Oh well, It is what it is...no real proof though

Fernando12

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283655431' post='2442088']
[color="#0000FF"]I cannot say with authority that the logs are false. I cannot say with authority the logs are real either. I'll give Dopp my confidence though, but that is about it. Considering we've given GOONS permission to spy on Dopp in order to confirm their suspicions, and if proven true that reps will be paid, I am not sure where you are finding grounds to complain on. Then again, there may be no satisfying some people.[/color]
[/quote]
I'm sure from our gov's perspective, NSO has been very helpful ans respectful in this matter. But from antsy GOONS members, we're looking for almost any excuse to have some fun. And until proven innocent or guilty...we're all charged up right now. Of which I'm sure you could understand.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283655431' post='2442088']
[color="#0000FF"]I cannot say with authority that the logs are false. I cannot say with authority the logs are real either. I'll give Dopp my confidence though, but that is about it. Considering we've given GOONS permission to spy on Dopp in order to confirm their suspicions, and if proven true that reps will be paid, I am not sure where you are finding grounds to complain on. Then again, there may be no satisfying some people.[/color]
[/quote]

The only awkward part of us trying to spy on him is the fact that he purposely sold infra to keep those with a valid chance from spying him (or at least that's how it looks from our perspective).

I don't know how validated I can feel that we're allowed to spy him, but don't have a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding.

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1283655703' post='2442097']
The only awkward part of us trying to spy on him is the fact that he purposely sold infra to keep those with a valid chance from spying him (or at least that's how it looks from our perspective).

I don't know how validated I can feel that we're allowed to spy him, but don't have a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding.
[/quote]

Hi! Actually, I had to sell some infrastructure in order to hit a rogue for my neighbors in Hydra. A friend in need is a friend indeed! Have a wonderful day! :)

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1283655285' post='2442078']
So wait, you say that you weren't there and cannot dispute the logs, yet you declare them false?

Is there any proof that the logs are fake other than his word?
[/quote]
The logs are real.

What is at issue here is whether Dopp did or didn't aid Methrage. I've pointed out many ways to prove me wrong or prove me right. No one has actually taken me up on that. Dopp can send 3 aid packages to NSO nations to prove the use and visibility of all 6 slots and that none are to Methrage.

If GOONS has accepted NSO's groveling and will not pursue the issue any further then that is up to GOONS.

Dopp states Hydra asked him to hit a rogue. Of many 12k nations, they ask Dopp DOPP of all people to sell off 7k+ infra to hit a 12k rogue?
Ok, sure that is MUCH more believable right. Prove me wrong or right, its pretty simple.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1283655912' post='2442105']
Hi! Actually, I had to sell some infrastructure in order to hit a rogue for my neighbors in Hydra. A friend in need is a friend indeed! Have a wonderful day! :)
[/quote]

I see no valid reason for you to drop off 38k NS just to hit a rogue.

I mean, if you did it for that exact reason, that's foolhardy at best, and I find myself in the uncomfortable position of agreeing with Fernando12.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1283655916' post='2442106']
The logs are real.

What is at issue here is whether Dopp did or didn't aid Methrage. I've pointed out many ways to prove me wrong or prove me right. No one has actually taken me up on that. Dopp can send 3 aid packages to NSO nations to prove the use and visibility of all 6 lots and that none are to Methrage.

If GOONS has accepted NSO's groveling and will not pursue the issue any further then that is up to GOONS.

Dopp states Hydra asked him to hit a rogue. Of many 12k nations, they ask Dopp DOPP of all people to sell off 7k+ infra to hit a 12k rogue?
Ok, sure that is MUCH more believable right. Prove me wrong or right, its pretty simple.
[/quote]
You and your crazy conspiracy theories. :P

What you fail to take into account is NSO has no reason to prove you wrong either way, its better PR to let people wonder about it and keeps people thinking about the New Sith Order. Whether he actually sent the aid or not doesn't change that this is getting them lots of PR.

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1283656078' post='2442110']
I see no valid reason for you to drop off 38k NS just to hit a rogue.

I mean, if you did it for that exact reason, that's foolhardy at best, and I find myself in the uncomfortable position of agreeing with Fernando12.
[/quote]

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."

I'm a fool, it is true, neighbor. :)

Dopp is at war with M6, who is a bit crazy but has a nation that's fairly well-stocked with military wonders, and is much better at fighting than Methrage. The idea that he might be selected as someone who has the ability to give M6 a hard time seems reasonable to me, speaking as a guy who knows M6 pretty well.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1283656395' post='2442114']

[/quote]

A wise man once said "The world is filled with fools, but none of them considers himself one, or tries not to be one."

Know who that was? Kim Il-Sung, that's who!

