Star City ruthlessly attacked by warmonger!

Yuri Armstrong

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Caleb279' timestamp='1281743072' post='2415036']
While it isn't his choice persay, it his fault. I laugh at your attempt of a comeback. Whats actually getting old is nations pissing and moaning about tech raiding.
[/quote]
Its not his fault he got raided, but it is his fault that his nation burns when he is raided. Being unaligned isnt the same as taunting every alliance, its more akin to not defending yourself properly.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it isn't his choice persay, it his fault. I laugh at your attempt of a comeback.
[/quote]

It isn't his choice but it is his fault? That's a little contradictory, don't you think?

That's nothing more that shifting the blame. That's like saying, it was her fault because she wore her skirt too short. A transgression against another is still a transgression.

You can laugh at my "comeback" all you want, but I laugh at those pathetic cowards that feel like they have to pin the blame of their own actions onto others in order to feel better about what they do. Just man up and be honest about it. Just say "I destroy other people's nations, embarrass & belittle their leaders, kill their citizens, and steal their property because I can and I want what they have." At least own it, don't hide behind a mask of transference of guilt like a gutless chicken-!@#$.

Whats actually getting old is nations pissing and moaning about tech raiding.[/quote]

Do something about it. :smug:

Edited by Kzoppistan

While it isn't his choice persay, it his fault. I laugh at your attempt of a comeback. Whats actually getting old is nations pissing and moaning about tech raiding.
[/quote]
Wait, what? It wasn't his choice to attack me? This all rested in the hands of Nixon. He had the option to either attack me or not. You have to imagine from my perspective it's pretty frustrating to see that my men were killed and property destroyed, as well as farmland seized. Any ruler in such a situation has a right to bring such a ridiculous action of attacking a country for no reason other than personal gain to the world stage. Am I supposed to just sit back and take the raid? Raiders are simply people who are too lazy to build their own nation so they steal and destroy other people's hard work. They are also spineless as they attack the nation in the lowest range which has the most tech and money. He didn't even declare that he was going to attack beforehand, so I wasn't left the option to defend myself. I had an army for sure but they are no match for an advanced nation.

[quote name='agafaba' timestamp='1281744093' post='2415061']
Its not his fault he got raided, but it is his fault that his nation burns when he is raided. Being unaligned isnt the same as taunting every alliance, its more akin to not defending yourself properly.
[/quote]

It's impossible to "Defend yourself properly" because there is always a nation out there bigger than you that wants to steal your hard work. As I stated earlier, I wasn't testing the waters hoping a raider would attack, I made up a fake alliance name while I spent a couple of days looking around.

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' timestamp='1281641611' post='2413054']
I was looking for a suitable alliance. I even made up a fake alliance name to stay off the search lists. Can't I go a couple days independent while trying to find another alliance?[/quote]

there's a reason why CN has peace mode.

historically nations that aren't alliance members are open to raiding.

[/quote]

Again, I don't see why a nation is at fault for being attacked for doing nothing. The instigator of the conflict is the raider. The choice to start a war rested solely on his hands. As such, he is at fault for starting a war. You may find people complaining about tech raiding but some people just cannot accept supporting the destruction of a nation's resources for a meager profit.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1281745216' post='2415085']
It isn't his choice but it is his fault? That's a little contradictory, don't you think?

That's nothing more that shifting the blame. That's like saying, it was her fault because she wore her skirt too short. A transgression against another is still a transgression.

You can laugh at my "comeback" all you want, but I laugh at those pathetic cowards that feel like they have to pin the blame of their own actions onto others in order to feel better about what they do. Just man up and be honest about it. Just say "I destroy other people's nations, embarrass & belittle their leaders, kill their citizens, and steal their property because I can and I want what they have." At least own it, don't hide behind a mask of transference of guilt like a gutless chicken-!@#$.

Do something about it. :smug:
[/quote]
Now I'm not trying to pin the blame on others. I take full responsibility for my tech raids. What I'm saying is that pissing and moaning is pointless and looks stupid. So in his case, yes, its his fault for being unaligned. What the hell did he think was gonna happen?

