UOKMB war with GOONS

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1283858374' post='2445156']
But heck, it supports what I've been saying about tech raids being unprofitable. I told you so, ktarthan :P
[/quote]
That depends on your definition of wealth. In monetary terms we're losing some infra, but we wanted to war anyway and it's spiked our activity level so everyone is excited. And tears have always been priceless, and so far we've gotten A LOT of those.

If we could do it all again, not only would we, we'd probably find another 9 UOKMBs so more people could participate.

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1283862767' post='2445198']
So... has the party just got started or what?
[/quote]
Well the original dec was at 4:00 so nuke timers didn't clear until about four hours ago. UOKMB seems to do all their stuff around that time so I believe (but am not certain, and could be wrong) that that's all from their side for today. We have pretty much all day, but most people aren't even going to be awake for at least another four hours, so I'd watch charts. Plus most of ours are active right around reset.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283863683' post='2445209']
If we could do it all again, not only would we, we'd probably find another 9 UOKMBs so more people could participate.[/quote]

Again I'm mildly perplexed by this stance.

Goons want a war, right?

So why did you farm out 10 of the 24 slots to other alliances? 24 isn't a huge number and there are plenty of goons in range that have empty slots.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1283862641' post='2445197']
I think you missed the point of my post. I'm just giving you a heads up else your fighting might end by different means than you expect.
[/quote]

If you mean we are going to get annihilated - then we fully anticipated this outcome from the beginning and welcome it.

It has provided us and the goons with a little entertainment so there are only winners in this.

[quote name='blindswelledrat' timestamp='1283855136' post='2445128']
1)Big alliance launches attacks against small allaince for no reason.Including irrelevant nukes.
2)Small alliance gather belongings together and retalliates against big allaince.
3)a) big alliance does very little
b)big alliance implores the rest of CN and brings in fighters from elsewhere and demands that sanctions be bought against this small, insignificant, retalliating alliance.

What is that all about? Ive never seen or heard of a game before that behaves like this.
[/quote]

naaa that's mostly just GOONS. they like to talk tough but a stiff breeze sends them running for help.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283862239' post='2445193']
Spoiler warning: We're waiting for the larger nations who entered as counters later on in the day to nuke. UOKMB will all be glowing green eventually.
[/quote]

A reasonable explanation from a military perspective. More problematic: why nuke first?

[quote name='thekirbyfake' timestamp='1283864382' post='2445214']

Goons want a war, right?

So why did you farm out 10 of the 24 slots to other alliances? 24 isn't a huge number and there are plenty of goons in range that have empty slots.
[/quote]

Yes, It was a rather strange comment.
They could only find 14 out of 300 willing to fight, yet claim to want 9 similar wars.
THey are a bewildering bunch these Goons aren't they.
It reminds me of a time when I was 4 years old and the bully down the road chased me home. I hid behind my mother and told him to come back with all his friends.

[quote name='blindswelledrat' timestamp='1283865951' post='2445227']It reminds me of a time when I was 4 years old and the bully down the road chased me home. I hid behind my mother and told him to come back with all his friends.[/quote]
athingthatdidn'thappen.txt

[quote name='thekirbyfake' timestamp='1283864382' post='2445214']

Goons want a war, right?

[/quote]
I already explained this about 17 times, so I don't know if explaining it for an 18th will work either. But the fact is GOONS is a bottom-heavy alliance. The vast majority of our nations are below 25k. 100% of your nations were above that point when we started. As such, we simply don't have the numbers to fill 24 war slots ourselves (without just having all the ones that were declared on declare 3 wars back, which would be stupid) in a single day.

But that's the entire point of our alliance. We're bottom-heavy, so we're allied to middle-heavy and top-heavy alliances. They knock things down and we handle the low-level fisticuffs. In both this and a regular war, our allies will be handling people over 25k for us. If you don't like that, you shouldn't've engaged us.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1283864850' post='2445219']
A reasonable explanation from a military perspective. More problematic: why nuke first?
[/quote]
What do you mean? We're nuking later today. UOKMB already nuked today. They nuked first.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283866704' post='2445234']
I already explained this about 17 times, so I don't know if explaining it for an 18th will work either. But the fact is GOONS is a bottom-heavy alliance. The vast majority of our nations are below 25k. 100% of your nations were above that point when we started. As such, we simply don't have the numbers to fill 24 war slots ourselves (without just having all the ones that were declared on declare 3 wars back, which would be stupid) in a single day.

But that's the entire point of our alliance. We're bottom-heavy, so we're allied to middle-heavy and top-heavy alliances. They knock things down and we handle the low-level fisticuffs. In both this and a regular war, our allies will be handling people over 25k for us. If you don't like that, you shouldn't've engaged us.
[/quote]

Then why on earth would you make a post saying "I would like 9 UOKMB's" when you don't have the ability to deal with even 1?
That is an extraordinary thing to do.

