War Ends

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1282632219' post='2429146']
We had other allies and we weren't actually given the same opportunity to leave as Polar was and what are you talking about this isn't relevant or analogous at all....huh?
[/quote]
Except Polar didn't have to "leave" they declared on us, and yes, I admitted you had to do a beer review to get out. Oh my, the horror! Grub had to admit he wasn't the sole moral authority on bob. That probably hurt him more than a beer review would have hurt you, but I digress.

All I'm saying is than an ally has the ability to stay on a front even if the original combatant (as an aggressor even) declares peace. That's all.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1282632111' post='2429143']
Again: NSO did the same thing. They were called in, but when their allies left that front, they stayed in. So I don't see how one could claim such a thing.

Granted, NSO did have a term to fulfill, even if it was a light one.
[/quote]
We stayed in the middle of being curbstomped for our pride, rather than whined and complained about having a curbstomp target taken away from us we never had any right to in the first place.

The circumstances are so different, that your attempts to paint them as similar boggles the mind.

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1282632389' post='2429155']
Not true. Also, we don't have no stinking stenographer.
[/quote]
I was going to get you one but then the war happened so we had to divert funds again.

One of these days.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1282632401' post='2429156']
All I'm saying is than an ally has the ability to stay on a front even if the original combatant (as an aggressor even) declares peace. That's all.
[/quote]
Well, okay, I'll agree with that. That's not what happened here, though.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1282629467' post='2429008']
Just a bit of a side point, if you review your logs technically that was never said. There was no direct discussion of what would happen if the terms were rejected, nor any counter proposals of any type.
[/quote]

You are right, however it was implied by the (paraphrasing) 'we wanna get this done before update'.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1282632569' post='2429160']
We stayed in the middle of being curbstomped for our pride, rather than whined and complained about having a curbstomp target taken away from us we never had any right to in the first place.

The circumstances are so different, that your attempts to paint them as similar boggles the mind.
[/quote]
It would have been an even sided war had the sides stayed so. In fact, if TOP/IRON/CnG hadn't entered, it would have been your side that'd have the number advantage iirc.

GOD can stay in for their pride to fulfill a vendetta they have. I'm not saying they were right, but they had the right to do so as a sovereign alliance,

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1282630178' post='2429044']
No one is debating that NSO surrendered. I'm flat out accusing RoK of lying. You're avoiding the accusation, most likely because there really isn't any way to dodge it when the proof is right there.
[/quote]

I read your post and since I wasnt clear enough for you the first time listen up. Spin away princess but there was no lying. Whine and cry all you like your boy has given an opportunity to surrender which he chose and the war ended in the time frame Hoo had suggested. And clinging to a beer review (or posting their surrender) as a term is really just too sad for words Pez.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1282632401' post='2429156']
*bipolar war stuff*
[/quote]
Your point seems bizarre considering just how different the situations are. Back then, we stayed in a front for lack of, well, an alternative. We didn't exactly have a numerical advantage at that point of the war. RoK's allies, on the other hand, would've been staying in with a numerical advantage. The difference in circumstances simply is too large to make a good comparison, in my view.

Speaking of this tangent, however, I think the NSO forgave Polar for all that a while back.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1282632406' post='2429157']
I also enjoyed the part where his government official and allies basically say that whatever Hoo said was completely irrelevant.
[/quote]
We know who is really pulling the strings, don't you?

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1282632725' post='2429164']
It would have been an even sided war had the sides stayed so. In fact, if TOP/IRON/CnG hadn't entered, it would have been your side that'd have the number advantage iirc.

GOD can stay in for their pride to fulfill a vendetta they have. I'm not saying they were right, but they had the right to do so as a sovereign alliance,
[/quote]
We stayed in even when it was clear that the sides werent even. Hell, we went in expecting a curbstomp for the sake of our allies in the first place.

And you're going to equate that kind of loyalty and dedication with the opportunism shown by GOD in this war? Wow.

I mean, that doesn't even address the fact that this whole war started over us being "too stupid" to not take Hoo at face value, and then these terms come out because "frankly you shouldnt take Hoo seriously".

It's one or the other guys.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='KaitlinK' timestamp='1282632803' post='2429165']
I read your post and since I wasnt clear enough for you the first time listen up. Spin away princess but there was no lying. Whine and cry all you like your boy has given an opportunity to surrender which he chose and the war ended in the time frame Hoo had suggested. And clinging to a beer review (or posting their surrender) as a term is really just too sad for words Pez.
[/quote]
Are you actually an idiot or do you just like to pretend?

