The Third Court

Sargun II

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1286371900' post='2477121']
I could have sworn SDI rolls were only used for weapons that were counted under IG nukes, and even then, only when the target it within your nation's boundaries IC. IG CM count weapons either have no counter to them, or simply have a penalty attached to them depending on how many MDs the target has. I'd need clarification on this.
[/quote]

I thought it was IC boundaries + ships (and just your ships)? That could have been shot down, I don't remember anymore. I just know SDI rolls are only for nukes. For WMD CM's, I think it is IC anti-missile defense systems (aka RPing out the damages).

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that RP missile defense is covered by your IG missile defenses, at most 75% of Karl's missiles would have been blocked, and that's only if both Yawoo and Zoot have 5 missile defense systems IG. (5 defenses for Yawoo = 50%. 50% of 50% = 25%. 25% + 50% = 75%.) So just by simple math and IG mechanics, regardless of Karl's tech level, ~25% of his missiles got through. Stopping all of them is a blatant god-mod.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1286384887' post='2477261']
Considering you said you shot down ALL missiles and used technology as an excuse for your blatant god-mod in complete disregard of established community rules, I would like a GM ruling on the matter. If the Crown Jewels were destroyed that's not something Zoot can simply ignore.
[/quote]
Actually, he can. It's an established principle in RP - once you reroll you can have whatever history you want.

Edited by Yawoo

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1286384030' post='2477251']
I thought it was IC boundaries + ships (and just your ships)? That could have been shot down, I don't remember anymore. I just know SDI rolls are only for nukes. For WMD CM's, I think it is IC anti-missile defense systems (aka RPing out the damages).
[/quote]

As I said, I am not totally sure, however I'm pretty positive ships were shot down... something about having a port-a-SDI system where allies could protect other's nations with docked ships. Not saying thats unreasonable, but the ruling stands.... i think.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1286384887' post='2477261']
Considering you said you shot down ALL missiles and used technology as an excuse for your blatant god-mod in complete disregard of established community rules, I would like a GM ruling on the matter. If the Crown Jewels were destroyed that's not something Zoot can simply ignore.
[/quote]
At the same time, it's a handful of WW2-era missiles against futuristic anti-missile defense technologies. I think I'll let common sense rule on this one.

What Sargun says is right. Common sense should rule here.

As for missile defenses and SDI's...

SDI's cover nukes and ONLY nukes, not non-nuclear ballistic missiles. It's always been that way.

And the proposal for naval interdiction of Nukes was never enacted. Just discussed.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1286398775' post='2477397']
At the same time, it's a handful of WW2-era missiles against futuristic anti-missile defense technologies. I think I'll let common sense rule on this one.
[/quote]

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1286402379' post='2477456']
What Sargun says is right. Common sense should rule here.
[/quote]

Common sense? That would be on my side in this case. Let's look at some numbers, shall we?

V-2: Max speed: 3,580 mph
Tomahawk cruise missile: ~550mph

V-2 size: 46 feet long, 5.5 feet wide
Tomahawk size: ~19 feet long, 1.5 feet wide

So you have something that is just over twice as long and three times as wide moving 6.5x faster. Simply because it's WWII tech doesn't mean it's necessarily easier to get shot down. Were they easier to hit? Depends, does the bigger size negate the considerable speed advantage? Were they as accurate, no. But there's no way Yawoo shot down all of them. A blanket ruling that simply because it's WWII tech all got shot down "because it's common sense" is retarded and has no basis in actual common sense.

So let's look at the other common sense:

Inaccurate big clumsy missiles vs. two futuristic missile defense systems

Further, V-2 missiles actually slowed down by 50% during their flight, while we have things such as BrahMos missiles. Missile defense systems are aimed at shooting down Mach 3.0 things, and by the time the V-2 rockets would have got there they would actually be below that speed, and [b]far, far larger [/b]than the modern cruise missile. By the way, learn what the term "blanket ruling is" and slap yourself for using that incorrectly, as this is a ruling on a specific case that should never have been brought here in the first place.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1286416857' post='2477628']
Their speed upon impact is half of their max speed in flight.
[/quote]
Huh, I remember reading somewhere that they were fast, then slow, then were extremely fast as they free fell in a straight line towards their target.

Then again, I could be remembering wrong, lol. I won't argue the point.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1286418568' post='2477657']
Karl Martin Rping the launch of German V2's at Britain? Its almost poetic.
[/quote]

I would have done more if I had more ships.

I believe the case is closed. Zoot did a pretty screwy RP out of the crown jewels, but I'll go along with it.

You cant call me on decency dude, five post of one/two lines and suddenly youve mustered 40,000 men and assorted ships, sailed the north sea, alnded said men, ransacked the tower, got the jewels and got back to Germany. Btw, gonna respond to my admirals admittance that he wiped out 37,000 of your men?

I said PM, so we dont clutter this thread up.

Hello, ladies.

[img]http://dudelol.com/DO-NOT-HOTLINK-IMAGES/Hello-ladies-Look-at-your-man-Now-back-to-me-THE-TICKETS-ARE-NOW-AN-EMMY.jpg[/img]

Look at your post, now back to your keyboard, then back to your post, and then STOP POSTING ABOUT POINTLESS !@#$%^&*

this post is NOW DIAMONDS

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1286420614' post='2477685']
Hello, ladies.

[img]http://dudelol.com/DO-NOT-HOTLINK-IMAGES/Hello-ladies-Look-at-your-man-Now-back-to-me-THE-TICKETS-ARE-NOW-AN-EMMY.jpg[/img]

Look at your post, now back to your keyboard, then back to your post, and then STOP POSTING ABOUT POINTLESS !@#$%^&*

this post is NOW DIAMONDS
[/quote]
Dear God I love you Sargun.