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' timestamp='1281748880' post='2415161']
Wait, what? It wasn't his choice to attack me? This all rested in the hands of Nixon. He had the option to either attack me or not. You have to imagine from my perspective it's pretty frustrating to see that my men were killed and property destroyed, as well as farmland seized. Any ruler in such a situation has a right to bring such a ridiculous action of attacking a country for no reason other than personal gain to the world stage. Am I supposed to just sit back and take the raid? Raiders are simply people who are too lazy to build their own nation so they steal and destroy other people's hard work. They are also spineless as they attack the nation in the lowest range which has the most tech and money. He didn't even declare that he was going to attack beforehand, so I wasn't left the option to defend myself. I had an army for sure but they are no match for an advanced nation.

[/quote]
I lol'd at this. Your indignation makes me laugh.
I said it [i]wasn't your choic[/i]e. It was his.

And yes, take the raid like a man...or at least have the stones to not go crying when you're unaligned and get raided.

Edited by Caleb279

It sucks that you got raided, but it happens. Move on and learn your lesson. All you're doing now is making even more people want to raid you than would have bothered to before. It's counterproductive; that's how things work here, whether you or anyone else likes it or not, man.

[quote name='Caleb279' timestamp='1281771765' post='2415543']
I lol'd at this. Your indignation makes me laugh.
I said it [i]wasn't your choic[/i]e. It was his.

And yes, take the raid like a man...or at least have the stones to not go crying when you're unaligned and get raided.
[/quote]

Why should he have to? The raid itself was a cowardly attack upon an innocent nation. Why shouldn't this injustice be reported?

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1281775630' post='2415564']
It sucks that you got raided, but it happens. Move on and learn your lesson. All you're doing now is making even more people want to raid you than would have bothered to before. It's counterproductive; that's how things work here, whether you or anyone else likes it or not, man.
[/quote]

Actually I think he made a tidy profit by bringing this issue to the public. He not only gained $6 mil and 4000 soldiers, but also found an alliance to protect him.

[quote name='Caleb279' timestamp='1281771655' post='2415542']
Now I'm not trying to pin the blame on others. I take full responsibility for my tech raids.
[/quote]

Good, then I'm sure I won't ever hear any complaining or whining from you if you or your alliance ever gets rolled simply because you're weaker than someone. Since the justification for raiding is easy transferred to rolling a micro-alliance or any really anyone you can get away with.

[quote name='Caleb279' timestamp='1281771655' post='2415542'] What I'm saying is that pissing and moaning is pointless and looks stupid.[/quote]

What you're really saying is that you don't want to hear about the hurt and consequences caused by tech raiding, You just want get the profits without all that. Just sit down, take this gross violation, and shut up, eh? Hmpph.

[quote name='Caleb279' timestamp='1281771655' post='2415542']
So in his case, yes, its his fault for being unaligned. What the hell did he think was gonna happen?[/quote]

No, in this case he was not at fault, no matter how you paint it. Nixon had no reasonable justification for war and attacked someone simply because he could while hiding behind his AA like coward, like most do. You can say, well this the world we live in, and you can say, one should always have some sort of adequate protection in such a violent planet, which are both true, but it's also no less true to say, those that who tech raid have no legitimate reason except greed to do the asshatery that they do.

Edited by Kzoppistan

These sorts of threads seem to come up again and again and again............ :mellow:

I have stated before that I find tech raids in poor taste. I would send you some aid, but unfortunately my slots are occupied with money from one of ODN's economic programmes. I will, however, cheer you on.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1281779522' post='2415575']
Good, then I'm sure I won't ever hear any complaining or whining from you if you or your alliance ever gets rolled simply because you're weaker than someone. Since the justification for raiding is easy transferred to rolling a micro-alliance or any really anyone you can get away with.
[/quote]
Damn right I won't.

