Leaving no Aqua Brother behind

I realize that there have been events lately that have left a certain alliance, Grämlins upon hard times and ERA feels we should offer some help to keep raiders off their back, So hereby announce a 1-way ODP from ERA to The Grämlins.

Article 1: Sovereignty

Both Alliances will remain Sovereign entities

Article 2: One WAY NAP

Equal Rights Alliance will not attack or spy upon any nations under the Grämlins AA.

Article 3: One way ODP

Should The Grämlins come under war from an outside alliance, Equal Rights Alliance has the option to declare war to help protect Grämlins

Article 4: Termination

We wish to give Grämlins some time to get out of range of raiders, as such if the number of nations under The Grämlins AA goes above 30 then ERA can choose to terminate it or Grämlins can ask for the termination of the treaty. The Termination Period gives a 24 hour period of protection before canceled.

Article 5: Additions

ERA has the right to change any aspect of this treaty at any time of their choosing.

Signed for Equal Rights Alliance
Andover, President

Edit: That mispell in the title of the thread was from me typing fast and not double checking :P

Edited by Andover
fixed title for you. ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I strongly dislike the Grämlins, I have to admire this move simply because it takes some chutzpah to go to bat for an alliance no one else will touch to stave off raiders. (Yes, I don't like tech-raiding.) May your [i]de facto[/i] protectorate learn the meaning of the word "grace" from you and your selflessness. o/

This said, good luck. You'll need it. Robertian politics is dominated by a "you got what I want, I will take it if there's no one to back you up" mentality.

Edited by Uralica

This is an awesome thing for you to do, but unsure how you would protect them when your top NS is only 49K NS. You couldn't even do anything if their top 4 nations were hit.

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1281030690' post='2401810']
This is an awesome thing for you to do, but unsure how you would protect them when your top NS is only 49K NS. You couldn't even do anything if their top 4 nations were hit.
[/quote]

Most raider alliances wont attack as long as a treaty exsists, and if theres NS ranges ERA cant cover then we will ask our friends or allies or to help us covver the gaps and deal with raiders.

edit: Who would even be that dumb to raid nations that high up for NS anyway? Im sure at that point Gremlins could just use nukes and lower the raider down to where ERA or other members of Gremlins could hit.

Edited by Andover

brb, tech raiding Gremlins.

Anyways, should have just attacked the first person to tech raid the Gremlins and say you were their friends, I hear that works.

Edited by Sulmar

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281030982' post='2401817']
[color="#0000FF"]You already had the option to protect Gremlins. So, want to tell me what this has changed? Here's a hint: nothing at all.[/color]
[/quote]

These are my thoughts exactly.

You don't need an optional treaty. Protecting someone is always optional. (Unless you have a mutual treaty, then it is mandatory)

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1281030769' post='2401812']
No one is going to raid Gremlins.

Where do you people come up with this stuff? The same people that kept alive their crusade without interference, would also keep raiders off them.
[/quote]

This man is wise.

Hmm... I s'pose I shoulda thought of that, janax/goldielax. But sometimes the raiders don't think this stuff through either, y'know? And others just want the challenge of the fight (NEW for example) and don't really care.

Then again, if one considered the Grämlins campaign against IRON part of the last global war (BiPolar/UJW2/whatever the hell you wanna call it), it could have just as easily been people being careful not to bring war back upon themselves by violating a no reentry clause.

Also, keep in mind, the war ended [i]before[/i] MHA cancelled the Härmlin Accords, so treaty-chaining does also play a small role. To attack Grems before the cancellation would be to invite the wrath of MHA, and it would snowball from there. On paper, anyway. (A few intangible factors might change that.)

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1281031394' post='2401826']
These are my thoughts exactly.

You don't need an optional treaty. Protecting someone is always optional. (Unless you have a mutual treaty, then it is mandatory)
[/quote]

Unless you don't bother upholding your treaties.

[quote name='Andover' timestamp='1281030848' post='2401813']
Most raider alliances wont attack as long as a treaty exsists, and if theres NS ranges ERA cant cover then we will ask our friends or allies or to help us covver the gaps and deal with raiders.

edit: Who would even be that dumb to raid nations that high up for NS anyway? Im sure at that point Gremlins could just use nukes and lower the raider down to where ERA or other members of Gremlins could hit.
[/quote]

You're desillusionnal if you think your tiny alliance can stop anyone from doing anything to Grämlins if they really wanted to.

Edited by potato

[quote name='Caleb279' timestamp='1281033640' post='2401868']
I've already made up some secsi propaganda :smug:
[img]http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8329/62985750.png[/img]
[/quote]

Lol

[quote]
I like this move from ERA.But what do you expect to do with your top nation tied up in war?
[/quote]

Not rly, the guy is inactive and not doing anything.

[quote]
I'm rather interested to know how a 3 man alliance can hope to cover a 12 man alliance.
[/quote]

With our allies and friends help to cover what we cant.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1281030769' post='2401812']
No one is going to raid Gremlins.

Where do you people come up with this stuff? The same people that kept alive their crusade without interference, would also keep raiders off them.
[/quote]
I agree with Janax. They have an unofficial protectorate with many alliances, despite MHA canceling Harmlins.