.The Ending Of An Era

JonBoy16

It is with mixed emotions of heartfelt sorrow and the joy of relief that I now write this, my last topic in TE for the forseeable future. A decision I have been putting off for far too long has now become unavoidable.

I've made a lot of friends in the several rounds that I've been playing this game and I thank you all for the times we've had together. I'm not going to mention any specific names because I don't want to leave anyone out, but you guys (and girls) know who you are. I'll be doing my best to stay in touch with you all when I get a chance to hang ou on IRC for a while.

Thank you to the TE public, my friends, foes, and my allies for making this game so much fun for me these last 10+ rounds. I wish you all the best of luck in the game, and more importantly, in real life.

o/ TPC
o/ TE

JonBoy16
Former Ruler of Tripod

Edited by JonBoy16

have a good one JB, sad to see you leaving TE. You were one the great guys from my days in TPF:TE and glad to have had the chance to fight along side you

I'll miss you, jon. It has been a fun fun fun time. I can't even count the times you've made me laugh so hard i cried. I wish you the very very best and hope your departure is due to real life excitement and joy!
o/

Ironically enough, the guy using the name "JonBoy16" is a damn good man.

My opinion? Don't quit. Instead? You, Lonewolf, Thai, Beazy, Burning Glory, Tibs, Dogbite and a bunch of the other really old men from your geriatric TE group home should all get together and go bowling every Tuesday for "Up with the Rails" night over 3.2 beer while telling "remember when" stories. That's merely good, solid exercise for your varicose veins, as statistically recommended by three out of every four country doctors. Keep on takin' the ol' blood pressure meds, and you'll be fine.

Before the end of session, I'll kill someone in your honor, old man.
What are brothers for, eh?

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1280169888' post='2389900']
Ironically enough, the guy using the name "JonBoy16" is a damn good man.

My opinion? Don't quit. Instead? You, Lonewolf, Thai, Beazy, Burning Glory, Tibs, Dogbite and a bunch of the other really old men from your geriatric TE group home should all get together and go bowling every Tuesday for "Up with the Rails" night over 3.2 beer while telling "remember when" stories. That's merely good, solid exercise for your varicose veins, as statistically recommended by three out of every four country doctors. Keep on takin' the ol' blood pressure meds, and you'll be fine.

Before the end of session, I'll kill someone in your honor, old man.
What are brothers for, eh?
[/quote]

Can I get a hot nurse to 'take care of me' as well? Cause then I'll be game.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1280170098' post='2389907']
hey Clash one problem, you forgot Gabryal and Folger :P

cant have a good bowling party w/o plenty of booze can ya?
[/quote]

Don't worry, I'll drag Gabs with me if he'd actually respond to me :P

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1280168835' post='2389878']
Unsurprising, with the declining population of Steve there is just nothing left here to be worthwhile going for.
[/quote]
Oh cmon! It's been so interesting around here lately! :awesome:

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1280202988' post='2390808']
Last time I played TE, nothing was happening. What is happening now?
[/quote]
Umm................................................................TE's dying a slow death?

GL to JB with whatever his plans in RL are.

TE is dying? Well, I don't care about the numbers. If even 2 TE members are staying, who are into it, there could be a fun death match!:)
Quality of players is much more important. 2/3 of all my wars and raids last the entire 7 days - not because they are tough fighters who don't want peace, but because they are just leaving by the sight of the slightest trouble.

I'd prefer a few hundreds of good players to thousands of mediocre ones.
TE is more fair then SE, because all are starting from the same base and skills are for all to see.
So many nations I was fighting and bashing in TE were huge nations much more above my range in SE (yes, some were looking me up in SE for unknown purposes lol)
Quite a few got so high in SE not because they are good, but because they've started earlier.

Again, don't worry about numbers.
And JB, I suspect, will be back one day.

[/quote]
Gabryal is back?

[quote name='Tiberius12' timestamp='1280203164' post='2390813']
Umm................................................................TE's dying a slow death?
[/quote]
I am the savior.

[/quote]

I see a strobe light and midnight bowling in someone's future! ha ha

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1280169888' post='2389900']
[/quote]

Have you guys heard of Murder Inc.? :ehm:

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1280260437' post='2391516']
Have you guys heard of Murder Inc.? :ehm:
[/quote]

I will ZI you myself if you attempt it again :P

Edited by ADude

[quote name='kong' timestamp='1280219561' post='2391027']
Quality of players is much more important. 2/3 of all my wars and raids last the entire 7 days - not because they are tough fighters who don't want peace, but because they are just leaving by the sight of the slightest trouble.
[/quote]

I agree with you kong, also, bye JonBoy!

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1280171316' post='2389937']
Can I get a hot nurse to 'take care of me' as well? Cause then I'll be game.

Don't worry, I'll drag Gabs with me if he'd actually respond to me :P
[/quote]

lol, make 2 hot nurses and I'm game :ehm:

I don't think Gabs is back...at least as far as i know anyway. Its sad to see so many of my brethren leave for RL, I've had my calling for RL lately
but I'm hear to stay, at least for the for see-able future :P

I'll miss ya JB!
BG.

I'm sad to see this, however, I can understand why you may want to leave TE. I enjoyed building OB with you waaay back when, and you have been a good friend and ally in TPF/C. I hope all goes well for you.

I can relate JB, I have had similar thoughts recently. Time marches on and circumstances change. I pour so much energy into this game when I have a beautiful family and so little time with them on this planet. Best of luck to you on your next adventure. You have been an honorable and charismatic player. There will be no shame if you ever decide to return.