[quote]
What you're really saying is that you don't want to hear about the hurt and consequences caused by tech raiding, You just want get the profits without all that. Just sit down, take this gross violation, and shut up, eh? Hmpph.
[/quote]
Gross violation? Wow...you tech raiding hippies make me laugh. But basically. Or you know...play the game right and get an alliance.

[quote]
No, in this case he was not at fault, no matter how you paint it. Nixon had no reasonable justification for war and attacked someone simply because he could while hiding behind his AA like coward, like most do. You can say, well this the world we live in, and you can say, one should always have some sort of adequate protection in such a violent planet, which are both true, but it's also no less true to say, those that who tech raid have no legitimate reason except greed to do the asshatery that they do.
[/quote]
Tech raids are here to stay. Thats the point...no matter who's fault it was, if he had been in an alliance there would be no problem. But he got rolled...shut up, grow a spine, and take it like a man.

ATTN: Dear Whiner,

If you got tech raided, feel free to attack back. I have done so on a previous nation, and lost quite little in the end. I just fought back until the raider realised it's not worth it. (which was about the 2nd day) I was in the middle of about 3 techdeals and could complete all of them without a problem afterwards. Besides, your opponent is actually weaker than you - my opponent was somewhat stronger.

Edited by Rhobar II

[quote name='Caleb279' timestamp='1281798083' post='2415710']
Damn right I won't.[/quote]

*tucks this little nugget away for later*

Gross violation? Wow...you tech raiding hippies make me laugh. But basically. Or you know...play the game right and get an alliance. [/quote]

The slaughter of innocents and blatant disrespect for another country is no game, and your callous portrayal of such sickens me. And "hippy"? I am offended. I fight for what I believe in. And bathe regularly. If you were anywhere near my NS I'd call you out for such an insult.

Tech raids are here to stay. Thats the point...no matter who's fault it was, if he had been in an alliance there would be no problem. But he got rolled...shut up, grow a spine, and take it like a man.
[/quote]

Violence is in man's nature, it will always be here. But the real question is what each person does to better themselves. Abstaining from taking from the weak builds strength, character, and integrity. Any fool can steal from a disadvantaged and defenseless creature. It is the path of weakness and cowardice. It takes a real man to earn what is his without stealing from another who didn't deserve it.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1281731261' post='2414738']
I have to concur with this statement.

While it is a fine line between saying that someone put themselves in a dangerous situation and some one was at fault for being attacked, it is an important line to draw. I can chide some one for being ill prepared in a dangerous situation, nevertheless, it is the one that attacks without justification who is the real criminal at fault and should be put to the sword at the first opportunity.
[/quote]

Fault isn't a factor here. When one goes for a drive and neglects to put on their safety belt, it's not the windshield's fault when they fly through it into a tree. It's not the volcano's fault when a house built at its feet is destroyed by lava. It's not the rich white guy's fault when he gets jacked after taking a leisurely stroll through a ghetto at night. There are certain well-known [i]precautions[/i] one may take to avoid these results, however, and it certainly isn't surprising when lack of preparation and concern for one's own safety results in one's own destruction. Techraids are prominent here and indifference to taking precautionary measures generally produces undesirable results....for the raidee. Sure, one could always come here and plea for sympathy from the countless bleeding-hearts that tend to saturate any thread about techraiding...but more often than not, the thread will just end up resulting in an argument that goes nowhere and produces nothing of value.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1281806298' post='2415803']
Fault isn't a factor here. When one goes for a drive and neglects to put on their safety belt, it's not the windshield's fault when they fly through it into a tree. It's not the volcano's fault when a house built at its feet is destroyed by lava. It's not the rich white guy's fault when he gets jacked after taking a leisurely stroll through a ghetto at night. There are certain well-known [i]precautions[/i] one may take to avoid these results, however, and it certainly isn't surprising when lack of preparation and concern for one's own safety results in one's own destruction. Techraids are prominent here and indifference to taking precautionary measures generally produces undesirable results....for the raidee. Sure, one could always come here and plea for sympathy from the countless bleeding-hearts that tend to saturate any thread about techraiding...but more often than not, the thread will just end up resulting in an argument that goes nowhere and produces nothing of value.
[/quote]

As for the statement about fault, a question can now be divided between tech-raiding as a sociological force, i.e. the [i]force of nature[/i] association, and a question about personal values, or at least professional ones. It's really a debate involving two different subjects, practicality and ideology, but some people lack the ability to distinguish the two and end up just repeating their arguments thinking they are talking about the same thing.

