Star City ruthlessly attacked by warmonger!

Yuri Armstrong

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1281903219' post='2416910']
And he might not have gotten any of that had he not been attacked by GOONS' applicant AA in the first place.
[/quote]

The profit margin will probably be disputed since Mr. Nixon refuses to publish his likely biased war statistics. I for one do not enjoy spending 50k in bills each day to guard against further attacks. I do appreciate the aid and assistance I have received but I would have preferred that this whole thing didn't happen in teh first place.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1281903219' post='2416910']
And he might not have gotten any of that had he not been attacked by GOONS' applicant AA in the first place.
[/quote]

The majority of nations attacked by GOONS do not bring the raid to the public. As such, they don't get any assistance. Cases like Yuri are rare. What mostly occurs is that GOONS raids a nation, nation vanishes off this planet after 25 or so days.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1281906093' post='2416960']
The majority of nations attacked by GOONS do not bring the raid to the public. As such, they don't get any assistance. Cases like Yuri are rare. What mostly occurs is that GOONS raids a nation, nation vanishes off this planet after 25 or so days.
[/quote]

So in effect, tech raiding is actually hurting the game. I saw some blogs saying that every day we lose more members. Can you believe there were actually 40,000 nations at one time? Is it possible for this negative trend to continue? And more importantly, could stopping tech raiding, at least on new nations, help slow down or even reverse this trend? I for one, believe that it couldn't hurt to give it a try.

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' timestamp='1281908698' post='2417007']
So in effect, tech raiding is actually hurting the game. I saw some blogs saying that every day we lose more members. Can you believe there were actually 40,000 nations at one time? Is it possible for this negative trend to continue? And more importantly, could stopping tech raiding, at least on new nations, help slow down or even reverse this trend? I for one, believe that it couldn't hurt to give it a try.
[/quote]

You will find that there will be a coalition of alliances who have interests in keeping this "sport" alive, even if it might hurt Planet Bob as a whole. They are selfish and careless and will derive joy from driving nations out of this planet. Until the world realizes the danger that they pose and acts, this trend will continue.

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' timestamp='1281892041' post='2416754']
I see you totally ignored my point about how much stronger GPA is than GOONS. You grow more when you're not constantly at war.

So because it was a tech raid he shouldn't have to pay reparations? Under what situation do you think reparations would be appropriate? The attack can't be justified in any way at all. He took what was mine for his own personal profit and is no better than a schoolyard bully.
[/quote]
I didn't ignore that. No, you don't.

Correct. Reps are only paid when you're actually at war, and you lose said war. The winners get to bask in success. You are the loser. If, say, GOONS ever got pissed because of this you would be the one paying reps. Schoolyard bullies prosper here, as in real life politics. Deal with it.

[quote name='Caleb279' timestamp='1281909043' post='2417012']
I didn't ignore that. No, you don't.

Correct. Reps are only paid when you're actually at war, and you lose said war. The winners get to bask in success. You are the loser. If, say, GOONS ever got pissed because of this you would be the one paying reps. Schoolyard bullies prosper here, as in real life politics. Deal with it.
[/quote]

Really? He is the loser in this war? Do note that Yuri gained ~1.3k ns in the duration of the war. I'd hardly call that a loss.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1281909258' post='2417016']
Really? He is the loser in this war? Do note that Yuri gained ~1.3k ns in the duration of the war. I'd hardly call that a loss.
[/quote]
I didn't realize that actually. However I talked to the attacker...he's gained quite a bit as well.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1281906093' post='2416960']
What mostly occurs is that GOONS raids a nation, nation vanishes off this planet after 25 or so days.
[/quote]

And nothing of value is lost really. If they rage quit after being attacked once, I doubt they'd really be all that committed or add anything to the community anyway. I'd say alliances like GOONS certainly bring more entertainment and interest to the table than any such nations could. Topics like this spring up all the time and as a result they become a near constant topic of conversation, controversy and debate. I'd much rather have an alliance like GOONS than even a thousand such nations that would cry and upend the chess board after getting blitzed once. Just my personal take.

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1281910808' post='2417040']
And nothing of value is lost really. If they rage quit after being attacked once, I doubt they'd really be all that committed or add anything to the community anyway. I'd say alliances like GOONS certainly bring more entertainment and interest to the table than any such nations could. Topics like this spring up all the time and as a result they become a near constant topic of conversation, controversy and debate. I'd much rather have an alliance like GOONS than even a thousand such nations that would cry and upend the chess board after getting blitzed once. Just my personal take.
[/quote]

If you raid any new nation, chances are, they're not going to stick around planet bob much longer. Perhaps if they had gotten a chance to properly participate in an alliance or allowed to do something for themselves, they may have become active participants of the community. Every nation that is lost due to tech raiding is a potential lost because of greed and selfishness.

[quote name='Caleb279' timestamp='1281909043' post='2417012']
I didn't ignore that. No, you don't.[/quote]
Think about it though. Nobody collects taxes or builds infrastructure and technology during the war because they would likely just lose it during the war. So therefore growth stops for 7 days while you try to drain technology and money from your victim, and while it may be the same as if you had grown for 7 days it probably wouldn't surpass it.

You don't need war to grow and be successful, as GPA has proven.

[quote]Correct. Reps are only paid when you're actually at war, and you lose said war. The winners get to bask in success. You are the loser. If, say, GOONS ever got pissed because of this you would be the one paying reps. Schoolyard bullies prosper here, as in real life politics. Deal with it.
[/quote]
Actually I gained quite a bit during this war without attacking once, and I am confident I could destroy Mr. Nixon's nation if I were a similar man as him. But I have chosen not to counterattack and to choose the route of peace. It appears Nixon though is too cowardly to keep attacking yet to proud to accept peace, so it seems then that our war will expire with no clear winner.

Still though, what he did was wrong, and he should give back what was taken illegaly.

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' timestamp='1281913432' post='2417092']
Think about it though. Nobody collects taxes or builds infrastructure and technology during the war because they would likely just lose it during the war. So therefore growth stops for 7 days while you try to drain technology and money from your victim, and while it may be the same as if you had grown for 7 days it probably wouldn't surpass it.

You don't need war to grow and be successful, as GPA has proven.

Actually I gained quite a bit during this war without attacking once, and I am confident I could destroy Mr. Nixon's nation if I were a similar man as him. But I have chosen not to counterattack and to choose the route of peace. It appears Nixon though is too cowardly to keep attacking yet to proud to accept peace, so it seems then that our war will expire with no clear winner.

Still though, what he did was wrong, and he should give back what was taken illegaly.
[/quote]
Thats why you have a warchest. So you don't lose anything, and can still kick the crap out of puny nations.

I'm proud of you...you survived a tech raid. But remember, nothing is illegal in tech raiding.

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' timestamp='1281902984' post='2416907']
Exactly my point. They've survived this whole time without disbanding and have attracted lots of nations and growth.

Yeah, and that's wrong.
[/quote]
Well buddy if you look, GPA still hasn't reached the ns that original GOONS reached in the year and a half (? not sure on exact time) that they were in existance. Plus of the many reasons that lead to the original GOONS downfall I don't think straight tech raiding was at the very top. So please stop trying to use them as an extention of us.

I'd like to announce that Mr. Nixon has wisely accepted the peace offer and this senseless war has come to an end! Though I lost brave men and territory in the initial attacks I am happy to see that peace is the order of the day. In appreciation for those who helped me, I shall pass on my assistance to those being tech raided every day.

My nation is also now a member state of the alliance Nemesis, so I now stand together with other nations against those who would seek to profit from war on my country.

Edited by Yuri Armstrong

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' timestamp='1281956882' post='2417800']
I'd like to announce that Mr. Nixon has wisely accepted the peace offer and this senseless war has come to an end! Though I lost brave men and territory in the initial attacks I am happy to see that peace is the order of the day. In appreciation for those who helped me, I shall pass on my assistance to those being tech raided every day.

My nation is also now a member state of the alliance Nemesis, so I now stand together with other nations against those who would seek to profit from war on my country.
[/quote]
Feel free to help any of these guys
http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance,Receiving_Alliance&search=Goon%20Order%20of%20Oppression%20Negligence%20and%20Sadism&anyallexact=exact

[quote name='Jakome' timestamp='1281972213' post='2417941']
Feel free to help any of these guys
http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance,Receiving_Alliance&search=Goon%20Order%20of%20Oppression%20Negligence%20and%20Sadism&anyallexact=exact
[/quote]

That is despicable... why are you raiding people in alliances? When I have the chance and my nation is larger I shall aid them in whatever way possible.

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' timestamp='1281978213' post='2418004']
That is despicable... why are you raiding people in alliances? When I have the chance and my nation is larger I shall aid them in whatever way possible.
[/quote]

...and I will laugh when you get your $@! chewed by your alliance's government for provoking us. Seriously, learn the ways of this world before your tears and your mouth get you somewhere you can't back out of. Nemesis has been kind enough to take you in, don't make them regret it by being the little mouthy child hiding behind his big brother.

Edited by nippy

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' timestamp='1281978213' post='2418004']
[/quote]
I look forward to that day

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1281978474' post='2418011']
...and I will laugh when you get your $@! chewed by your alliance's government for provoking us. Seriously, learn the ways of this world before your tears and your mouth get you somewhere you can't back out of. Nemesis has been kind enough to take you in, don't make them regret it by big the little mouthy child hiding behind his big brother.
[/quote]

Who said anything about provoking? You assume too much, you are just trying to make me look bad because you're angry that I came out of the tech raid essentially unscathed (but we shall never forget the 181 men who died due to the greed of a war profiteer).

