All Good Things...

Sad to see GUN disband. You guys put up a strong fight during the past war and you earned our respect. Best of luck to Zen, CC, Tupac, and the rest.

Best of luck.

o/ GUN.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1281067716' post='2402395']
Well, there's a reason...just not a very good one. :awesome:
[/quote]

People enjoy speaking without being informed properly it seems, carry on.

Anyone interested in reality can find me on IRC.

It is always difficult for me to find the correct words in situations like this. Losing one's alliance is seldom a good thing. The sense of loss can approach the mourning phase of a loved one. Being separated from friends, companions and acquaintances only compounds the loss. I extend my sincere condolences to the member nations of GUN. I wish you well and hope you find homes, new friends and a renewed sense of purpose.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1281067965' post='2402400']
People enjoy speaking without being informed properly it seems, carry on.

Anyone interested in reality can find me on IRC.
[/quote]
Yes, since you clearly have not been informed on what I know and seem to be enjoying yourself, I agree. :) Just because you happen to think it a good reason to attack someone in a disbandment thread doesn't mean everyone will agree with you; in fact, quite the opposite. Like my mother always said, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it all." If you're going to break with motherly advice, at least save it for threads like GGA, where at least most people will join in with you. :P

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1281068377' post='2402408']
Yes, since you clearly have not been informed on what I know and seem to be enjoying yourself, I agree. :) Just because you happen to think it a good reason to attack someone in a disbandment thread doesn't mean everyone will agree with you; in fact, quite the opposite. Like my mother always said, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it all." If you're going to break with motherly advice, at least save it for threads like GGA, where at least most people will join in with you. :P
[/quote]

I see you took my advice and carried on with something you weren't properly informed about. Congratulations on managing to go off on a tangent that has nothing to do with my post.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1281068846' post='2402418']
Why wouldn't you just merge into another PnL alliance?
[/quote]

Don't give them any ideas---a lot of potential raids!

Interesting... While I'm sad to see the alliance go, at this rate, I suppose we'll outlive the G15 in about [color=red]5[/color] years.

[s]G15[/s] [s]G14[/s] [color=red][s]G13[/s][/color] G12
[color=red][s]Ordo Verde[/s][/color]
Viridian Entente
Global Order of Darkness
[s]Vanguard[/s]
Greenland Republic
Athens
FOK
Ragnarok
Sparta
R&R
Majestic Order of Orange Nations
The International
=LOST=
Deck of International Card Experts
[s]Global United Nations[/s]

EDITS in RED (thanks Sethb!)

Edited by Sir Paul

[quote name='Sir Paul' timestamp='1281072078' post='2402454']
Interesting... While I'm sad to see the alliance go, at this rate, I suppose we'll outlive the G15 in about 6 years.
[/quote]
You can cross Ordo Verde off that list as well.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1281068846' post='2402418']
Why wouldn't you just merge into another PnL alliance?
[/quote]

Because GUN has a strong tradition of individual sovereignty, and we didn't feel it fitting to tell our members where to go. I have a feeling we'll be pretty evenly divided between PnL and NATO anyway, so we're still keeping it in the family.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words everyone - it really does mean a lot to me. GUN has been around for three years, and it's really hard letting go, especially with people I consider family.