Posaris DoE

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]Nuclear Policy
The Posaris Alliance has instituted a “NO FIRST STRIKE POLICY” when it comes to nuclear warfare. Any member that violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action, including expulsion.[/quote]
Welp, at least you picked the right protector.

Yogii (and now MrYogii) have been deleted for ban evasion. Please report future ban evasions in the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=20]Report Game Abuse[/url] forum rather than discussing ban evasion outside of the Moderation forums.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1280810005' post='2399120']
Oh, I wouldn't argue that and I haven't, but that's not the case here.
[/quote]
What, do you want me to admit I criticized the alliance? If it will make you feel better, than fine. I criticized the alliance. But why single me out? I'm not the only one doing so. I didn't say that I [i]wanted[/i] this alliance to fail or anything, I simply noted that by losing a founding member this alliance will have a much harder time to become successful, especially one filled with such inexperienced (OOC: new to CN) nation leaders. If they can overcome this setback, more power to them. But based on the response of many here (including me, if you want) and the fact that yogii is gone, I don't see it as likely.

honestly it's been bugging me and i didnt want to say anything, but as horrible as the flag is, WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE CROWN?? seriously, why is it there?? you're not a monarchy, so did someone just think "hmm this flag needs some random !@#$ on it" and the threw on a crown?

Why shouldn't they call themself Polaris (although that is not their name). NpO cannot claim the words Polaris and New Polar Order. You are either one or the other. Even if they do claim the both of them, it's not like they have a sole claim to it. Pretty pathetic if anyone it's getting tied up on a name - although expected from the nursery playground that is Planet Bob.

As for the flag, I cannot see any copyright infringement so all is good, unlike many alliances out there that can't be ****ed to design their own so steal from other [ooc]real world companies[/ooc] and claim greatness for themselves.

As for the DoE, good luck I guess...

[quote name='MadScotsman' timestamp='1280819399' post='2399280']
Why shouldn't they call themself Polaris (although that is not their name). NpO cannot claim the words Polaris and New Polar Order. You are either one or the other. Even if they do claim the both of them, it's not like they have a sole claim to it. Pretty pathetic if anyone it's getting tied up on a name - although expected from the nursery playground that is Planet Bob.

As for the flag, I cannot see any copyright infringement so all is good, unlike many alliances out there that can't be ****ed to design their own so steal from other [ooc]real world companies[/ooc] and claim greatness for themselves.

[/quote]

What about I found Valhala? You cannot claim the words Valhalla and Valhala. :v:

Very true - but it could turn nasty for your alliance or ours if one of them ended in a war and we we're both attacked. Could be fun though. ;)

Polaris and Posaris is as close as many named/themed alliances, that could be said to "copy each other". For example Valhalla and RoK, Sparta and Athens, anything with the word Orange in it. When Planet Bob is this old you are likely to get likely sounded nations/alliances.

Let them have their limelight - but lets remember what this planet needs is new blood.

Edited by MadScotsman

[quote name='MadScotsman' timestamp='1280853148' post='2399558']
Very true - but it could turn nasty for your alliance or ours if one of them ended in a war and we we're both attacked. Could be fun though. ;)

Polaris and Posaris is as close as many named/themed alliances, that could be said to "copy each other". For example Valhalla and RoK, Sparta and Athens, anything with the word Orange in it. When Planet Bob is this old you are likely to get likely sounded nations/alliances.

Let them have their limelight - but lets remember what this planet needs is new blood.
[/quote]

you're not honestly claiming that Polaris/Posaris are as close as Valhalla/Ragnarok or Athens/Sparta, are you? sure, maybe their themes are tied, but we're talking about a 1 letter difference.

[quote name='SirDog' timestamp='1280840122' post='2399414']
Wow the Founder and Head of State, Yogii has just been beheaded by admin. What are the implications for Posaris from his sudden and shocking departure?

EDIT: Typo
[/quote]

I will say that her departure has come at a complete shock. When I approached her about this, she denied everything. I asked her to resign because of the current situation and she refused. [OOC] That's when things got ugly and she refused. She then proceeded to take control of the forums, removing my access, and proceeding to make Posaris an alliance for another planet. She failed to understand that I host the forums, so that problem was fixed, and she is now banned from our forums. [/OOC].

I do not know what will happen to this alliance. I honestly thought we had a shot grow out of the micro-alliance phase. I'm going to be calling this Corinan's Revenge. :P Guess we should have listened.

Edit: I can say now that a lot of "changes" will be taking place.

Edited by Kosh Naranek

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1280856479' post='2399625']
you're not honestly claiming that Polaris/Posaris are as close as Valhalla/Ragnarok or Athens/Sparta, are you? sure, maybe their themes are tied, but we're talking about a 1 letter difference.
[/quote]

So what? one letter is still a difference - and a subsequent difference. Does that mean if someone was to start a nation, and they called their leader BadScotsman I have a right to be up in arms about it?

[quote name='MadScotsman' timestamp='1280859732' post='2399689']
So what? one letter is still a difference - and a subsequent difference. Does that mean if someone was to start a nation, and they called their leader BadScotsman I have a right to be up in arms about it?
[/quote]
No, that name would actually still make sense.

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][quote name='MadScotsman' timestamp='1280853148' post='2399558']
Polaris and Posaris is as close as many named/themed alliances, that could be said to "copy each other".
[/quote]

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.[/size][/font]

[quote name='MadScotsman' timestamp='1280819399' post='2399280']

[/quote]

Have you seen any official Polar statement saing they can not use the word Posaris? However what fact does remain is that this is bound to cause confusion and headaches for both alliances.

[quote name='MadScotsman' timestamp='1280859732' post='2399689']
[/quote]

like someone just mentioned, BadScotsman would still make sense whereas, as far as anyone can tell, Posaris is actually a rip off of NpO's alias.

and this isn't to say anyone is up in arms about it... i'm sure the guys in Polaris are chuckling over it. But it certainly doesn't look well on the alliance when they obviously can't even come up with an original name. I mean let's be honest here, can you possible envision an alliance named Posaris succeeding? I'm not one to believe in fate, but if the pixel gods were ever gonna kick someone in the nuts, Posaris would be that someone. and some would argue that it's already happened.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1280872900' post='2399981']
like someone just mentioned, BadScotsman would still make sense whereas, as far as anyone can tell, Posaris is actually a rip off of NpO's alias.

and this isn't to say anyone is up in arms about it... i'm sure the guys in Polaris are chuckling over it. But it certainly doesn't look well on the alliance when they obviously can't even come up with an original name. I mean let's be honest here, can you possible envision an alliance named Posaris succeeding? I'm not one to believe in fate, but if the pixel gods were ever gonna kick someone in the nuts, Posaris would be that someone. and some would argue that it's already happened.
[/quote]
You guys do understand your debating about a NAME right? Everyone complaining about the name should get off the play ground. Atleast when I spoke of the seal of approval it basically was NPOs flag.and there wasn't a big !@#$@#$ debate about it

[quote name='kotic' timestamp='1280873595' post='2399993']
You guys do understand your debating about a NAME right? Everyone complaining about the name should get off the play ground. Atleast when I spoke of the seal of approval it basically was NPOs flag.and there wasn't a big !@#$@#$ debate about it
[/quote]
Well, I was going to say something about the seal after reading your post, but then I went back to the OP and couldn't see what you were referring to. The name, on the other hand, is right there in the title.