In Response to Recent Drama

[quote name='Grand Master Azreal' timestamp='1281334873' post='2406848']
Hey, remember that alliance that got war declared on it by people, and then one of their allies went OMG we don't wanna die lets make up some e-lawering thing and ditch them by saying the voided the treaty so we don't even have that annoying cancellation clause to work around? And remember the outrage and anger shown?
[/quote]
Thats a stupid statement and you know it. We didn't want our allies to get involved.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1281334886' post='2406850']
Unless LoSS decides they were never friends and cancels on GATO
[/quote]

aye, but GATO doesn't need to worry, because if that does happen, LoSS will cancel on [u]all[/u] allies and it will surely happen on the eve of a massive war,

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281334822' post='2406844']
It also makes your alliance a treaty breaker.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]We honored that treaty to the letter. When GATO wanted us to back up IAA a month ago we were ready to join in. It wasn't our fight, but the treaty meant something to us.

We informed you as soon as we were able. There was no way for us to know that OPSEC of this incident was not a priority for RoK and the rumor mill had already had it. At four in the morning your mind misses a few things. When we got back we told you first. You can say we broke it if you like, but at the end of the day both you and I know this is utter rubbish.[/color]

[quote name='Grand Master Azreal' timestamp='1281334873' post='2406848']
Hey, remember that alliance that got war declared on it by people, and then one of their allies went OMG we don't wanna die lets make up some e-lawering thing and ditch them by saying the voided the treaty so we don't even have that annoying cancellation clause to work around? And remember the outrage and anger shown?
[/quote]
I totally remember that.

Seriously GATO? Seriously? You abandoned NSO because of... of a technicality?!? Pathetic. They made one mistake that should have been forgivable, that should not have resulted in this ongoing curbstomp and you guys throw them to the wolves?!? I can understand sitting out the war because you were asked to but wow. Damn I'm sure glad I'm not one of your members right now. You guys could have had honor with no risk but instead you choose to throw it away for absolutely nothing.

You guys deserve to be rolled and viceroyed for another year after this travesty of an announcement. Clearly you aren't thinking straight.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281334932' post='2406858']
Once again if many others can contact me about what's going on, but I'm not high enough on NSO's list to get around to something is wrong.
[/quote]You were priority #1 on their allies list. You were the FIRST people they told.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1281334646' post='2406826']
Try to be reasonable next time in your expectations of New Sith Order's providing you with information.

But then again, you didn't want to save this treaty anyway. Without doubt, you were looking to find a reason to cancel it, and so you used a reason to cancel it almost as weak as the reason for the ongoing war.
[/quote]

The reason for the current war is very valid. NSO accepted a rogue nation who attacked a protectorate of RoK. RoK notified NSO of their intentions to retaliate against this nation and mentioned that any assistance given to that nation will be seen as an act of war. RoK attacks said nation and this said nation gets aid from NSO after the attacks took place. Any decent alliance would of gone to war for the same reasoning.

Furthermore, NSO should of notified GATO of their issues with Ragnarok immediately after the first talks with RoK gov took place. A simple "Hey guys, we might have some issues with RoK. (ADD DETAILS HERE). We will keep you updated on the situation as it develops." would of sufficed.

[quote name='Co God Ben' timestamp='1281334905' post='2406854']
This makes me love GATO more than I already do.

If it is fact that NSO didn't ask for help, then GATO owes no help. NSO, in an effort to keep up their edgy facade, aided a nation going rogue on a sovereign alliance. That's an act of war, and if one of my allies did that, I would consider dropping them as well because only some idiot off their rocker would think that aiding a rogue is permissible, especially sanctioned by the highest members of government.

I'm guessing most of the people posting their indignation in here are looking for something to be indignant about. Granted, it has been pretty boring, but this isn't your fight.
[/quote]

"Sanctioned" against NSO's Law. Exactly two people hold a rank higher than the person in question. Neither one has rescinded our policy. Our policy stands, that decision should never have been made. (Policy being admitting the nation but letting them sort out their own problems with no NSO aid).

You're just as reaching as ever CGB :wub:

[quote name='ConeBone69' timestamp='1281334870' post='2406847']
You are literally an idiot. Your own AC has said in this very thread that NSO told him, but that it wasn't early enough. So yes, they DID communicate it to you.
[/quote]

And I literally think that you literally aren't paying attention. Literally.

I do not appreciate personal attacks. As I said, I understand any anger from the NSO. I don't see any NSO members personally attacking me.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281334822' post='2406844']
It also makes your alliance a treaty breaker.
[/quote]
And it makes you a predictable coward, took you 6 hours to hatch this garbage. I called this at [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=90345&view=findpost&p=2405236"]6:52pm[/url].

[quote name='ConeBone69' timestamp='1281335079' post='2406870']
You were priority #1 on their allies list. You were the FIRST people they told.
[/quote]

btw... i do believe Omni was clueless to the situation when it was brought to his attention.... way to go NSO for being such wonderful allies

:wub: GATO

Good decision!