Since Mr. Nixon hasn't shown up to defend his actions, the argument must default to debating raiding in the general sense. Usually a worthless endeavor, as those who tech raid usually only respect force as a modifier of their behavior. And talking does nothing of the sort.

As for producing [i]nothing[/i] of value, I must disagree, Yuri here seems to have gained quite a bit from airing his grievances. If only more victims of unprovoked violence came here to speak up, more folks could witness the devastating effect raiders have on the community.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1281806952' post='2415816']
As for the statement about fault, a question can now be divided between tech-raiding as a sociological force, i.e. the [i]force of nature[/i] association, and a question about personal values, or at least professional ones. It's really a debate involving two different subjects, practicality and ideology, but some people lack the ability to distinguish the two and end up just repeating their arguments thinking they are talking about the same thing.[/quote]

Practicality, as in "is it practical to raid a nation"? Successful raiders would answer yes to this question.

Since Mr. Nixon hasn't shown up to defend his actions, the argument must default to debating raiding in the general sense. Usually a worthless endeavor, as those who tech raid usually only respect force as a modifier of their behavior. And talking does nothing of the sort.[/quote]

I couldn't agree more.

As for producing [i]nothing[/i] of value, I must disagree, Yuri here seems to have gained quite a bit from airing his grievances. If only more victims of unprovoked violence came here to speak up, more folks could witness the devastating effect raiders have on the community.
[/quote]

I also agree with this. There would be nothing I'd like more than to witness even [i]more[/i] people boo-hoo about how their nations are being attacked. Bonus points if they admit they know what they could have done to prevent it, but [i]chose not to[/i]

Gross violation? Wow...you tech raiding hippies make me laugh. But basically. Or you know...play the game right and get an alliance.[/quote]
He attacked me for no reason other than personal gain, greed, and laziness. This is naked war profiteering at its worst. There is no "right" way to play, each nation should be able to choose its path. If Mr. Nixon and the other tech raiders choose to attack nations for no reason but profit, then that is their decision. But don't expect the victims of such raids to quietly accept it.

[quote]Tech raids are here to stay. Thats the point...no matter who's fault it was, if he had been in an alliance there would be no problem. But he got rolled...shut up, grow a spine, and take it like a man.
[/quote]
No, I think you just want to get profits from a tech raid without hearing about the actual damage it causes. I was a sovereign nation and there was no legitimate reason for Nixon's attack. It can not be defended in any way. I am not asking for sympathy for my nation, I am asking that Mr. Nixon be condemed for his hostilities. I'm not sure what you mean by roll, as I have not really lost that much so far. He routed my army in the first attacks because there was no prior notice and he did a midnight blitz. But I guarantee you that I would win this war quite easily if he were to continue his attacks.

I however am being rational and giving him a chance to end this war. I'm sure there are many in my place who would go with a full drawn out war, but I realize this would only be detrimental to both our nations. Why not simply have peace so we can all grow in whatever way we choose?

It seems that you think that unaligned nations do not reserve any respect or recognition. But realize that each and every nation is sovereign, and should be treated as such. If you choose to tech raid, then that's your prerogative, but remember that there are people suffering due to these actions. If you don't like it, then respect indepdent nations' sovereignity and build your nation on your own instead of stealing and destroying someone else's hard work.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1281807653' post='2415825']
Practicality, as in "is it practical to raid a nation"? Successful raiders would answer yes to this question.
[/quote] Is it practical to break into someone's house while they are gone and steal their things? Successful burglars would answer yes to that question. So the unaligned, often newcomers to their post as leader and thus ill prepared for the violence of the world, are ripe for the picking. They have no recourse but to accept their fate. Such a lure would be strong, indeed, I can admit to that. But the inability to resist taking advantage of such a situation, especially when considering what material and psychological damage is done to the victim, while contemptible, is also rather sad and reminiscent of an animal's inability to resist eating a pie left on the table.