[quote name='blindswelledrat' timestamp='1283867095' post='2445237']
Then why on earth would you make a post saying "I would like 9 UOKMB's" when you don't have the ability to deal with even 1?
[/quote]
Because you thought you were only fighting GOONS when your 8 people declared. As such you still pretty much are. About 3/4 of the war slots are still ours. We asked around and were like "Hey any of you guys want some slots?"

If there actually were a significant number of you, our allies could actually get involved in a more meaningful way. And far more GOONS could actually participate than now. Already you guys have dropped by over 50k NS before nukes, and put many more GOONS nations in range -- all of which are waiting impatiently.

What I'm saying is, in war our allies and our low-tier expect and appreciate the opportunity to bust some heads. Since there aren't that many of you, pretty much all of us are disappointed. Poor show by UOKMB.

[quote name='blindswelledrat' timestamp='1283867095' post='2445237']
[/quote]

Did you actually ask this again? You even quoted the answer.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283866704' post='2445234']
[/quote]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283867295' post='2445240']
Because you thought you were only fighting GOONS when your 8 people declared. As such you still pretty much are. About 3/4 of the war slots are still ours. We asked around and were like "Hey any of you guys want some slots?"

If there actually were a significant number of you, our allies could actually get involved in a more meaningful way. And far more GOONS could actually participate than now. Already you guys have dropped by over 50k NS before nukes, and put many more GOONS nations in range -- all of which are waiting impatiently.

What I'm saying is, in war our allies and our low-tier expect and appreciate the opportunity to bust some heads. Since there aren't that many of you, pretty much all of us are disappointed. Poor show by UOKMB.
[/quote]

I didn't read that beyond the first sentence because I prefer more interesting things.
Although I disupte that we "thought we were only fighting Goons". We didn't really have that much of a thought process becasue it would have involved discussing the game in real life which, as we all realise, is too embarrassing for even us

Poor show by UOKMB
[/quote]
I'm becoming ever more perplexiered by the minute.

Goons, a 300+ alliance, need to call on allies to help them to fight and raise sanctions against a group of 8?

And it's a poor show by us?

Regarding your bottom heavy comments I'm afraid they simply don't hold water. There are many more than 24 Goons nations within range that didn't get attacked by us in the first wave.

This could have been a Goons vs tiny [s]alliance[/s] rogues fight but it's turned into Goons + iFOK + GOD + FK + MK + ERA + senator vs tiny [s]alliance[/s] rogues

[quote name='blindswelledrat' timestamp='1283867674' post='2445244']
I didn't read that beyond the first sentence because I prefer more interesting things.
Although I disupte that we "thought we were only fighting Goons". We didn't really have that much of a thought process becasue it would have involved discussing the game in real life which, as we all realise, is too embarrassing for even us
[/quote]
Well I gave my 18th attempt at explaining it a try. I'll have to wait until the next time you guys bring up the fact that friends of ours declared. EDIT: Wait nevermind, the post above mine [b]already brings it up again[/b].

And you don't have to remind us that you aren't involved with or discuss things, we know. Believe me, we know.

Edited by Beefspari

What I'm saying is, in war our allies and our low-tier expect and appreciate the opportunity to bust some heads. Since there aren't that many of you, pretty much all of us are disappointed. Poor show by UOKMB.[/quote]

So what you're trying to say that "GOONS" can't handle afew mid-tier attackers on your own and have to go running to allies for help, but its nice to see you admitting that you're only useful to your allies in war situations when the enemy has been crippled for "GOON" clean-up duty. How the world must tremble at the "mighty GOONS" :lol1:

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283868012' post='2445250']
Well I gave my 18th attempt at explaining it a try. I'll have to wait until the next time you guys bring up the fact that friends of ours declared. EDIT: Wait nevermind, the post above mine [b]already brings it up again[/b].

And you don't have to remind us that you aren't involved with or discuss things, we know. Believe me, we know.
[/quote]

EDIT: hint taken i see

Edited by KingMinornut

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1283868080' post='2445252']
So what you're trying to say that "GOONS" can't handle afew mid-tier attackers on your own and have to go running to allies for help, but its nice to see you admitting that you're only useful to your allies in war situations when the enemy has been crippled for "GOON" clean-up duty. How the world must tremble at the "mighty GOONS" :lol1:
[/quote]
Um, all I did is point out that our alliance is mostly lower-tier nations. Essentially what I said is that the people who attacked were out of range of the majority of our nations. I guess that makes us terrible?

Its mechanically impossible for us to cover all your defensive slots. You're the ones with the bad math. If you wanted to do the most damage with your mighty armies you should have aimed better. Instead you're getting the full attention of our upper ranks and the excess is being greedily scooped up by MK, Umbrella and everyone else. By the time you reach our sweet spot your warchests will be depleted and your nukes will be used up. All sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Edited by Heinlander

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283868487' post='2445258']
Um, all I did is point out that our alliance is mostly lower-tier nations. Essentially what I said is that the people who attacked were out of range of the majority of our nations. I guess that makes us terrible?[/quote]

Indeed and that pointing out means you're basically an alliance of ankle-biters who have little use in alliance wars...