War Ends

The fact that people are still coming here bawwing is stupid. Get over it, NSO made some stupid moves, got spanked for it. Deal with it and stop crying like a teen girl that just found out her boyfriend likes his playstation more than her. It is really unbecoming to read some of these comments; Start acting like nation leaders.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed - if the NSO is required to give a beer review, they should also be required to bring enough for the whole class.

Seriously, though - congrats to the NSO for finally getting peace in the stupidest war Planet Bob has seen in quite a while.

[quote name='KaitlinK' timestamp='1282628698' post='2428980']
Sad to see STA doing NSO's !@#$%* work but I am happy to play along...

Ragnarok and her allies did walk away from this war as stated. I dont see ANY mention of reparations or demands unless of course you count the alliance crushing requirement of a beer review? /end sarcasm
The war was not dragged on and NSO was given the opportunity to have peace prior to update tonight thus avoiding another round, as those partial querys that you were not actually a part of stated.

But hey thanks for the positive PR STA!
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]That's rubbish and you know it. We were given no opportunity to end the war sooner. Had we had one we would have taken it. As Lint said, it was either this or months of war, so enjoy your empty apology and hollow victory.[/color]

[quote name='Timtacious' timestamp='1282655025' post='2429343']
I'm pretty sure that after taking us down half of our NS over 6 mil, asking for 50 mil would turn nearly everyone against them on grounds of stupidity.
[/quote]

Ask your friends in NPO about it.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1282654822' post='2429337']
EDIT: Oh, almost forgot....

I can't believe you guys actually took up my suggestion of a beer review.

+1 for me. Huzzah!
[/quote]

Oh that was your suggestion? Thank you [i]so[/i] much for that!

Here's to fighting SuperFriends to a stalemate! Victory to the Sith!

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1282628999' post='2428994']
These kinds of admission of guilt terms are curious. They leave very little recourse for the NSO to complain about the war in future discussions.

It is in some ways a restriction of free speech. Should an NSO member declare, for example, that they didn't provoke Ragnarok, he would be in breach of terms and thus, theoretically, open to attack. Just As Bad[sup]TM[/sup] indeed.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Lint agreed to sign the terms, however, I and many others still think the wording leaves a lot to be desired, or in some parts, make up entirely new situations (we never once spoke to TENE prior to the war, so I fail to see how we threatened them). They get an empty apology from us and we get out of the war instead of staying in it for months.

And Xiphie, if you want to hit me for breach of terms you know how to find me. Please, give it a try.[/color]

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282627633' post='2428924']
Not only is turtling a valid strategy when you are absurdly outnumbered... it's a smart one. Good on them for using whatever tactics they could to survive your ridiculous curbstomp.
[/quote]

Its the strategy of the coward,in my country and maybe continent.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1282628355' post='2428964']
Thank you for a good war NSO, it was an honor to fight an alliance with such spirit and conviction as your own.

o/ no reps
o/ War!
o/ anouther one soon sometime hey!
[/quote]

o/ War!
o/ anouther one soon sometime hey!

but it was a bad war...only two targets,one turtled,the other was good.

[quote name='Heyman' timestamp='1282628433' post='2428972']
[/quote]

Allow me to say that this guy is wasted in your alliance.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1282629752' post='2429023']
We had to agree to say these things in order to achieve peace. That's the very definition of a term.
[/quote]

You really want harsher terms,don't you? Ask me to make terms next time:P and I will just quote history(just because it RoKs)

[quote name='History']The Spartans call for the assembly to decide on peace.Sparta's allies want Athens to be completely destroyed and its citizens to becme enslaved.Spartans agree on these terms:

Here by,Athens agrees to follow Sparta to land or sea,wherever they lead them,and to consider the same friends and enemies with them no matter of their relations and to consider Sparta as friends.Also,Athens agrees to get help from Sparta in order to establish a stronger and more stable government and economy even if they find their decisions non-profiting or incorrect.Further,Athens will be responsible for any actions not approved by Sparta.Later,Athens is obliged to surrender all her fleet but 12 ships and to destroy the "Long walls"... (I don't remember the rest)
[/quote]

If you would like to get such terms(or worse),press 1 - pm me.
If you would like to fight again,press 2 - kill the "30".
If you would like to continue as you are,please shut up.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1282655979' post='2429364']
Oh that was your suggestion? Thank you [i]so[/i] much for that!

