The U.S. Senate. Tahoe proposal.

Maelstrom Vortex

"This Senate already voted to admit the region formerly known as South Tahoe into this Union; therefore, the region is domestically recognized as part of the United States. Seeing that the election is also purely domestic, I see no reason why we shouldn't allow it to occur."

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]

[center][img]http://steynian.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/us_supreme_court_seal.png[/img][/center]

The Supreme Court, having seen the actions of the states in the South West and their unwillingness to comply to federal law by going against the First Amendment in their domestic law and by their having supposed 'Federal Elections' without the appointed authority of the Congress and the Federal Election Commission hereby recognizes those states as being in a state of Rebellion against national authority against the Annexation Treaty which gave them the protection and membership of the United States.

We hereby annul this treaty. The states of the South West which were brought into the Union under this treaty are now liberated once more to do as they see fit.. as they have continued to do so since signing this treaty and in doing so acting against the articles they chose to sign on the behalf of their people.

All people in these domiciles are stripped of citizenship.. including candidate Nico Crooks, making him ineligible for the Presidency.

Joseph Scoleri
Chief Justice
[/quote]

ooc: Since no one is wanting to play with each other, I have decided to ICly remove the U.S. from this matter.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='22 July 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1279835935' post='2384866']
ooc: The following have candidates: Ryan, King Chris, and Granite thus far. I am not sure if I've seen Kevin post a candidate yet.
[/quote]

OOC: Nope not yet and not going to I am so not taking the job of President of the USA.

Sevearal senators, including Halpert, Scott, and Bradford (of Oklahoma), have called for the impeachment of the judges, including chief judge Joseph Scoleri, who chose to expel the South West from the Union to save themselves.

The state of Pennsylvania places its support behind these senators and also calls for the impeachment of these judges. When Governor John Stone was asked why he was supporting an action against the supreme court he had the following to say:

"Even though it was only for a short time, the area of South Tahoe was a member of the United States of America and they seemed to have been released on a technicality just when they faced a crediable threat. To myself and my staff this is unacceptable and we can only wish the government and the people of South Tahoe the best of luck".

Following this statement Governor Stone's popularity in Pennsylvania skyrocketed from the already high levels of 82% to a massive 94%. Many of the more vocal supporters of the Governor claimed he should run for presidency to replace this failing government. The Governor however, quickly dismissed any such idea for him to become president.

Virginia senators second the push for the Supreme Court impeachment proceeding. While see by their underhanded tactics it is too late to retain the Union as it was, as the South West states have since been parted to several neighboring American powers, we stand firm for justice to return to the Supreme Court who have besmuged the image of this Union in the eyes of our neighbors and international community. Virginia stands for justice.

ooc: 8/9 Justices found it to be important to the safety and unity of the Union that the treaty be nullified. There'd be 8 to be impeached, including the chief justice. If you guys want to go ahead with that, I'm all for RPing it out.. I'd split the state senate votes I control 50/50 as being such a controversial issue. This means a simple majority could easily be carried by the rest of you.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex