Attn: Raiders

Schattenmann

[quote name='Drai' date='21 July 2010 - 12:13 PM' timestamp='1279728784' post='2382638']
Oh dear, you can't view a situation in a realistic manner. We must be terrible people if we're not getting worked up about something of this magnitude!
[/quote]
No, you mistake me, I was being serious.

[quote name='lebubu' date='21 July 2010 - 09:17 AM' timestamp='1279729038' post='2382646']
You're digging for it if you're trying to show the world how careless and horrible we are, [i]after[/i] we agree that it was our mistake. What is the point of this again?
[/quote]

I think it was to point out that there has been yet another raid by MK&co on a protected alliance. The list just keeps growing and growing. But I could be wrong, he may have done this just to bug you :P

Schatt, I appreciate the sentiment. I think raiders are pretty disgusting too. Fact is, Lebubu already admitted the mistake, and they're prepared to accept the consequences thereof. Why then this topic which seems to be nothing more than hunting for a pound of flesh?

That being said:

If you're going to use raiding as a political tool (i.e. Red Safari) rather than an economic one, then you should expect people to be inordinately upset when you "mistakenly" raid their protectorate. They don't know that it's a mistake when you do it, especially when the protectorate is well documented both in Wiki and on several OPP announcements on these boards.

-------------

And a question for Lebubu:

A few months ago I seem to recall a dust-up regarding solo-raids vs coordinated raids. Several raiders (including the well respected Old Gramlins) felt that it was a contravention of honor/morals to coordinate raids; that raiding should be an individual activity rather than an extension of an alliance's milcom. Is this no longer the case, or has MK never subscribed to this principle?

-------------------------

For the record, VOC is a protectorate of TOP. It's on our wiki and we announced it on these boards. Please don't raid them (I only mention it because someone recently did).

Edited by WalkerNinja

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='21 July 2010 - 10:21 AM' timestamp='1279729293' post='2382652']
No, you mistake me, I was being serious.
[/quote]
If that is the case, I apologize for interpreting it differently. Thank you for your reasonable response.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='21 July 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1279727858' post='2382614']
It is unreasonable to expect a raider to look at the entry for every major alliance to make sure they are not protecting their potential target. Because of the way the wiki is set up, searching for 'California' yields their main page only, with no other results listed. And the protectorate is not there.
[/quote]
Go to http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/California
Scroll down.
Click: What links here
End up here:http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere/California

[quote name='WalkerNinja' date='21 July 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1279729648' post='2382657']
And a question for Lebubu:

A few months ago I seem to recall a dust-up regarding solo-raids vs coordinated raids. Several raiders (including the well respected Old Gramlins) felt that it was a contravention of honor/morals to coordinate raids; that raiding should be an individual activity rather than an extension of an alliance's milcom. Is this no longer the case, or has MK never subscribed to this principle?
[/quote]

In MK we do it as an extension of the military, for economic reasons. Even when a raid is a fair one, the raided target may retaliate, in which case having a coordinated strike is helpful to minimize the damage received. It also allows us maximize the economic gains out of finding a successful raid target.

[quote name='xoindotnler' date='21 July 2010 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1279729869' post='2382663']
Scroll down.
[/quote]
I was not aware of this feature, thanks. I will encourage its use.

It is still no replacement for having the thing actually on there though.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='xoindotnler' date='21 July 2010 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1279729869' post='2382663']
Scroll down.
[/quote]

Hey now, you learn something new every day. I'll add this to our checklist of things to look for before approving raids.

[quote name='WalkerNinja' date='21 July 2010 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1279729648' post='2382657']
[/quote]

In addition to what Leet said, it's worth noting that MK has always raided "in packs" at higher strength ranges (due to us being an infra-light alliance) and has never subscribed to Grämlins' principle.

[quote name='savethecheerleader' date='21 July 2010 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1279729878' post='2382664']
Didn't California get raided once before, a long time ago? Or am I thinking of some other TPF protectorate?
[/quote]
No, you're correct.

If anyone was going to mess up by raiding a protectorate, it's best that it be MK.

Sorry, guys, but you're the best choice given that you're actually reasonable people. Hopefully less chance of 40+ pages of drama :v:

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Sardonic' date='21 July 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1279726474' post='2382593']
For politeness' sake there should always be something either on the wiki or bios, especially when the announcement is eons old.

Regardless, California has a wiki entry, it should have been in there too.
[/quote]

lol Sardonic,

This sounds like "If you don't lock your door, it's your fault if I steal you."

[quote name='Sardonic' date='21 July 2010 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1279729973' post='2382667']

[/quote]
[quote name='Leet Guy' date='21 July 2010 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1279730089' post='2382671']
Hey now, you learn something new every day. I'll add this to our checklist of things to look for before approving raids.
[/quote]
I'm happy that I could help. :v:

[quote name='Drai' date='21 July 2010 - 12:28 PM' timestamp='1279729703' post='2382659']
If that is the case, I apologize for interpreting it differently. Thank you for your reasonable response.
[/quote]
Not at all, I'm very easy to misinterpret and my penchant for OWF skullduggery only adds. I really do like MK, and it's only coincedence that the roulette hit MK at the point in time that it's of interest.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='21 July 2010 - 12:33 PM' timestamp='1279729973' post='2382667']

[/quote]
[quote name='Leet Guy' date='21 July 2010 - 12:35 PM' timestamp='1279730089' post='2382671']
[/quote]
There, see, public discourse does its job.

[quote name='Aurion' date='21 July 2010 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1279730250' post='2382679']
If anyone was going to mess up by raiding a protectorate, it's best that it be MK.

Sorry, guys, but you're the best choice given that you're actually reasonable people. [s]Hopefully less chance of 40+ pages of drama[/s] :v:
[/quote]
I completely agree.

[quote name='D34th' date='21 July 2010 - 11:38 AM' timestamp='1279730313' post='2382683']
lol Sardonic,

This sounds like "If you don't lock your door, it's your fault if I steal you."
[/quote]
Perhaps, but there is certainly an honor among thieves. We follow our codes and rules, like anybody else does.

Edited by Sardonic