While it's practical to steal, hurt, and destroy the property of strangers for one's own gain and amusement, some things are more important than practicality. To some people, that is. Mindless beasts have no such concerns.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1281807653' post='2415825']
I also agree with this. There would be nothing I'd like more than to witness even [i]more[/i] people boo-hoo about how their nations are being attacked. Bonus points if they admit they know what they could have done to prevent it, but [i]chose not to[/i]
[/quote]

I'm sure such entries would make great addition to your publications. I would assume too then, with such a 'live by the sword, die by the sword' mentality, that you would also enjoy seeing a compilation of reports of raiders being lured in by honeypots and destroyed. That would make a post as equally entertaining as the cries of a victim are sad.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' timestamp='1281807824' post='2415827']
He attacked me for no reason other than personal gain, greed, and laziness.
[/quote]

Laziness? Techraiding is lazy? Perhaps you're referring to your own laziness in not ensuring your nation was in a protected state....ah, yes..that makes sense.

No, I think you just want to get profits from a tech raid without hearing about the actual damage it causes.
I was a sovereign nation and there was no legitimate reason for Nixon's attack.
[/quote]

lol!!!

I am not asking for sympathy for my nation, I am asking that Mr. Nixon be condemed for his hostilities.
[/quote]

Bad Mr. Nixon. No cookie.

I'm not sure what you mean by roll, as I have not really lost that much so far.
[/quote]

...then what in the hell are you crying about? :huh:

He routed my army in the first attacks because there was no prior notice and he did a midnight blitz. But I guarantee you that I would win this war quite easily if he were to continue his attacks.[/quote]

read above.

I however am being rational and giving him a chance to end this war.
[/quote]

rational, eh? He obviously doesn't read this forum, otherwise he would have posted by now.

I'm sure there are many in my place who would go with a full drawn out war, but I realize this would only be detrimental to both our nations. Why not simply have peace so we can all grow in whatever way we choose?[/quote]

I don't know...why don't you ask him?

It seems that you think that unaligned nations do not reserve any respect or recognition.
[/quote]

nope.

But realize that each and every nation is sovereign, and should be treated as such. If you choose to tech raid, then that's your prerogative, but remember that there are people suffering due to these actions.
[/quote]

I don't know about other techraiders, but that's the part I like the most.

If you don't like it, then respect indepdent nations' sovereignity and build your nation on your own instead of stealing and destroying someone else's hard work.
[/quote]

I'd rather build my nation using other people's stuff. More fun that way.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1281808403' post='2415846']
Is it practical to break into someone's house while they are gone and steal their things? Successful burglars would answer yes to that question. So the unaligned, often newcomers to their post as leader and thus ill prepared for the violence of the world, are ripe for the picking. They have no recourse but to accept their fate. Such a lure would be strong, indeed, I can admit to that. But the inability to resist taking advantage of such a situation, especially when considering what material and psychological damage is done to the victim, while contemptible, is also rather sad and reminiscent of an animal's inability to resist eating a pie left on the table.
[/quote]

The scent was unbearable, mind you. The pie should have been placed in a more secure location.

While it's practical to steal, hurt, and destroy the property of strangers for one's own gain and amusement, some things are more important than practicality. To some people, that is. Mindless beasts have no such concerns.[/quote]

I believe you're well aware that we're far from mindless.

I'm sure such entries would make great addition to your publications. I would assume too then, with such a 'live by the sword, die by the sword' mentality, that you would also enjoy seeing a compilation of reports of raiders being lured in by honeypots and destroyed. That would make a post as equally entertaining as the cries of a victim are sad.
[/quote]

This would be great, actually. It would certainly add a new element to the table. What would be funnier is if the honeypot ploys backfire and end up getting their !@#$ jacked.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1281808999' post='2415862']
Laziness? Techraiding is lazy? Perhaps you're referring to your own laziness in not ensuring your nation was in a protected state....ah, yes..that makes sense.[/quote]
No, the laziness in that he is not willing to participate in tech deals and nation building, so instead he steals other people's hard work. As I have stated before there is always some nation higher than you in the rankings, so if you're unaligned there's not that much you can really do.