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1283644226' post='2441867']
As a note, Fernando is no longer an NSO member. He resigned because he was going to get in trouble for launching wars without authorization, inviting people to ghost the AA, pretending he could grant people alliance membership, and for generally being as stupid on our boards as he is on these. Evidently, he's bitter.
[/quote]
Well, no !@#$, Sherlock. What's next, you gonna tell us the sky is blue? Or that water is wet? :v:

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283656678' post='2442120']
Dopp is at war with M6, who is a bit crazy but has a nation that's fairly well-stocked with military wonders, and is much better at fighting than Methrage. The idea that he might be selected as someone who has the ability to give M6 a hard time seems reasonable to me, speaking as a guy who knows M6 pretty well.
[/quote]

That, plus the fact that Doppelganger is the Lord and Savior of NSO and is called upon whenever essential and dangerous operations like this are needed.

But it's a shame he dropped off that much. Just a few thousand NS higher, and he'd be able to hit Fernando.

Well, we can't all have what we want.

Edited by Weebland

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1283657619' post='2442139']
Well, no !@#$, Sherlock. What's next, you gonna tell us the sky is blue? Or that water is wet? :v:
[/quote]

Actually, given the NSO's enlightened views on alliance membership, I would fully expect them to give him every chance to stay on as an alliance member even in a situation like this and perhaps even especially in a situation like this, and should he leave, even tell them that should he ever see the light and decide he wants to return, well, he can.

/seriously.

Edited by Bavaricar

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1283657827' post='2442144']
Actually, given the NSO's enlightened views on alliance membership, I would fully expect them to give him every chance to stay on as an alliance member even in a situation like this and perhaps even especially in a situation like this, and should he leave, even tell them that should he ever see the light and decide he wants to return, well, he can.

/seriously.
[/quote]
NSO can be a bit to friendly and forgiving for their own good sometimes, so I fully expect that to happen when he reapplies. :P

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283657998' post='2442147']
NSO can be a bit to friendly and forgiving for their own good sometimes, so I fully expect that to happen when he reapplies. :P
[/quote]

Pretty cool, I think. :) Oh and back on topic, I guess you know the answer, eh? :P Rip them goonies!!!

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1283652713' post='2442020']
Man I heard that from right here. :laugh:

Well have fun doing whatever it is you're trying to do, Fernando. Hope no alliance is daft enough to let you in.
[/quote]
Sadly, I've heard that one too many times applied to one too many members. Banned Member, for one, comes to mind.

OOC: It seems that we still can't mention him, pity. :<

Edited by Locke

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283658285' post='2442151']
[color="#0000FF"]Not likely, Methrage. Alejandro will not be readmitted. Not after this stunt.[/color]
[/quote]

Alejandro er Roberto is a noob. He will realize the errors of his ways some day and want back. I hope you will reconsider when that day comes and I know it will.

Uh oh, I guess I meant Fernando.

/don't call my name

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1283658499' post='2442155']
Alejandro er Roberto is a noob. He will realize the errors of his ways some day and want back. I hope you will reconsider when that day comes and I know it will.

Uh oh, I guess I meant Fernando.

/don't call my name
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]There's a difference between making a mistake and actively trying to screw over your former home. The former can be forgiven. The latter, not so much.[/color]

Yes. If Fernando saw the error of his ways after a little cool-down time and came back apologizing, then we'd probably give him a second chance. But this asinine... I'm not sure what to call it... has ensured that his door to the Sith has been locked.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1283656395' post='2442114']

[/quote]
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"

Words you might appreciate now.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283658820' post='2442159']
[color="#0000FF"]There's a difference between making a mistake and actively trying to screw over your former home. The former can be forgiven. The latter, not so much.[/color]
[/quote]

This might be this first time I have disagreed with Rebel Virginia in a very, very long time. Trust me, I don't care if he is telling the truth or lying, some day he will want back (maybe not even in the NSO, but something you are a part of or [i]some thing[/i] that you think is a good thing) for the right reasons and refusing him would be.. well not like the Rebel Virginia I've come to admire.

As for my realizing I may or may not be on topic now, let's go right to the topic. He is "log dumping" something that may be invented, planted or even may be real. That's it. He had the itch and he scratched it, something incredibly tempting for those who rarely see exciting logs or exceedingly tempting for those who have never faked them, nothing more. ;)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283659344' post='2442169']
[color="#0000FF"]Depends on how long the wait is. I'm not overly pleased with him right now, and as Weeb says, depends on if he is sincerely repentant. Sincely.[/color]
[/quote]

Very well :) and I'll stop derailing this now. ;D

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283659236' post='2442166']
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"

[/quote]

"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise."

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283659236' post='2442166']

[/quote]

"Discovering the truth about ourselves is a lifetime’s work, but it’s worth the effort."

Thank you for the good advice, neighbor! :)