UOKMB declares war with Goons

[quote name='thewave' timestamp='1283770356' post='2443629']
I think it was the fact they hit our only non-nuclear nation with a nuke for no reason.

Reason enough for us don't you think?
[/quote]

In this world - not having a protectorate and being small is reason enough. Is that fair? No but I don't feel any sympathy for you because you've already admitted that you would go rogue on someone and yes, having an alliance to attack and attacking while "planning" is definitely befitting a rogue. The irony is you won't do any significant damage to GOONS by blatantly attacking them at this level instead of waiting it out and perhaps having gained allies and become more involved in the political aspect.
[quote name='KingMinornut' timestamp='1283775511' post='2443665']
We are NOT rogue nations

Stop santioning us, we are only 8 so I don't think the Goons really need your assistance.
[/quote]

Sanctioning can be used as a weapon, you attacked GOONS, their allies will help them out however they can. You should expect this in a world where things involve more than one alliance. Nothing is an isolated action here and to expect it to be is foolhardy.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1283777341' post='2443705']
In this world - not having a protectorate and being small is reason enough. Is that fair? No but I don't feel any sympathy for you because you've already admitted that you would go rogue on someone and yes, having an alliance to attack and attacking while "planning" is definitely befitting a rogue. The irony is you won't do any significant damage to GOONS by blatantly attacking them at this level instead of waiting it out and perhaps having gained allies and become more involved in the political aspect.

Sanctioning can be used as a weapon, you attacked GOONS, their allies will help them out however they can. You should expect this in a world where things involve more than one alliance. Nothing is an isolated action here and to expect it to be is foolhardy.
[/quote]

>Realisespeopletakethisgamefartooseriouslyanddecidestogodowninflamesfiringfromallbarrels<

I'm going for a walk I may be some time

[quote name='KingMinornut' timestamp='1283777657' post='2443709']
>Realisespeopletakethisgamefartooseriouslyanddecidestogodowninflamesfiringfromallbarrels<

I'm going for a walk I may be some time
[/quote]

Walking from where to where?

Are you looking for white castle?

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1283776804' post='2443691']
But you had a target. You just proved to everyone that your goal was to go rogue on someone.

I bet you would think it was just as sad if I made my own 1 man alliance and attacked your alliance. You would support me not getting sanctioned then right?
[/quote]

1-man alliances are generally regarded as rogues, 12 man alliances are recognized by most alliances as being an alliance ( I think most use the 10 man limit, not entirely sure).

Overall i believe this 12 man group is an alliance and sanctioning them because they would be "rogues" is not correct in my opinion.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1283778466' post='2443714']
1-man alliances are generally regarded as rogues, 12 man alliances are recognized by most alliances as being an alliance ( I think most use the 10 man limit, not entirely sure).

Overall i believe this 12 man group is an alliance and sanctioning them because they would be "rogues" is not correct in my opinion.
[/quote]

Good, bring that opinion to a discussion about a 12 man AA!

Also we can sanction them ourselves but our guy didn't answer his pager (it's jewel encrusted).

[/quote]
I will give you one thing: it certainly takes guts to post "authoritatively" about the size of the group in question while getting such an easily-checked fact completely and utterly wrong.

[quote]Whilst building warchests 3 Goons caitiffs took it upon themselves to raid a UOKMB nation. At that point he was our only non-nuclear capable nation and during these so-called "raids" one Goon decided to use nuclear weapons. These two actions speak volumes about Goons and their pusillanimous policies.[/quote]

I wouldn't think UOKMB are considered "rogues" if they're defending themselves from nuclear attacks by a Goon nation(s). But I don't know the full story to this so I shall check back later tonight :P

Edited by Enrage

[/quote]
They are 8 nations, not 12. That's why I labeled them as rogues.

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1283777284' post='2443701']
I was waiting for your reply Meth, from what I can remember you didn't get a whole lot of support for your cause in that thread.
[/quote]
I wasn't going to bother saying anything, but you mentioned me by name in your post. :P

Anyways just between GOONS and Umbrella you have enough black nations to maintain your seat regardless of what the rest of the black team thinks, so its not worth getting into an argument about it.

In law, it is impossible to marker an assembly as being categorized as one type of entity or another based upon affiliates.

You either have a solitary entity or a grouping, the very specifics of the term alliance is coalition or partnership, that is exactly what we are, and always have been, albeit under the guise of CTF Brotherhood, UOKMB or the other large 'alliance' we were in beforehand.

Tagging on the differece between 4 members is poor form, although, frankly, I couldn't give a rats ars*, but certainly something to consider for the future.

Anyway, far too many of you have beards and glasses and need to get out more, thank god I didn't find this forum earlier.

[quote name='Xavii' timestamp='1283779583' post='2443726']
They are 8 nations, not 12. That's why I labeled them as rogues.
[/quote]

My mistake, i mixed things up after you mentioned 12 as the size limit used by Umbrella to define an alliance.

Nevertheless, i am debating this as a matter of principle.
During an alliance war sanctions should not be used in the first place and to request sanctions when the numbers are clearly stacked in GOONS favour is downright ridiculous.

Edit: Note that i still define this as an alliance war and not a bunch of rogues.

