GOONS DoW Announcement

Beefspari

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1283775864' post='2443673']
All slots full by choice, not force.

Also all I hear from your post is jealousy.

Envy is a far worse trait than gloating.
:smug: GOONS :smug:
[/quote]

Jealousy of what preciously? Goons ability to fight a 6v1 war?

My envy is running wild! :awesome:

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283780537' post='2443743']
So far STA, FOK, GOD, FAN and Umbrella have all decided to use their senate seat as weapon to help GOONS in this war. So all these alliances seem to support GOONS and the use of sanctions in alliance wars.
[/quote]

I believe the matter of debate is whether this is an alliance war or simple rogue actions.
The fact that these alliance senators granted a GOONS request for a sanction only states that they do not share your view of this being an alliance war and it does not mean they support the use of sanctions during alliance wars.
Some of them may actually support the use of sanctions in this manner (too lazy to check) but the sanctions placed here do not necessarily come from their alliance point of view.

There is a nice debate on the subject [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=91829"]here[/url]

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1283782458' post='2443765']
I believe the matter of debate is whether this is an alliance war or simple rogue actions.
The fact that these alliance senators granted a GOONS request for a sanction only states that they do not share your view of this being an alliance war and it does not mean they support the use of sanctions during alliance wars.
Some of them may actually support the use of sanctions in this manner (too lazy to check) but the sanctions placed here do not necessarily come from their alliance point of view.

There is a nice debate on the subject [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=91829"]here[/url]
[/quote]
Just leave him to it, I like seeing Methrage declaring war on a dozen alliances from his 2-man AA.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1283782458' post='2443765']
[/quote]

But this became an alliance war the moment the OP was posted, regardless of whatever other conversation about the worthiness of Methrage's cause is taking place. They are therefore supporting an alliance in an alliance war through punitive sanctions.

As an aside, I don't think the senators put that much thought into it. But I find it interesting that GOONS would on the one hand issue an official declaration of war here giving the matter the weight of an alliance war, then pursue sanctions as though Methrage were a simple nuke rogue.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1283786389' post='2443825']
But I find it interesting that GOONS would on the one hand issue an official declaration of war here giving the matter the weight of an alliance war, then pursue sanctions as though Methrage were a simple nuke rogue.
[/quote]

Didn't even consider that yet.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1283786389' post='2443825']
But this became an alliance war the moment the OP was posted, regardless of whatever other conversation about the worthiness of Methrage's cause is taking place. They are therefore supporting an alliance in an alliance war through punitive sanctions.

As an aside, I don't think the senators put that much thought into it. But I find it interesting that GOONS would on the one hand issue an official declaration of war here giving the matter the weight of an alliance war, then pursue sanctions as though Methrage were a simple nuke rogue.
[/quote]
We debated even posting this internally. A 2-man AA isn't an alliance and not really worth a DoW. Methrage loves attention though and feeling like a real alliance so we thought it'd be funny.

But most importantly, we posted this for the benefit of others, because Meth is known for begging for aid in every thread he posts in. This thread is less of a DoW and more of a "don't aid this rogue." It's a CYA moment; we posted it so nobody can say they weren't warned.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1283804665' post='2444251']
[img]http://www.rc-hr.com/esp/Portals/20/breaking-news.gif[/img]

It is being reported that at the nation of United Force ceased uranium shipments to the Libertarian Empire.

Stay tuned...
[/quote]

Well, wherever is Methrage going to get his nukes now!? Way to go, champ.

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

So...

So wait.

You started a bitterness-fueled thread trying to get Corinan ZI'd and the NSO invaded over assisting Methrage, and yet this entire time you have been assisting him in a much more clear and important way by keeping him in nukes?

Wow.

Edited by JT Jag

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1283805719' post='2444279']
So...

So wait.

You started a bitterness-fueled thread trying to get Corinan ZI'd and the NSO invaded over assisting Methrage, and yet this entire time you have been assisting him in a much more clear and important way by keeping him in nukes?

Wow.
[/quote]

I feel the same way.

My mind is quite literally blown at the amount of backstabbing and naysaying and.... Well really sheer stupidity over this entire "war".

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1283805719' post='2444279']
So...

So wait.

Wow.
[/quote]
He ZI'd himself actually or to 19.99 infra then bought some back all unnecessarily as it turns out.
Yes, NSO invasion would have been super.
Uranium shipments yes indeedy.

[quote name='Heinlander' timestamp='1283806337' post='2444300']
Okay now I really want Fernando to join GOONS.
[/quote]
I can't tell if you're serious or just teasing me. :popcorn:

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1283536525' post='2440557']
Methrage for EZI!
[/quote]

OMG! EZI is back!?!?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283808001' post='2444355']
Now I need a new uranium trade and apparently been sanctioned on blue as well now. -_-
[/quote]

I thought you would be sanctioned on every sphere by now. To the Grey sphere it is?

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1283816517' post='2444533']
Refusing to sanction a nuclear rogue? CB? Roll Pacifica and its allies like LOLNSO? :popcorn:
[/quote]

No time for peacemode wars with NSO right now, we have threads to war in.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1283816517' post='2444533']
Refusing to sanction a nuclear rogue? CB? Roll Pacifica and its allies like LOLNSO? :popcorn:
[/quote]
Actually, negotiations for this are in progress. I'm content to wait. The people I talked to were pretty chill.

Well Methy boy, I keep waiting for these nukes and they just aren't coming. Even after you received some non-secret aid! I guess you really aren't a guy of your word.

Also, scoreboard is now 14-2. I haven't been stopped on the ground yet and Methy here is 2 for 6, when he even musters up the gusto to try and send in his troops.

I'm sure Methy will be in here with a whole bag of excuses and how "I'm not worthy" or something like that. The reality is that he can't stop me, and if Methy boy doesn't want to see me gloating then he needs to not pick fights for attention; especially ones he can't win.

[quote name='Heinlander' timestamp='1284001149' post='2447291']
Oh dear it seems that Methrage lost his uranium again

Hope that gets resolved soon!
[/quote]

Oh no! However now will he nuke us without his precious uranium, his lack of a war chest, and his general incompetence?

I'll give him credit again, he did manage to split his GA's against me and gain a couple bucks, which he proceeded to donate to the rest of the GOONS he's fighting. That being said, he still hasn't stopped me on the ground once, and he won't.

Scoreboard is now 17-3. Folks, I just don't think poor Methy is gonna be able to catch up in time. :(

[quote name='CEverettKoop' timestamp='1284002442' post='2447310']
Oh no! However now will he nuke us without his precious uranium, his lack of a war chest, and his general incompetence?

I'll give him credit again, he did manage to split his GA's against me and gain a couple bucks, which he proceeded to donate to the rest of the GOONS he's fighting. That being said, he still hasn't stopped me on the ground once, and he won't.

Scoreboard is now 17-3. Folks, I just don't think poor Methy is gonna be able to catch up in time. :(
[/quote]

I don't even know if it's right to gloat over this. The poor guy just doesn't know any better. :(