Here's to fighting SuperFriends to a stalemate! Victory to the Sith!
[/quote]
Yes, I gave you the opportunity to display the lack of maturity your side enjoys decrying so much.

You reap what you sow.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1282657632' post='2429382']
Yes, I gave you the opportunity to display the lack of maturity your side enjoys decrying so much.

You reap what you sow.
[/quote]

Bring it.

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1282655519' post='2429354']
The fact that people are still coming here bawwing is stupid. Get over it, NSO made some stupid moves, got spanked for it. Deal with it and stop crying like a teen girl that just found out her boyfriend likes his playstation more than her. It is really unbecoming to read some of these comments; Start acting like nation leaders.
[/quote]

Sounds like you are speaking from personal experience. <_<

The surrender terms are what they are. Sure NSO screwed up. But I wouldn't call this a PR bonanza for anyone involved.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1282654822' post='2429337']
Congratulations to our allies Ragnarok (and their allies, of course) on their victory.

Calling what's in the OP "terms" is just stupid, since it's plain that the NSO doesn't mean a damn word of it anyway.

Now, don't you have a moral crusade somewhere to toddle off to, child?

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot....

I can't believe you guys actually took up my suggestion of a beer review.

+1 for me. Huzzah!
[/quote]

I called it at the start of the war too. Great minds...

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1282658308' post='2429391']
I called it at the start of the war too. Great minds...
[/quote]

[quote]8/8/2010 6:03:11 PM
"GODs Coming For a Beer Review[/quote]

As the first nation to DoW in this entire thing, I think I get to steal that +1 :v

[quote name='GeoLauzier' timestamp='1282658748' post='2429397']
It's funny to see that moralists are un-sarcastically considering these requirement as some real terms. NSO, you should stop being so bitter in defeats, that will help you pass through most of your future wars.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No one is bitter over here. Most of us are having a great time with this.[/color]

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1282657702' post='2429385']
Bring it.
[/quote]

I don't [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=91194&view=getlastpost"]need[/url] to. Thanks for the offer, though.

I suspect that the next time you land yourself in a war -- and there will be a next time -- you'll be facing something a bit more harsh than an admission of responsibility that you can immediately deny.

[quote name='Lysandros' timestamp='1282657096' post='2429379']
You really want harsher terms,don't you? Ask me to make terms next time:P and I will just quote history(just because it RoKs)

[Irrelevant history quote here]

If you would like to get such terms(or worse),press 1 - pm me.
If you would like to fight again,press 2 - kill the "30".
If you would like to continue as you are,please shut up.
[/quote]
Next time? Duly noted. ;)

[quote name='Dinux' timestamp='1282659975' post='2429408']
I like to thx GOD for attacking my nation over 8 hours after peace have been restored, nothing like a good old fashion soccerpunch.
[/quote]
I'm sure they'll offer an apology as meaningful as your alliance's admission of wrongdoing.

[quote name='Dinux' timestamp='1282659975' post='2429408']
I like to thx GOD for attacking my nation over 8 hours after peace have been restored, nothing like a good old fashion soccerpunch.
[/quote]

That's solely on me; I've been out of contact for a while and was unaware that hostilities had ended. My apologies again.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1282660133' post='2429409']
I'm sure they'll offer an apology as meaningful as your alliance's admission of wrongdoing.
[/quote]

I can assure you that we'll admit to wrongdoing just as soon as we're actually wrong at something.