Pezstar and I get along pretty terribly, but even I can realize that she's right. Anything, no matter how small, [b]isn't nothing.[/b] It's just that simple. No matter how much you belittle a pebble, saying that it's not a mountain, it's still a rock.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1282631941' post='2429135']
I can probably scrape it up, I'll even throw in 12 tech and 70 soldiers. That might add an extra couple weeks to the war.
[/quote]

Thanks man. This will make me invincible...I'm getting a semi just thinking of all the infra I'll steal.

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1282632808' post='2429166']
Your point seems bizarre considering just how different the situations are. Back then, we stayed in a front for lack of, well, an alternative. We didn't exactly have a numerical advantage at that point of the war. RoK's allies, on the other hand, would've been staying in with a numerical advantage. The difference in circumstances simply is too large to make a good comparison, in my view.

Speaking of this tangent, however, I think the NSO forgave Polar for all that a while back.
[/quote]
I remember you guys being okay in terms of numbers before the NpO's withdrawal, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, to put an end to this off-topic tangent I'll just concede that the situations are in fact different and perhaps they thus cannot be compared but I believe that an alliance has the sovereignty to stay in a war if the original combatants have ended their war.

[quote name='KaitlinK' timestamp='1282632803' post='2429165']
...princess ... Whine and cry ... your boy
[/quote]
While I respect your right to speak as you will and hold varying opinions, please keep your sexism here to a minimum. Maintaining a certain level of respect in these conversations is absolutely critical. You would know, after all. Y'all did pull the first set of terms we hashed out due to a perceived lack of respect here.

And this is why going easy on NSO is pointless, and even counterproductive. To them the basic acts of apologizing and admitting defeat are as horrible as being kept under terms for a year and a half while sending out all their tech. The sheer amount of whining you get from them and STA over the technicalities of an essentially white peace is more painful than the tears you'd have to listen to were they disbanded.

Please, the next alliance to defeat NSO has to put them out of their misery. Letting them go after every war is only dooming the rest of us to more months of hearing their !@#$%^&*.

[quote name='Choader' timestamp='1282633207' post='2429176']
And this is why going easy on NSO is pointless, and even counterproductive. To them the basic acts of apologizing and admitting defeat are as horrible as being kept under terms for a year and a half while sending out all their tech. The sheer amount of whining you get from them and STA over the technicalities of an essentially white peace is more painful than the tears you'd have to listen to were they disbanded.

Please, the next alliance to defeat NSO has to put them out of their misery. Letting them go after every war is only dooming the rest of us to more months of hearing their !@#$%^&*.
[/quote]

Posts like this. They fuel me. MORE!

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1282631752' post='2429125']
Yes, I am telling you that Hoo cannot "TELL" his allies to get out. If YOU believe he can, then you sir, are the foolish one.
[/quote]

Then Hoo has some very !@#$%* and selfish allies. If RoK calls in allies to stop NSO going to peace mode and those allies cannot agree to peace out on RoK's terms then I find acceptance of that to be an act of foolishness and one that shows zero respect to RoK from their allies.

Then again, it is not unexpected considering the company we are talking about here.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1282632990' post='2429172']
Thanks man. This will make me invincible...I'm getting a semi just thinking of all the infra I'll steal.
[/quote]

No problem, I like to help out white team alliances even if we aren't allies. Just remember, send 20 bombers to steal max infra.

[quote name='jekalle' timestamp='1282627411' post='2428911']
I for one enjoyed the battling and of course the banter. But this nonsense with no terms, etc... I could see your point if there were reparations alloted, or something other than a beer review required. I see an alliance officially admitting that they made a mistake and have owned up to it. If this is a you say tomato, I say tomato argument, then so be it, but it will be one ridiculous argument.

In the end, thanks for a fun week or two NSO.
[/quote]

You may see them as admitting to the mistakes. Others see it differently.

Nice to see NSO out of war. Good luck rebuilding!
o/ NSO

Edited by Feuersturm

[/quote]

I don't really see that this was going easy on them at all. Billions and billions in damage over a two week curbing for the crime of doubting Hoo's word isn't going easy at all.

And what LW was forced to sign in these terms were far from an apology and admitting defeat. He was given the option to sign a pack of lies to save his alliance even more damage after being told by the man who's word is supposed to be the gold standard on CN that RoK wouldn't be making them do it, or face more war.

Please, the next alliance to defeat NSO has to put them out of their misery. Letting them go after every war is only dooming the rest of us to more months of hearing their !@#$%^&*.[/quote]

Why, thank you for the motivation, sir.