[quote]lol!!![/quote]
I come here and treat the goons and tech raiders with respect even if I disagree with their actions. I simply ask that you afford the same amount to me.

[quote]...then what in the hell are you crying about? :huh: [/quote]
The fact that he attacked my nation for no reason, killed 181 of my men, seized my nation's farmland, destroyed our highways and schools, etc. These losses are terrible but I am simply saying I will be able to replace what I have lost.

[quote]rational, eh? He obviously doesn't read this forum, otherwise he would have posted by now.[/quote]
More like he never logs on. He has yet to read my messages. I was hoping for a response by now but it appears he has gone inactive.

[quote]nope.[/quote]
It is common decency to treat all nation rulers with respect. We are all leaders of our respective sovereign nations.

[quote]I don't know about other techraiders, but that's the part I like the most.[/quote]
Well then, it should be obvious to you why myself and others consistently come to the world community to denounce your unprovoked attacks upon our nations.

[quote]I'd rather build my nation using other people's stuff. More fun that way.
[/quote]
As I said, that is your prerogative, but do not complain when people make these attacks public. It is only a natural result when you raid so many peaceful nations that some will make these grievances known to the world forum.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1281809226' post='2415864']
The scent was unbearable, mind you. The pie should have been placed in a more secure location.[/quote]

What an inconvenience. Animals should be subservient to man, not inconvenience them. Better just have them shot. Especially before they breed and overrun the place.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1281809226' post='2415864']
I believe you're well aware that we're far from mindless.
[/quote] Compassion and respect for those who've done you no harm is what separates man from beast. Those who cannot posses those qualities are animals, primitives at best, and should be disciplined into obedience or otherwise executed. Thankfully for GOONS and other raiding enclaves, [i]None[/i] is a wasteland where man's interests barely intercede. As such, GOONS has taken great pains to ride the border between the two. That shows at least a degree of intelligence. For how long can such balancing act remain in play, I wonder?

[[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1281809226' post='2415864']
This would be great, actually. It would certainly add a new element to the table. What would be funnier is if the honeypot ploys backfire and end up getting their !@#$ jacked.
[/quote]

Sadism is such a vile preoccupation, but at least you're honest about your addiction.

Edited by Kzoppistan

If Mr. Nixon and the other tech raiders choose to attack nations for no reason but profit, then that is their decision. But don't expect the victims of such raids to quietly accept it.
But I guarantee you that I would win this war quite easily if he were to continue his attacks.
I however am being rational and giving him a chance to end this war.
[/quote]

So tell me Yuri, did the police help you? Or will you wait for the war to expire and then say you already won. I see in all these days he did not attack you again, so it was a standard update blitz/raid. WHAT are you talking about then? Are you whining because he didn't send you the peace offer?

He doesn't attack, you do not attack. This war will end anyway.

[quote name='Ketther' timestamp='1281818177' post='2415967']
So tell me Yuri, did the police help you? Or will you wait for the war to expire and then say you already won. I see in all these days he did not attack you again, so it was a standard update blitz/raid. WHAT are you talking about then? Are you whining because he didn't send you the peace offer?

He doesn't attack, you do not attack. This war will end anyway.
[/quote]

You use the word whining implying that I have no right to complain about this unprovoked attack on my nation, but I believe it is every ruler's right to make such injustices known to the public. He has been inactive since his blitz because he has not read his messages or issued further attacks, nor even respond to my peace offer. I am simply stating that if he were a decent ruler then he would kindly pay me the reparations that I deserve.

If you do not like when people make tech raids known to the public, then you should raid nations that are leaving the games, or simply not raid at all.