The States of the United States

Maelstrom Vortex

If you go into the U.S. fact book you will notice that some states have a parenthesis next to it with the name of a player. These are states operated by other players. The others have none and are technically under my control. I'm writing this post to make all CNRPers aware that at any time you wish to play an American State under my control by becoming its elected governor, you only need but ask. There are a few rules.

1. You are aware you're handing over executive national power to whoever the President of the U.S. federal gov is at the time. It won't always be me. You're recognizing all your IG Military capacities are now under U.S. federal control, though you will control them personally as part of contributed federal forces or your state national guard in IC. All American Forces must follow the chain of command that leads back to the President.

2. You are aware that you are beholden to the will of the American People and Congress, as will be RP'd by myself.

3. You will attempt to RP your governor and state legislatures as they are mandated under the U.S. constitution to the best of your ability including the responsibilities, obligations, and restrictions thereupon.

4. You will not at any time attempt to secede from the Union as it is not constitutionally permitted. If you do, expect a nation wide backlash and a possible civil war replay as well as insurrection in the home state unless you have VERY good grounds for your government being treasonous.. in which case I will have to decide how strongly the American People would support their actions. (There are some situations I can imagine where this might occur. I am frequently undecided between two ideas. LOL.) Before doing something like this you should definitely consult me privately OOC about your ideas. Unplanned revolutions will be put down quickly.. as they always are.

5. You may submit candidates for national elections such as the Presidency.

6. Rules may be modified by me at any time at my leisure, but these are a good general guidelines of expectations. You will not attempt to exploit the rules. I am the last word on all matters involving the domestic and foreign affairs of the United States even if I have delegated this power somewhat to other people in the name of excellent rp.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Ryan Milley' date='20 July 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1279660338' post='2381281']
That would make the US an official supernation. I'm glad I'm in GODSWILL with the growing US. If you joined, I wonder how Pravus would feel.
[/quote]
I think JED was referring to how he'll do the same thing to his nation OOCly (as in handing out control of his provinces to individual players). I can't speak for him, though. :v:

[quote name='Ryan Milley' date='20 July 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1279660338' post='2381281']
That would make the US an official supernation. I'm glad I'm in GODSWILL with the growing US. If you joined, I wonder how Pravus would feel.
[/quote]

Even if JED joined the USA, why would I care? It's not like my government's independent attitude is going to change any simply because there are more US states on their border. Hell, I already border three of them, what's three more?

Some rules clarifications. If you win a state in the election, it becomes your land as a player. I am giving it to you and trusting you with it. You are giving up any other previous CNRP entity that you controlled.. not because of these rules, but by community rules that say you can only rp one CNRP sovereign entity at a time. You are still obligated to RP your own military.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='21 July 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1279745768' post='2383221']
Some rules clarifications. If you win a state in the election, it becomes your land as a player. I am giving it to you and trusting you with it. You are giving up any other previous CNRP entity that you controlled.. not because of these rules, but by community rules that say you can only rp one CNRP sovereign entity at a time. You are still obligated to RP your own military.
[/quote]
If you accept after winning, that is.
Right?
:v: