Decree of the Sith

RoK did not attempt to solve this at all, clearly they had ulterior motives in this declaration. They did not attempt to solve this diplomatically and it was clear they will do all they can to make something out of practically nothing... Hoo dissapears for the rest of the day by coincidence too. Anyone bothered to reflect on Hyperion and the Non-CB war. Oh the irony of it all.

o/ NSO

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1281312034' post='2405278']
ITT NSO admits condoning aiding a rogue and commiting what is generally accepted to be an act of war.
[/quote]

You cannot tell me you will be attacking one of my members without proof of the neccessity to do so.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1281312177' post='2405299']
Well, good stuff, but if your allies were actually your friends, they'd activate their treaties anyways, so I'll be intrigued to see what happens.
[/quote]

I am sure that is exactly what RoK and the other bandwagoners expect us and want us to do.

[quote name='Pyroman' timestamp='1281312034' post='2405277']
I :wub: you Lint. Have my dust bunnies?

Also, I tend to agree with the NSO on this. Not the whole "this is about something bigger" paranoia (no offense linty), but that RoK was incredibly rash in deciding to start this war. Its sad to see that passion rules reason, even on planet bob. You losers take your alliance pride too seriously. If the NSO had done what you did, they would have declared war yesterday.
[/quote]
actually NSO started this war. NSO propaganda seems to be improving i see

[quote name='Phetion' timestamp='1281312200' post='2405305']
How hard was it to comprehend "If you do this, we will take it as an act of war". You made your bed NSO, lie in it.
[/quote]

How hard is it to comprehend "We will protect our members unless you can prove to us they have wronged you". More difficult than I could ever imagined. I thought you guys were supposed to be the benevolent ones? Power does weird things. Weird things indeed.

I think I speak for all of CN here when I say I don't really care for RoK and that their cb is flimsier than most, but I dislike a handful of people who may or may not still be in the NSO more and thus support this war of aggression.

VE has, on our membership application, this question:

[quote]Do you have any previous problems or baggage you are carrying over from past alliances that we need to be aware of? If so, please explain.[/quote]

To say yes does not deny them membership, it just means we will have to gauge their admission based on more factors than what we normally do, and potentially engage in diplomatic measures to clear up any problems they had. It prevents problems like this.

What NSO didn't do is bother to find out if the person they were accepting had any 'baggage', or had an alliance looking to punish said nation. It unilaterally accepted the nation and agreed to protect it without knowing what the nation needed to be protected from. Furthermore when NSO was approached about the baggage, instead of retroactively saying 'we accepted this person under false pretenses, we need to let him get clear with Rok and assist him in doing so', they said 'we are protecting him no matter what you say and will aid him if you attack'.

NSO provoked the war.

Let me say it again.

NSO provoked the war.

If NSO simply said, we should not have accepted this member due to be attacked for rogue attacks, who didn't inform us of these rogue attacks when he applied, he is yours to deal with Rok, then this situation would have been easily avoided. If the tables were turned and this was Rok accepting a member who attacked a NSO protectorate, the story coming from NSO would be much different.

Lint, you're my friend and have been for some time. Hopefully sometime we can sit down and chat about this seeing as it has been far too long since we have. But that does not change what NSO did, and does not change what must be done to ensure that Rok is not only seeing justice, but is protected from any of NSO's allies who would gladly jump all over Rok to turn them away.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1281311727' post='2405249']
The New Sith Order accepted Sedrick earlier this week unaware of his issues. Soon after he was given membership, we were approached by outside entities which let us know he was on their target lists. Further, they commanded, with no discussion that he would be attacked.
[/quote]

You accepted him yesterday, the second day of him being a rogue. The day he attacked another protectorate member, the day TENE asked us to step in.

[quote]While I'm not in the business of offering protection to rogues. [/quote]

Apparently, you are.

[quote]Diplomatic procedures exist that adequately handle these affairs. [/quote]

That being we say aiding the rogue is an act of war and you guys doing it. Great procedure.

Good luck to all Sith, We'll have fun.

[quote name='Mr Rosenberger' timestamp='1281312196' post='2405304']
I do not know you guys, however what I just read was very moving and throwing yourself out there to protect your members....that is well honorable. I'm going to have to give a o/ for NSO.
[/quote]
So, throwing your entire alliance under the bus for the sake of one rogue is honorable these days?

Nice move, NSO - The fluff about why you are doing this is funny, though - Just admit that you screwed up, take responsibility for the !@#$ and move on.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1281312169' post='2405293']
He had two active wars on a Ragnarok protectorate. You accepted him anyway, refused to boot him, and then aided him after Hoo explicitly told you such a thing would be considered a warrable offense.

Baaw, baaw victim card. You played too much and got your hand stuck in it, deal.
[/quote]
We didn't refuse to boot him, we were never asked to boot him nor was there any reason ever provided (before the attacks and aid) why we shouldn't support him.

His wars were in response to TENE spying on him, he wasn't just a random rogue.