8k infra jump, worth it?

Paradoxical

From experience, do most people think the 8k infra jump is worth it? I would plan on having a donation on the 31st of December, and the next day (January 1st), as well as whatever money I save until then. However, is jumping 8k infra even worth the cost and risk of being bill locked much easier during war?

As far as I know, there is a jump for 8k and it is very large? If I'm wrong my question is quite worthless. :P Russian Empire makes it sound like there is a jump, which is not worth it in his opinion, so I suppose there is one present.

Also, thanks for the input Russian.

:P Russian Empire makes it sound like there is a jump, which is not worth it in his opinion, so I suppose there is one present.

Also, thanks for the input Russian.

Sure. There is a jump at 8k, I can attest to it. :rolleyes: As far as I know, it's the last jump until the 13k jump, but for most of us, that's very far away, and only a handful of people have done it.

It's less worth it for the income than it would be as insurance for your current income in the event of war. If you have 8500 infra or so, you can afford to lose 2000 infra in a long, protracted war and not be all that devastated.

I'm still not entirely convinced on what I should do. If there isn't a jump until the 13k mark, then it might be worth the cost. Once I get adequately ahead of 8k, getting bill trapped doesn't seem too risky. Aww, I dunno.

The _most_ bad thing about the 8k jump is the increase in the buying costs of infra, you'll pay more than 2kk per 10 level of infra after the jump, I think the increase is around 40%

The upkeep cost is only slightly higher, you might go even when getting a donation or two and 200 more infra...

Different than any other jump before (maybe not 5k) is that the question you're asking yourself will be:

More meat?

A nation of 12k infra will have a military advantage over a 8k infra nation. If 12k infra nation loose 6k infra, it's still very much able to fight. If 8k infra looses 6k infra, it's seriously crippled.

The other side of the medal is that the more infra, the higher the daily costs will be. But, and this is my personal oppinion, it does not matter very much if you've to pay 5, 6 or 7 millions per day on infra. If you want cheap bills, you better stay at 3999 or 4999 infra. If you go to 7999 infra, it's only logical you want to go higher as well.

A further question would be what else you're going to spend your money on. Even if you give out $15M in aid every 10 days, buy an expensive wonder every 30 days, and have a massive military, you're going to have money left over.

You might want a massive pot of money "just in case", but on balance it's probably more 'fun' to invest some of that than to just look at your money.

edit: ok, the 15M (5x3) could be 27M (6x4.5), but that doesn't change the gist of this issue. I made the jump and would do it again.

Edited by TheBFG

This is correct, there is a 15k infra jump, but no one will go to it. Why? Because around 13k (or slightly lower if you have nukes), buying infra will no longer return a profit as the upkeep cost will exceed the benefit in income. Therefore, to get to 15k, you'd have to trash your economy pretty badly.

This is correct, there is a 15k infra jump, but no one will go to it. Why? Because around 13k (or slightly lower if you have nukes), buying infra will no longer return a profit as the upkeep cost will exceed the benefit in income. Therefore, to get to 15k, you'd have to trash your economy pretty badly.

Whenever someone does get closer though (probably 14.5kish) admin will probably reduce the infra upkeep cost.

Thanks for clearing up about infra jump :)

Surely (... ;)) the admin will change the forumlas around as soon as people start hitting the stage where the profit curve starts to dip at 13k, or add infra improvements or something based on that which encourages you to purchase more infra. Since the game is based on infrastructure, I would say the 8k jump it certainly worth it (oh if only I was there). Two donations seems a very wise idea to do the jump.. :)

Btw steodonn, have you noticed santa is waving his hands in windscreen wiper-like motion? :P

If your labor camp swapping properly. You should always have atleast 100m unless you just purchased a wonder. I made the jump a few months back and double donations would help but is not a neccessity. My nation is totaly about gaining NS as fast as possible and increasing my economy to the max, not for war power. I've never been in an offensive war so I can't attest to the power of an 8k+ nation but i'd imagine it would be pretty magnificent. If your really concerned about bill lock spend a month doing nothing but saving up money and paying bills, at the end you'll probably have about 270m+ which is enough cash to pay bills for over a month and a half. Keep all that cash on hand a only spend the excess of that and it will be impossible for anyone to bill lock you. Anyways those are just my thoughts.

-Veritas