I meant I will assist them monetarily and help them find an alliance, or offer protection to their nation from future raiders. There are lots of ways to assist victims of tech raids, though I suppose narrow minded war profiteers such as yourself think only in terms of war.

Also, that will be an action taken by Star City, not the government of Nemesis. It is not their stated purpose to help victims of tech raids, so there is not much point in bringing that up.

Edited by Yuri Armstrong

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' timestamp='1281978601' post='2418015']
Who said anything about provoking? You assume too much, you are just trying to make me look bad because you're angry that I came out of the tech raid essentially unscathed (but we shall never forget the 181 men who died due to the greed of a war profiteer).

[b]I meant I will assist them monetarily[/b] and help them find an alliance, or offer protection to their nation from future raiders. There are lots of ways to assist victims of tech raids, though I suppose narrow minded war profiteers such as yourself think only in terms of war.
[/quote]

LIKE I SAID....learn the ways of the world. 'Assisting them monetarily' is precisely the kind of interference I am referring to. Your own narrow mind seems unable to grasp the fact that [b]you're now in an alliance[/b], so learning what is expected of you as an alliance member should be your FIRST priority...not planning on conducting your own self-serving interference in other alliance's affairs. Also, you better believe that your claim of having protection over another nation will gladly be tested by any number of techraiders out there. What are you going to do....go to Nemesis government and complain that a nation you've extended personal protection over is being attacked? That's why there are treaties, protectorates, etc. Personal protection never works.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1281978955' post='2418023']
LIKE I SAID....learn the ways of the world. 'Assisting them monetarily' is precisely the kind of interference I am referring to. Your own narrow mind seems unable to grasp the fact that [b]you're now in an alliance[/b], so learning what is expected of you as an alliance member should be your FIRST priority...[/quote]
It would be Star City's funds giving the aid, not Nemesis'. It is not my first priority to assist them, my first priority is to assist my alliance. But I will help them in whatever way I can just as some in this thread have assisted me.

[quote]not planning on conducting your own self-serving interference in other alliance's affairs.[/quote]
Self-serving? How is giving foreign aid and using an aid slot self serving?

[quote]Also, you better believe that your claim of having protection over another nation will gladly be tested by any number of techraiders out there. What are you going to do....go to Nemesis government and complain that a nation you've extended personal protection over is being attacked? That's why there are treaties, protectorates, etc. Personal protection never works.
[/quote]

Your mind is still stuck on war, I guess that is all the goons think about. You keep brining up Nemesis without realizing that I am not asking for their assistance and endorsements. If I extend a hand of personal protection over someone, I will take care of the situation myself without complaining to the Nemesis government. And this would be through mulitple ways, diplomacy, foreign aid, etc. I'm not going to believe that all tech raiders are unreasonable. In fact, Mr. Nixon accepted my peace offer this morning, so that goes to show that raiders can be reasoned with.

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' timestamp='1281979511' post='2418032']
Self-serving? How is giving foreign aid and using an aid slot self serving?
[/quote]
It's your agenda, yes? I certainly don't buy the 'helping others' thing. You clearly have a martyr complex, as is evident by this 'woe is me' thread you've concocted.

Your mind is still stuck on war, I guess that is all the goons think about. You keep brining up Nemesis without realizing that I am not asking for their assistance and endorsements.
[/quote]
That's because alliances tend to like their membership to adhere to their own policies. By all means, you should have joined Celestial Being. You'd fit right in.

If I extend a hand of personal protection over someone, I will take care of the situation myself without complaining to the Nemesis government. And this would be through mulitple ways, diplomacy, foreign aid, etc.
[/quote]
I can't wait for you to attempt 'diplomacy' with an alliance over your personal protection of an unaligned nation. Prepare to be laughed at and chastised thoroughly.

I'm not going to believe that all tech raiders are unreasonable. In fact, Mr. Nixon accepted my peace offer this morning, so that goes to show that raiders can be reasoned with.
[/quote]
Most techraiders [i]aren't[/i] unreasonable. It is you that lacks reason.

Yuri, what nippy is getting at is.
Nation A attacks Nation B. You declare on Nation A. That is an act of war (obviously)
Nation A attacks Nation B. You send money to Nation B. That is seen as an act of war too. This time though, you are in an alliance, which means that now your alliance's foreign affairs spokesmen are involved. Nemesis has rules, procedures etc. I suggest you read them, and establish their policy towards the kind of behaviour you are suggesting.

All you people are trying to do is keep the practice of raiding innocent, sovereign nations going on for a little bit longer. You may insult me all you like, but that has not changed my purpose. I will be abiding by the rules and laws Nemesis sets forth for its member nations, and I will assist tech raid victims to the best of my ability and within the laws and reccomendations of my alliance.