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1281335154' post='2406878']

I do not appreciate personal attacks. As I said, I understand any anger from the NSO. I don't see any NSO members personally attacking me.
[/quote]
Thoughts on the fact that NSO did inform GATO about the situation?

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1281335154' post='2406878']

[/quote]
Get off your high horse, you essentially called me dumb by saying I have a lack of reading comprehension.

I really don't think you understand. RV informed you guys, Omni has confirmed that. So when I say that you guys were informed, that is fact. You and everything I'm point out that you said, is wrong.

Onmi I would like to point out. That you said the NSO committed an act of war against RoK by aiding a rogue they were at war with.

Thus the Dove Doctrine being and MDP was not enacted.

[quote]Article III.
Both parties agree to stand together to deter armed attacks and ensure mutual defense. In the event either signatory declares war via activation of a clause from another treaty, the mandatory defense clause is considered null.[/quote]

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1281333462' post='2406751']
Or that the people who told us they'd support us no matter what path we took: VE, ODN, Athens, and even our little protectorate ICAN told us important info we needed to know. While we were an after thought to NSO.
[/quote]

Which one suggested you use that wrinkle in the treaty as your excuse?

I doubt the first thing you thought of when you heard about the impending war was "Wow they didn't tell us" it was probably more "Oh no, we're going to lose".

Was the fact they were late in telling you they were going to get stomped really outweigh your supposed friendship? Have you bought a spot at the table of those stomping your friends with this cancellation?

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1281332061' post='2406654']
So you're canceling your treaty with NSO because they didn't tell you that 5 alliances were planning to declare on them?
[/quote]
You know, we don't agree on everything, but you are spot on here.

Dropping a treaty after your treaty partner got hit is not the way to do it.

[quote name='Kittyquel' timestamp='1281335318' post='2406887']
btw... i do believe Omni was clueless to the situation when it was brought to his attention.... way to go NSO for being such wonderful allies

:wub: GATO

Good decision!
[/quote]
Yes because we not wanting our allies getting stomped makes us such terrible allies. Get the $%&@ out.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1281334886' post='2406850']
Unless LoSS decides they were never friends and cancels on GATO
[/quote]

There is no chance of GATO and LoSS cancel their treaty since with the current FA strategy of both alliances they will be always at the same side, the bigger one.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281335020' post='2406865']
[color="#0000FF"]We honored that treaty to the letter. When GATO wanted us to back up IAA a month ago we were ready to join in. It wasn't our fight, but the treaty meant something to us.

We informed you as soon as we were able. There was no way for us to know that OPSEC of this incident was not a priority for RoK and the rumor mill had already had it. At four in the morning your mind misses a few things. When we got back we told you first. You can say we broke it if you like, but at the end of the day both you and I know this is utter rubbish.[/color]
[/quote]

Unfortunately no, Heft was already on and just chilling. He never once said anything to me.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1281335163' post='2406879']
And it makes you a predictable coward, took you 6 hours to hatch this garbage. I called this at [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=90345&view=findpost&p=2405236"]6:52pm[/url].
[/quote]

Just think, informing us NSO and RoK had a problem would have taken less than six hours!!!

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1281335120' post='2406874']
The reason for the current war is very valid. NSO accepted a rogue nation who attacked a protectorate of RoK. RoK notified NSO of their intentions to retaliate against this nation and mentioned that any assistance given to that nation will be seen as an act of war. RoK attacks said nation and this said nation gets aid from NSO after the attacks took place. Any decent alliance would of gone to war for the same reasoning.

Furthermore, NSO should of notified GATO of their issues with Ragnarok immediately after the first talks with RoK gov took place. A simple "Hey guys, we might have some issues with RoK. (ADD DETAILS HERE). We will keep you updated on the situation as it develops." would of sufficed.
[/quote]

I'm sorry but I just fail to respect your judgement on cb's, after all theories about spy rings six months old is enough for you.

And I'm sure for an alliance like NSO, they've got drama at their door all the time, thats what happens when you give people chances that most alliances stay away like the plague. Most of the time, when the other alliances actually [u]try[/u] diplomacy, its no big deal. I'm sure that NSO didn't think this was a big deal as it turned out to be, had they felt it was serious, they would have notified GATO. The interesting thing about the clause cited in the OP is that it says nothing about what is considered to be a threat. If NSO didn't feel it was a serious threat, if they felt it wasn't going anywhere, then why would they notify GATO? Especially when previous experience, you know, the times where diplomacy was used, told them that it would be able to be easily resolved?

GATO is cancelling this treaty for nothing else then a perceived error in NSO's judgement on how serious the issue was. What does GATO expect, NSO to be right about everything all the time? Thats maybe a little too much.

They see me voidin'
They hatin'
Patrollin' and tryin' to catch me voidin' dirty
Tryin to catch me voidin' dirty

:awesome:

Edited by Vargarth