for a basis of my own. I plan to put a number on it today. In the first example, I am not really given anything more than "people went foward" and I guess I was being too generous with not allowing them to fall off a cliff. I know that it might be asking for too much, but when you try to invade a country through corridors of woods, tied off with bridges, you really cant do much other than move foward and back. Next example: I RPed that my helicopters were shot down, I RPed that his dispersed when they saw reinforcements with anti aircraft. I believe thats pretty fair. And for the third example, yes planes are shot down in enemy territory. if AC-130s are shot down in afghan every day, I plan to shoot down the very few you sent into my territory.

It doesn't matter. You're not allowed to RP his casualties unless he refuses to do it himself, [b]period[/b].

The rules under mergers today, after they were re allowed, are that you have to maintain separate militaries and RP them yourselves. This way you couldn't have one man in command of a million and a half people. However, you are allowed to influence each others armies to help them out. In the case of the UFE, Maelstrom's army is being assisted by Triyun's government. With the Dragon Empire, Cochin and Sir Jesus both helped Maelstrom again (jesus, maelstrom) but in neither case did Maelstrom have his technology raised to the highest level. And in both cases when the larger nation left (or will leave) his tech will begin to slow down again. In real life, Germany had to go through a technological integration after unification. My point is that you have to RP the integrating of armies to have a higher tech value. You cannot simply merge, say you have a higher tech value, and go out and do things. Especially in the case of the USA, where there are multiple state armies and the like.

Because of this, there is no tech sharing between KC and Mykep and whoever else in the USA without any proof of it occurring. Sorry, Mykep.

Edited by Sargun

I also dont understand why the use of IEDs needs to be previous when it is a pretty simple tactic used by the USA since the 60s and even documented and tought to most of the military through the TM 31-210. I plan on using this tactic for the majority of the war, but its really going to be an "on the spot thing".

For the tech sharing, it is the fact that we did have an integrated army, known as the Core found here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=86130&view=findpost&p=2366322 Given, it hasnt been updated, but the US has had an integrated military for awhile.

Edited by Acca Dacca

That was not integrated. They were still separated by region and player. I would know, I was a part of it before you.

edit: If it's so standard, why is it so hard for you to simply say "and we placed X here and here"? If you can find time to complain about it you can find time to fix it.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Acca Dacca' timestamp='1286730591' post='2480442']
There was a Federal Army and a Guard, seperated only so that people knew what they were RPing.
[/quote]
The armies were separate and were kept by individual players. Further, that is an [b]OOC[/b] post with no IC links to back up your claims on integration. As I've said before, factbooks mean nothing without IC to back it up.
[quote name='Acca Dacca' timestamp='1286730591' post='2480442']
And I said where I planted them, just not in that sentence.
[/quote]
Point out to me in the war thread where you planted those IEDs before that post.

before that post? Every single one of my posts has specifically detailed which bridges I bombed, I was addressing someone who said they were invading a state to a state without specifying where, or how. So I left it open to interpretation.

[quote name='Acca Dacca' timestamp='1286731103' post='2480446']
before that post? Every single one of my posts has specifically detailed which bridges I bombed, I was addressing someone who said they were invading a state to a state without specifying where, or how. So I left it open to interpretation.
[/quote]

I'm not reading the thread, it's up to you guys to provide proof to counter somebody's accusations.

The war thing hes got going in Wallonia.

Secondly, Sarahs recognised it in Martens news thread.
Thirdly, its been ongoing ICly for some time now due to the multiple posts involved.

News travels fast.
Oh and with cities being attacked, common sense dictates reporters would be reporting on it.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

Karl, its an active warzone, its the 21st century, your attacking civilian centers > Reporters.

Its also in a territory on her border.
we both have Satellites aswell.

*Zoot watches the last leg fall out from under Mr Martin*

Edited by Zoot Zoot