Friends with Your Enemies?

Aeternos Astramora

274 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No to the first

A sort of Yes to the Second, RnR expressed support for IRON in the GATO-1V war, so no direct fight but certainly on opposite sides of a major war.

And for the third I am inclined to say no, however on could argue my return to ODN after the GATO-1V war was sort of crossing over to the other side, especially in light of ODN's then Sec-Gen + govt's relationship to 1V, TC and others at the time.

[b]Have you ever been in an alliance you have previously been at war with?[/b]

1. Yes [i]-- or vice versa really (I was Polar in GW3, then in TOP fighting them for NoCB)[/i]

[b]Is one of your current treaty partners (ODP+) an alliance you (as a nation, not an alliance) have previously been at war with?[/b]

2. No -- [i]I have no treaty partners[/i] :mad:

[b]Have you ever switched sides of the treaty web?[/b]

1. Yes, I joined an alliance on the other side. [i]-- from LOSS (GW2) to NpO (GW3)[/i]

----------

Maybe I did more stuff, I have basically forgot every thing between the Unjust and NoCB wars, and every thing since then to like a week ago :P

Looking at things via Alliances is so limiting, I prefer to count things in friends. I think my oldest friend on Bob is one of my first enemies from when we was on opposite sides in GW2. Friends > Alliances, no matter what Alliance me and said friend(s) are in at the moment.

Also I pity people who spend their entire career in one Alliance and never get to see the wonders that is a new community and new people who do things differently.

Yes. Although my time NoV/NoR accounts for the overwhelming majority of my time on Bob, I have personally belonged to a number of alliances whether on one side or the other. (Or neutral, even.)

Yes. Nordreich DoW'd Valhalla in the last war, and the two of us just signed an MDoAP. We had been talking about having a closer relationship for quite some time before the war, and started talking about it again once the war ended.

Yes. NoR 1.0/NoV were once quite firmly on the WUT/OV/Q side of things, until being abandoned and then DoW'd by many of those same 'friends'. As I've said many times, the reason we're now so much closer to former foes is that at least they always had the courtesy to stab us in the [i]chest[/i].

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1282303621' post='2424368'][color="#0000FF"]I don't know about the rest of you, but I change sides on a yearly basis.[/color][/quote]

Yearly? Methinks you're on a planet that circles the Sun a bit more quickly than the rest of us.

Edited by Ashoka the Great

I've never left an alliance but I've been in a few alliance mergers. And those bring in new friends as well as enemies.

1) UCA (which I was part of) merged into SSSW18 at the very tail end of the GATO-1V war which sssw18 was lightly engaged in and which the first incarnation of IAA was destroyed during. SSSW18 later merged with the reincarnated IAA.

2) SSSW18 was at war with Athens during wotc which is now a high level IAA treaty partner. Sssw18 was on friendly terms with Athens and we respected the sacrifices they made for their friends in that war. At least on SSSW18's part there was little animosity towards them and they've been good friends to IAA.

3) Right after the Karma War various surrender terms and SSSW18's long planned treaty upgrade with =LOST= moved it to the opposite side of the treaty web. SSSW18 merged with IAA shortly after the TPF treaty came back online with TPF coming out of surrender terms.

We were more concerned with community and friends than we were with sides. So being on the "other side" is less of a big deal for me than say someone else who lived and breathed for four years wanting revenge over some "unforgiveable" slight.

Edited by Taget

Yes. I was in IRON in '06 (neutral) and moved to Wolfpack and got rolled in it by IRON and friends a year after departing it. I forgot what Wolfpack's ties were with besides FEAR.

Took a year break and joined ODN 20 days before Karma and unwittingly switched sides in the political spheres as a nation.
Fought FEAR and countered by Wolfpack.
Fought against IRON in the CnG-TOP war.

So Yes, no, and yes.

Edited by Chaoshawk

noCB War - Fought Against NPO and VE, I joined MK to help with the war.
Karma War - Fought Against IRON, I was King of FCC at the time.
BiPolar War - Fought Against FOK, Fark, CSN, and Guru Order. I was a member of NSO at the time.

I'm at war with VE currently, but don't think someone being in an alliance your fighting causes you to lose all the friends you have that are in that alliance. Alliances that are friends or foes do change as the make up of the alliance does.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1282362875' post='2425387']
Don't think someone being in an alliance your fighting causes you to lose all the friends you have that are in that alliance.
[/quote]

Heh, there are people who seem to like me but think my alliance should die in a fire. :P

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1282275745' post='2423935']
Never been in an alliance that I had been at war with, or allied an alliance I had been at war with (though while I was in tR, we discussed a treaty with TORN). However, in FnKa, we began switching sides. After fighting on the Hegemony side in Karma, alongside TOOL, we began moving towards Karma, upgrading to MDoAPs with MOON and The International. And I personally have switched sides (I guess) from Hegemony FnKa to SuperGrievances tR, and now ODN, if that counts.
[/quote]
Pretty much this guy, except for the ODN part at the end :P

Great War III I was fighting for LoSS and right after the war, I joined the Viridian Entente so yea.. Switched sides to an alliance that a few days earlier we were at war with.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1282271673' post='2423845']
Doitzel and Electron Sponge were probably my two most hated people on Bob before Vox. Chickenzilla too. I had been told to hate Starfox in \m/ but I actually liked him.

Ended up fighting with Polar on the opposite side of TORN/Rok.
[/quote]
Oh you :blush:
I never hated anyone :smug:

I spent one month in TOOL after my alliance, DefCon, merged into it. After that I left and joined Nemesis (firmly on the other side)

I later rejoined TOOL and spent a few months there. Then NpO attacked \m/ and PC declared war. I thought it would be a small war and left TOOL to fight for PC. It did blow out of proportion and thus I officially ditched my alliance in a war. After my wars with NpO (1 round) and Valhalla (1 round) ended I jumped right back over to TOOL to pay my debt.

So I flip flopped quite a bit that last war. and iirc TOOL was at war with Nemesis, so I guess I fall under the category of fighting your former alliance. I guess you could also argue I have fought against allies (LoSS, Nemesis, Sparta) all in noir who attacked TOOL.