A Most Imperial Announcement

[center][img]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h250/isuppose240/IAAshield.png[/img]

[color="#0000FF"][size="5"]Case Closed[/size][/color][/center]

Grand Vizier Albion sighed. This was his third Holonet appearance in the past week. He wasn't fond of public announcements or speaking but he had to do what had to be done. As the transmission started, he cleared his throat and spoke.

"Several days ago, the Imperial Holonet came under what seemed to be an [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89210"]electronic attack upon our data systems[/url]. The Empire recovered communications minutes later and found nothing to be damaged. Since then, we have been patching all possible security loopholes to ensure the integrity of the Holonet and our databanks. The culprit of this incident was unknown with Imperials having a number of different suspicions. However, yesterday, the head administrator of the Imperial Holonet announced through our private channels that [url="http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx152/zSolaris/harhar.png"]it was he who had done it as a prank[/url]. We laughed, we cried, and we spanked him. Thus, I am most happy to announce that this case is closed.

That said, I would like to thank our allies for their support, ICAN for offering alternative hosting services if we needed to switch to new forums, and Spamalot for being Spamalot.

Imperium Increbesco!"

He then stepped away from the podium, chuckled a little, and moved on with his business.

Edited by MercyFallout

Well, technically the guy [i]does[/i] own the forum and has paid a great deal of money for them, so he can do whatever he likes - personally, when I found out a member who has been inactive for six months randomly came back and decided to play a prank, I thought that was hilarious.

[quote name='Chimaera' date='22 July 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1279717550' post='2382458']
Well, technically the guy [i]does[/i] own the forum and has paid a great deal of money for them, so he can do whatever he likes - personally, when I found out a member who has been inactive for six months randomly came back and decided to play a prank, I thought that was hilarious.
[/quote]
I'm sure you weren't in the same state of hilarity as to when you first saw the "hackings" :P

Glad to see this has been sorted.

:wub: IAA

[quote name='Voytek' date='21 July 2010 - 05:54 AM' timestamp='1279716828' post='2382445']
This is it. This is the exact point at which these kinds of jokes are getting tired.
[/quote]

As much as I want to agree with Chim on this one, you make too much sense. :P

:(( Flowingfire :((

[quote name='Chimaera' date='21 July 2010 - 09:06 AM' timestamp='1279717550' post='2382458']
[/quote]
I'm so glad you find it hilarious now. Funny how a lil information and some actual facts changes things huh? :smug:

Edited by MASTABADEY

[quote name='MASTABADEY' date='21 July 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1279750838' post='2383389']
I'm so glad you find it hilarious now. Funny how a lil information and some actual facts changes things huh? :smug:
[/quote]

Oh stop being butthurt because we nearly rolled you. :P

( /sarcasm, for anyone who CAN'T tell already)

Edited by MercyFallout

Glad to see it all worked out and my offer still stands, if you guys want to switch hosts... ever, let me know. Also, Maybe an upgrade from those old unsecure forums? :P

o/ IAA :wub:

I'm glad to see you didn't jump to conclusions too quickly. This [i]could[/i] have ended extremely badly had you not thought things through and sorted out the facts.

It's always sad to see forum attacks, but I suppose no harm was done.

[quote name='MercyFallout' date='21 July 2010 - 08:51 AM' timestamp='1279716695' post='2382443']
The culprit of this incident was unknown with Imperials having a number of different suspicions. However, yesterday, the head administrator of the Imperial Holonet announced through our private channels that [url="http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx152/zSolaris/harhar.png"]it was he who had done it as a prank[/url]
[/quote]
I'd also like to point at that the culprit was brought forward to IAA due to the actions by two non-IAA members. Me thinks IAA should be a lil more grateful that there are people outside of its community that still care for it, even if they are despised for ignorant reasons. :rolleyes: