Attn: Raiders

Schattenmann

As time progresses, it's becoming increasingly difficult to find good raid targets. Apparently. That's what I hear. I suppose it's true because there are more and more major screwups. To an avid raider, this is a huge frustration. Adding to the mounting pressure behind the nerdrage dam, which grows ever weaker against the strain, is the direct affect that increasingly violent raiding techniques are having on the pool of available targets. Imagine your favorite overfished lake, and the realization that as the fisherman it's your own damned fault that there are less fish and that the ones that are left have receded to the safe parts of the lake, in this case, alliances.

So it is that when an apparent target presents itself, the starving, wretched raiders of Bob are likely to pounce. Some of the more gentile raiders may cruise through the wiki. That's a claim one must take on face value, [i]maybe[/i] SOS Brigade could verify it. Even still, mistakes are bound to happen. And I mean like every third week. Ths we come to the case of California, this month's botched raid. The argument quickly devolved to its usual point: "Boohoo! it's not our fault we pushed the attack button on an alliance! How were we supposed to know? [i]It's your fault! [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzGZy84FeRQ"]Why do you make me do it, Dolores?[/url]"[/i]

[quote name='flak attack' date='21 July 2010 - 09:38 AM' timestamp='1279719509' post='2382481']
Get your !@#$@#$ protectorate with them posted somewhere. It's not on the wiki, it's not in the guy's bio that he is protected and it's not even on their forum.
[/quote]

Get your !@#$@#$ protectorate posted, indeed.

In point of fact, California has been a listed protectorate of TPF since 2008. I undertand, though, that all you lazypiss raiders who claim to check aren't the greatest readers, and aren't that interested in prevention, so I did some legwork for you. It took 4 minutes.

California's Protectorate:
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=11559&view=findpost&p=307995
[quote]California is a protectorate of The Generals of the The Phoenix Federation. An attack on them is an attack on us, so messing with them would be a very very bad idea.

Jbone-MoD
TwistedRebel-4 Star General
Nikolai-4 Star General
Stocker-4 Star General

Also for the record since it is asked so often this list should cover our current protectorates:

OPP alliances: Defense Confederation, GRAN, 64Digits, The Osirian Compact, Veritas Aequitas, and Purge

Generals Protectorates: Ninjas Will Pwn You, BDSM, Horde, Veterans Gaming Group and California

California welcome to the TPF family.[/quote]

You'll notice The Big Bad listed every other TPG protectorate in the post, as it turns out, they always do that:
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=29567&view=findpost&p=784146
In fact, a seaerch of "California protectorate" brings up a whopping 7.5 pages of results.

So, listen TPF, California: I need you to post your !@#$@#$ protectorate somewhere. It's not like everyone has the "search forum" function.

You'd think that the KofN! fiasco would have gotten people to do their due diligence, but sadly these incidents don't seem to be slowing down, they're just as prevalent as ever.

For politeness' sake there should always be something either on the wiki or bios, especially when the announcement is eons old.

[quote name='janax' date='21 July 2010 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1279726469' post='2382592']
It's also listed on TPF's wiki
[/quote]

Regardless, California has a wiki entry, it should have been in there too.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='janax' date='21 July 2010 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1279726469' post='2382592']
It's also listed on TPF's wiki
[/quote]

No it isn't.

edit: To clarify, I agree that it was a mistake on our part and I invited TPF to contact us regarding the raid. Carry on.

Edited by lebubu

[quote name='Sardonic' date='21 July 2010 - 08:34 AM' timestamp='1279726474' post='2382593']
For politeness' sake there should always be something either on the wiki or bios, especially when the announcement is eons old.
[/quote]

OMG :lol1: Do you even read what you type? Read it out loud and think how you sound. "I missed the buss mom because one shoo was in the living room and the other was under my bed, you didn’t put them together for me so it’s your fault not mine" Why should alliances make it easy for raiders to keep from breaking their laws? It’s not their job to put things in order for you; it’s your job to look. If you’re going to raid take the time to do all there is to make sure that little alliance you are about to attack is alone. I’m so sick of the bull !@#$ excuses from you people. There are alliances that raid that never have these issues because they take the time to do the hard things like using the forum search function.

Hey Schattenmann,

I'm the one who screwed up approval on the raid. It wasn't in his bio, wasn't on any wiki I could find, and didn't look all the way back to a January 2008 topic to check for a third time. Instead of letting the necessary parties deal with this, I can totally understand why considering this weeks events you decided to take an incident that completely does not involve you and blow it up onto to the world. Well played.

[quote name='lebubu' date='21 July 2010 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1279727470' post='2382604']
No it isn't.
[/quote]
So what's [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Treaties_of_the_Phoenix_Federation#Current_Protectorates"]this[/url]?

But I always found it funny how it always is the victims fault.

Edited by xoindotnler

[quote name='ironchef' date='21 July 2010 - 10:52 AM' timestamp='1279727504' post='2382606']
OMG :lol1: Do you even read what you type? Read it out loud and think how you sound. "I missed the buss mom because one shoo was in the living room and the other was under my bed, you didn’t put them together for me so it’s your fault not mine" Why should alliances make it easy for raiders to keep from breaking their laws? It’s not their job to put things in order for you; it’s your job to look. If you’re going to raid take the time to do all there is to make sure that little alliance you are about to attack is alone. I’m so sick of the bull !@#$ excuses from you people. There are alliances that raid that never have these issues because they take the time to do the hard things like using the forum search function.
[/quote]
Well aren't you a delight.

Most raiding alliances prefer to do our due diligence through the wiki and bios. Announcements are more likely to be missed, and will lead to messy situations like this. It is in the interest of everyone that the information is available in the proper places.

[quote name='xoindotnler' date='21 July 2010 - 10:57 AM' timestamp='1279727836' post='2382613']
So what's [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Treaties_of_the_Phoenix_Federation"]this[/url]?

But I always found it funny how it always is the victims fault.
[/quote]
It is unreasonable to expect a raider to look at the entry for every major alliance to make sure they are not protecting their potential target. Because of the way the wiki is set up, searching for 'California' yields their main page only, with no other results listed. And the protectorate is not there.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='21 July 2010 - 09:36 AM' timestamp='1279726569' post='2382594']
Some people just can't figure stuff out.

3 to 1, too. Real classy.
[/quote]
Lol, if IRON doesn't care to raid with the maximum possible success rate that's their choice but I wouldn't laugh at other people for playing it smart.
[quote name='NorthernLights' date='21 July 2010 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1279727634' post='2382610']
Aw c'mon, I mean according to raiders they were just trying to help the guy by attacking him 3 on 1~! He would learn and stuff.
[/quote]
Wow, you too.

Edit: Ahaha, ironchef too. Come on guys, it's pretty basic in terms of game mechanics.

Should be listed in the nation bio if anything, you're just asking for it otherwise. Mistakes happen, this one's fairly minor compared to many tech raiding incidents. I mean, if the nation has been peaceful for that long then it probably doesn't have a use for the tech and infra other than stat-building. I'm sure it's been setback a couple weeks but in the grand scheme of things that is indeed minor.

This was of course a mistake on our part, involved parties are more than welcome to contact an MK gov official.

Edited by Drai

Schatt, my old friend, I expected more of you. Right now, with this thread, you're sounding like a an average Penkala or Alterego.

I understand your will to fight the PR war but this is nothing but a mistake. Yes, it's wrong to raid a protectorate. Yes, California was in the news not so long ago (sup PC?) that our raiders should have remembered. It's a simple mistake from over zealous raiders. No, it's not a grand plot to our feces in anyone's face. Believe it or not. Our charter has strict rules and it was an honest mistake by a few members who had forgotten about the whole Karma drama.

As far as I know, MK gov't and TPF gov't are discussing as we speak. All while the "other side" is dancing in glee trying to throw anything they can at us. If you want to participate in this useless mud slinging party, suit yourself. I just expected more of you.

I'd also like to point out that MK does normally check announcements, unlike what Sardonic hinted at. And to reinforce what Drai said, it's ridiculous if you expect us to check every major, average, and minor alliance's list of protectorates when there are much easier and clearer ways for them to make the info obvious, such as putting it in the protected alliance's information.

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='21 July 2010 - 08:36 AM' timestamp='1279726569' post='2382594']
Some people just can't figure stuff out.

3 to 1, too. Real classy.
[/quote]

I know crazy. 3 to 1 is not a raid it’s a gang rape, but I suppose some alliance are into that sort of thing. I raid, my alliance raids, hell most of our allies raid and it sucks we have to be grouped in with the likes of thug raiders that roam the streets and attack in mass anything that moves.

[quote name='xoindotnler' date='21 July 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1279727836' post='2382613']
So what's [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Treaties_of_the_Phoenix_Federation#Current_Protectorates"]this[/url]?[/quote]

My bad. I usually don't go digging through related pages for every alliances though.

[quote]But I always found it funny how it always is the victims fault.
[/quote]

[quote name='lebubu' date='21 July 2010 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1279727470' post='2382604']
edit: To clarify, I agree that it was a mistake on our part and I invited TPF to contact us regarding the raid. Carry on.
[/quote]

Like running your mouth, eh?

Regardless, we've stated that we're willing to work with TPF to resolve this before this thread was posted so I'm not sure what the point of this is. I'm just going to assume that Schattenham is genuinely worried about California and is not desperately digging for ammo to hurt our PR.

PS: 3v1 raids are common practice if you want to actually get some profit out of it. I suggest you read a war guide or two if you cannot understand why.

[quote name='Leet Guy' date='21 July 2010 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1279727767' post='2382611']
Hey Schattenmann,

I'm the one who screwed up approval on the raid. It wasn't in his bio, wasn't on any wiki I could find, and didn't look all the way back to a January 2008 topic to check for a third time. Instead of letting the necessary parties deal with this, I can totally understand why considering this weeks events you decided to take an incident that completely does not involve you and blow it up onto to the world. Well played.
[/quote]

[quote name='Drai' date='21 July 2010 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1279727911' post='2382615']
Lol, if IRON doesn't care to raid with the maximum possible success rate that's their choice but I wouldn't laugh at other people for playing it smart.

Wow, you too.

Edit: Ahaha, ironchef too. Come on guys, it's pretty basic in terms of game mechanics.

Should be listed in the nation bio if anything, you're just asking for it otherwise. Mistakes happen, this one's fairly minor compared to many tech raiding incidents. I mean, if the nation has been peaceful for that long then it probably doesn't have a use for the tech and infra other than stat-building. I'm sure it's been setback a couple weeks but in the grand scheme of things that is indeed minor.

This was of course a mistake on our part, involved parties are more than welcome to contact an MK gov official.
[/quote]

You two are very gracious. I will indeed say that the victim is very lucky that it was MK that made a mistake and not some other alliance.

[quote name='ironchef' date='21 July 2010 - 09:02 AM' timestamp='1279728144' post='2382623']
I know crazy. 3 to 1 is not a raid it’s a gang rape, but I suppose some alliance are into that sort of thing. I raid, my alliance raids, hell most of our allies raid and it sucks we have to be grouped in with the likes of thug raiders that roam the streets and attack in mass anything that moves.
[/quote]

Now you're just being intentionally daft. Anyone who's ever raided before knows that generally when you raid a nation others are going to hop on to the nation and he/she will most likely be outnumbered in a few days anyway. So what's the harm in having your own alliance take the tech instead of someone else?

Especially at his range where !@#$ actually gets destroyed.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='lebubu' date='21 July 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1279728359' post='2382627']
I'm just going to assume that Schattenham is genuinely worried about California and is not desperately digging for ammo to hurt our PR.

[/quote]
Why would I dig for ammo when you keep handing it to me? This is your screwup, not anyone else's. Now, stiff upper lip.

[quote name='Leet Guy' date='21 July 2010 - 09:02 AM' timestamp='1279728129' post='2382622']
I'd also like to point out that MK does normally check announcements, unlike what Sardonic hinted at. And to reinforce what Drai said, [u][b]it's ridiculous if you expect us to check every major, average, and minor alliance's list of protectorates when there are much easier and clearer ways for them to make the info obvious, such as putting it in the protected alliance's information.[/b][/u]
[/quote]

No it’s not, and why should they have to? If you’re going to raid do your job and check. If it’s too much trouble for you don’t raid. As for Sardonic, I think there is more truth to his statement as to how things really are looked at than yours. He tells it like it is, you tell it like it should be but isn’t. At least Sardonic will own the fact that he is a mindless thug that can’t take the time to do a forum search and thinks others should make his job as a thug easy for him.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='21 July 2010 - 10:09 AM' timestamp='1279728578' post='2382633']
You two are very gracious. I will indeed say that the victim is very lucky that it was MK that made a mistake and not some other alliance.
[/quote]
Oh dear, you can't view a situation in a realistic manner. We must be terrible people if we're not getting worked up about something of this magnitude!

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='21 July 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1279728692' post='2382636']
Why would I dig for ammo when you keep handing it to me? This is your screwup, not anyone else's. Now, stiff upper lip.
[/quote]

You're digging for it if you're trying to show the world how careless and horrible we are, [i]after[/i] we agree that it was our mistake. What is the point of this again?

[quote name='ironchef' date='21 July 2010 - 11:13 AM' timestamp='1279728783' post='2382637']
At least Sardonic will own the fact that he is a mindless thug that can’t take the time to do a forum search and thinks others should make his job as a thug easy for him.
[/quote]
As I said before, it is a matter of politeness, something you appear to lack a shred of.

[quote name='ironchef' date='21 July 2010 - 12:13 PM' timestamp='1279728783' post='2382637']
No it’s not, and why should they have to? If you’re going to raid do your job and check. If it’s too much trouble for you don’t raid. As for Sardonic, I think there is more truth to his statement as to how things really are looked at than yours. He tells it like it is, you tell it like it should be but isn’t. At least Sardonic will own the fact that he is a mindless thug that can’t take the time to do a forum search and thinks others should make his job as a thug easy for him.
[/quote]

Can you name [i]every single alliance[/i] in this game?

And I'm being completely honest, I don't see why I would unnecessarily rebuke the comments of such a close friend of mine in Sardonic.