UOKMB war with GOONS

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='thekirbyfake' timestamp='1283867932' post='2445249']
I'm becoming ever more perplexiered by the minute.

Goons, a 300+ alliance, need to call on allies to help them to fight and raise sanctions against a group of 8?
[/quote]
They came to us really, and who were we to refuse our friends' help? You waived any right to a 'fair' fight when you went rogue on us, deal with it and stop crying about it.

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1283868714' post='2445262']
My sources say that blindswellrat has never had a buying tech deal, meaning he bought ~1800 tech in game. Seems your facing true masters of CN here GOONS.
[/quote]

I believe I know your source

I also believe he knows more about the Goons so-called "raids" on us than he's letting on

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1283868770' post='2445265']
Indeed and that pointing out means you're basically an alliance of ankle-biters who have little use in alliance wars...
[/quote]
If only we could somehow align ourselves with other groups that held similar limitations. Perhaps we could find a large and powerful group that could cover our top, like some sort of "umbrella" if you will. While they would have no lower tier and can only knock down strong nations, we could offer mutual assistance to eachother and fill out all of the ranges equally, and be good buddies who work together like some sort of partnership -- allies even -- separated only by our AAs, even though we work toward similar goals.

That would be ridiculous though.

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1283868714' post='2445262']
My sources say that blindswellrat has never had a buying tech deal, meaning he bought ~1800 tech in game. Seems your facing true masters of CN here GOONS.
[/quote]

Remarkable post from a senator, what relevance is it how he got his tech. Finding reliable tech sellers is diffcult at best as I am sure most experienced players will agree.

[quote name='Whyohwhy' timestamp='1283869345' post='2445273']
Remarkable post from a senator, what relevance is it how he got his tech. Finding reliable tech sellers is diffcult at best as I am sure most experienced players will agree.
[/quote]
Wait, you're saying he actually did buy 1800 tech? And you're insulting Xavii at the same time?

[/quote]
It will help the morale of the GOONS who read this, knowing their enemy completely lack insight on game mechanics and how to build a nation effectively. :smug:

Not that GOONS need help in that area, but it will be a good laugh if anything.

[quote name='thekirbyfake' timestamp='1283867932' post='2445249']
I'm becoming ever more perplexiered by the minute.

Goons, a 300+ alliance, need to call on allies to help them to fight and raise sanctions against a group of 8?

And it's a poor show by us?

Regarding your bottom heavy comments I'm afraid they simply don't hold water. There are many more than 24 Goons nations within range that didn't get attacked by us in the first wave.

This could have been a Goons vs tiny [s]alliance[/s] rogues fight but it's turned into Goons + iFOK + GOD + FK + MK + ERA + senator vs tiny [s]alliance[/s] rogues
[/quote]
Way to totally fail at reading the posts in this read.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283869249' post='2445271']
"words"[/quote]

Weldone you got bodyguards (allies) who protect "GOONS" (toilet cleaners) because however you want to spin it, thats all you're cleaners who wipe away the mess in the toilets at the end of the night (alliance war)

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1283869834' post='2445279']
Weldone you got bodyguards (allies) who protect "GOONS" (toilet cleaners) because however you want to spin it, thats all you're cleaners who wipe away the mess in the toilets at the end of the night (alliance war)
[/quote]What does that say about the alliance getting wiped then?

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1283869671' post='2445277']
It will help the morale of the GOONS who read this, knowing their enemy completely lack insight on game mechanics and how to build a nation effectively.

Not that GOONS need help in that area, but it will be a good laugh if anything.
[/quote]

I think my posts make that perfectly clear. I'm afraid your 'insider knowledge' isn't really going to offer that much to anyone except your own ego.
We can't all dedicate our lives to cybernation you know?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283867295' post='2445240']
Because you thought you were only fighting GOONS when your 8 people declared. As such you still pretty much are. About 3/4 of the war slots are still ours. We asked around and were like "Hey any of you guys want some slots?"