Edited by Andre27

[quote name='KingMinornut' timestamp='1283775511' post='2443665']
We are NOT rogue nations

Stop santioning us, we are only 8 so I don't think the Goons really need your assistance.
[/quote]
Blah blah blah, typical. OWF needs new material. You guys posted a DoW and attacked us and now you're unhappy with the way the war is unfolding. You attack us and now you don't think we're warring you to your specifications. Sorry to inform you, but we don't care. They say all's fair in love and war, and this is a war, and we love your complaining. Enjoy your sanctions, and friends of ours declaring because they want to, and anything else that happens that we feel like doing to you. The fact that you hate it just makes it sweeter. Welcome to war.

If you don't like the way we do business, we aren't going to make any effort to stagger so feel free to peace mode your way out of it.

[quote name='KingMinornut' timestamp='1283771754' post='2443635']
I was the nation attacked and quite frankly I couldn't give a **** if my nation gets completely and permanently obliterated in this war.
At least it has finally given a purpose to this silly little game.
[/quote]
Hey guess what, this guy pretty much confirms that you're all rogues. Your CB hinges on something that the only victim of cares nothing about to begin with. You're using it and the 8-man AA as a flimsy excuse to go rogue on an alliance you just don't like.

[quote name='thewave' timestamp='1283780060' post='2443734']
Tagging on the differece between 4 members is poor form, although, frankly, I couldn't give a rats ars*, but certainly something to consider for the future.
[/quote]
You guys keep saying you don't care about the sanction details, but you sure are complaining about it. This is especially great after you claimed that the war is over "hurt feelings" (which, hilarious by the way), even though the only person who was affected already admitted they don't care.

[quote name='Enrage' timestamp='1283778935' post='2443721']
I wouldn't think UOKMB are considered "rogues" if they're defending themselves from nuclear attacks by a Goon nation(s). But I don't know the full story to this so I shall check back later tonight :P
[/quote]

You missed the part where UOKMB formed for the explicit purpose of waging war against GOONS.

That said, whether their AA constitutes one of rogues or not is subjective. What matters is that they've been deemed as such by the defenders and our allies who, seeking to mitigate our damages, sanctioned them.

PS - Feeling the love NpO. ;)

On the definition of a Alliance, UOKMB fits it.

They are a group of nations unified for a common cause, just like any other alliance. Just because the cause is different to the norm does not make it not so. Also just because it states in your alliance charter that only certain number of people can be classified as a alliance, do not try to portray that as the norm and justify the reasoning of some actions.

Though from now on I would say for both sides to stop posturing and bickering and fight it out with some dignity.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283782028' post='2443757']

You guys keep saying you don't care about the sanction details, but you sure are complaining about it. This is especially great after you claimed that the war is over "hurt feelings" (which, hilarious by the way), even though the only person who was affected already admitted they don't care.
[/quote]

None of us care, but we can clearly see you lot take it far too seriously, and it's a counter argument is it not?

I don't care about the sanctions, just pointing out the false arguments bounded about. We ARE an alliance, FACT.

Anyway, shouldn't you be getting ready for school or something.. run along little boy..

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1283782576' post='2443768']
On the definition of a Alliance, UOKMB fits it.

They are a group of nations unified for a common cause, just like any other alliance. Just because the cause is different to the norm does not make it not so. Also just because it states in your alliance charter that only certain number of people can be classified as a alliance, do not try to portray that as the norm and justify the reasoning of some actions.

Though from now on I would say for both sides to stop posturing and bickering and fight it out with some dignity.
[/quote]

Thanks for siding, happy to be nuked to high heaven though, sanctions just speed up our decent down the rankings, so not an issue.

[quote name='thewave' timestamp='1283782616' post='2443769']
None of us care, but we can clearly see you lot take it far too seriously, and it's a counter argument is it not?

I don't care about the sanctions, just pointing out the false arguments bounded about. We ARE an alliance, FACT.

Anyway, shouldn't you be getting ready for school or something.. run along little boy..
[/quote]Beefspar is a woman.

Also if you think we take this too seriously you've obviously never seen our mercy board.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283782028' post='2443757']
you're unhappy with the way the war is unfolding
[/quote]

Only because in the past 6hrs only >checks again< 2 Goons nations have responded by attacking us.

And I thought you were begging for war? That you'd be fighting over who got to fill our slots?

I can only assume the fighting is internal and you are having a massive vote to see who "gets" to fight us because so far your response has been pretty pathetic to say the least.

Sanctions, is that all you got?

[quote name='thekirbyfake' timestamp='1283783044' post='2443775']
Only because in the past 6hrs only >checks again< 2 Goons nations have responded by attacking us.
[/quote]
You attacked at 4:00 AM, and it's still pretty much too early for any GOONS to be awake. Not only that but as you know from having declared on "our front page," most of our alliance is below 20k.

[quote name='Heinlander' timestamp='1283782990' post='2443774']
Beefspar is a woman.

[/quote]

Is she fit?

I have space in my dungeon that needs filling, although the chains on that space are a tad rusty and may chafe with hard use?

What the hell is a mercy forum by the way?

[quote name='thewave' timestamp='1283783387' post='2443779']
Is she fit?

I have space in my dungeon that needs filling, although the chains on that space are a tad rusty and may chafe with hard use?

What the hell is a mercy forum by the way?
[/quote]

If they're rusty they may not hold the chubbers weight!