If there actually were a significant number of you, our allies could actually get involved in a more meaningful way. And far more GOONS could actually participate than now. Already you guys have dropped by over 50k NS before nukes, and put many more GOONS nations in range -- all of which are waiting impatiently.

What I'm saying is, in war our allies and our low-tier expect and appreciate the opportunity to bust some heads. Since there aren't that many of you, pretty much all of us are disappointed. Poor show by UOKMB.
[/quote]

So you picked a tech raid that you couldn't win and had to call in your allies? That sounds awfully pathetic of GOONS that they can't handle their business even if you're a bottom heavy alliance. Is their just like no planning in whom you fight?

[/quote]

The fact that you don't know why buying tech manually is bad speaks volume to your nation building skills ;) I'm sure his warchest didn't suffer at all when he decided to buy all that tech!

[quote name='Fireandthepassion' timestamp='1283870449' post='2445287']
So you picked a tech raid that you couldn't win and had to call in your allies? That sounds awfully pathetic of GOONS that they can't handle their business even if you're a bottom heavy alliance. Is their just like no planning in whom you fight?
[/quote]
I'm really tired of answering this exact same question twice per page per thread, so sure. Let's just say that's what happened. And the results and complaining are hilarious.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1283870259' post='2445286']
Everyone knows with the consumption of beer and a bad curry (curbstomp) that the toilets will get very messy for the cleaners (GOONS)
[/quote]
Wow your analogy's stink. No pun intended.

Re: BSR, Sending out 3m for a tech deals very time consuming I know. Having a busy life myself I bought my 15580 tech in game as well.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1283870634' post='2445291']
The fact that you don't know why buying tech manually is bad speaks volume to your nation building skills ;) I'm sure his warchest didn't suffer at all when he decided to buy all that tech!
[/quote]

I admit to being terribly ashamed of my online game nation building skills.
Often I cry myself to sleep wishing above all else, that I was a bit more skillful at make-believe technology purchases.
Oh well.
Anyone want to buy any tech? Im a bit tech heavy and my warchest isn't holding up too well

[/quote]

The raids happened in July. UOKMB decided to blow all their money on infra and manually buying tech to get up to an ANS level higher than GOONS, as a results, they have terrible warchests.

So you picked a tech raid that you couldn't win and had to call in your allies? That sounds awfully pathetic of GOONS that they can't handle their business even if you're a bottom heavy alliance. Is there* just like no planning in whom you fight?
[/quote]
They came because they wanted to. And no, we didn't plan for this, but it's a welcome diversion. We relish every worthless micro"alliance" that declares war on us. The activity it generates, the entertainment value, as well as the ridiculous discussions like this one are well worth the damage.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='blindswelledrat' timestamp='1283870831' post='2445298']
Anyone want to buy any tech? Im a bit tech heavy and my warchest isn't holding up too well
[/quote]
I'll buy some tech, although I'm genuinely shocked to hear that your warchest isn't holding up.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1283869834' post='2445279']
[/quote]
As a communist I find your reasoning that toilet cleaners are not a valuable and needed part of society both offensive and elitist.

Also your post is not so much routed in firm war strategy as it is in meaningless metaphors.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283869458' post='2445276']
Wait, you're saying he actually did buy 1800 tech? And you're insulting Xavii at the same time?
[/quote]

OK first my posting did not insult anyone. It questioned the wisdom of a leading player and Senator decrying the method a far less experienced player has got to where he is in the game.

It isn't the best way to gain tech, but he still got it, paid for it and is standing behind his comrades in his alliance.

By all means express surprise at how he attained it, but also should we not question how that information was gained.

I see alot of words demeaning the Goons, but no action.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1283870259' post='2445286']
Everyone knows with the consumption of beer and a bad curry (curbstomp) that the toilets will get very messy for the cleaners (GOONS)
[/quote]

:psyduck: You should be ashamed of this analogy.